Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Firmware Question!
1188 18 2016-3-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Davidaw
lvl.1

Russia

Sorry if this is a dumb question - I'm an Osmo and Forum newbiie so go easy on me for a while!
Is there an easy way to check what firmware is installed in the Osmo?   I don't want to install the latest if it's already in there!

D
2016-3-10
Use props
simler
lvl.3

Yes go to general in the setting page then scroll all the way to the bottom and click on"about" it will tell you what version you are on. In my case mine which I just bought was an older version and I am having huge issues trying to upgrade. It says that the app is supposed to Alert  you of the new update, then automatically  update but mine does NOT. I tried doing it manually as well with an SD card and still no luck. If anyone reads this please tell me DJI has told me to do everything I have already tried several times so I am frustrated.
2016-3-10
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

simler Posted at 2016-3-11 01:22
Yes go to general in the setting page then scroll all the way to the bottom and click on"about" it w ...

You're right, we can check out the firmware version in the General Setting->About of DJI GO App.
About the upgrade method of the latest firmware version, I'm sorry it's not allowed to upgrade the latest one v1.4.1.80 in the DJI  GO App, the only way is to download it from DJI official website to the SD card and upgrade it manually.
If you have any trouble with the upgrading, please contact us freely.
2016-3-10
Use props
Davidaw
lvl.1

Russia

Yes go to general in the setting page then scroll all the way to the bottom and click on"about" it w ...

Thanks for that!  Sorry to hear you're having trouble with the upgrade.  Please let us know how it goes.
2016-3-10
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi, please check these steps (If you can't finish it correctly, please send us ‘Micro SD-Misc/log/OSMO_FW_LOG_AB_txt’ for analysis, thanks!):
1. Download the latest FW assistant software at http://www.dji.com/product/osmo/info#downloads
2. Extract the assistant software, move the *.bin to the root directory of the SD card (Ensure there is enough storage and your battery is fully charged,you'd better format the SD card into FAT32 firstly).
3. Power on the Osmo to begin upgrading.

Note: The power status indicator will shine solid green during a normal upgrade, and the camera indicator will blink red and green alternatively. The power status indicator will change to solid green after the upgrade is finished.
The storage location of log files for upgrade is ‘Micro SD-Misc/log/OSMO_FW_LOG_AB_txt’.

4. Restart the Osmo and ensure the Camera Status Indicator is off for normal use.
2016-3-11
Use props
thgrab
lvl.1
Germany

And before start the Osmo for the first time after the upgrade,  remove the file from your microSD ore use another one. My first Upgrades failed because I had led the micsroSD with the upgrade file in the camera. So after starting,  the Osmo tried to upgrade again and than it shows me ERROR.
2016-3-11
Use props
Davidaw
lvl.1

Russia

thgrab Posted at 2016-3-11 21:19
And before start the Osmo for the first time after the upgrade,  remove the file from your microSD o ...

Thanks, that's good to know!
2016-3-12
Use props
faishal.auliand
New

Indonesia

hello, i have question my dji osmo have not update firmware yet, it still v1.0.1.19 should i update to v1.2.1.60 first or the new one v1.4.1.80 ?

2016-3-16
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
First Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

faishal.auliand Posted at 2016-3-17 07:30
hello, i have question my dji osmo have not update firmware yet, it still v1.0.1.19 should i update  ...

Hi, just update with the latest FW, u can skip FW updates if u want to
2016-3-16
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

faishal.auliand Posted at 2016-3-17 07:30
hello, i have question my dji osmo have not update firmware yet, it still v1.0.1.19 should i update  ...

Yes, you can upgrade the firmware directly to the latest one. However, if you wanna downgrade the firmware, you can only downgrade one version from the latest one to v1.2.1.60
2016-3-16
Use props
River One
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7691722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-3-10 20:25
You're right, we can check out the firmware version in the General Setting->About of DJI GO App.
A ...

After the successful upgrade I now seem to have no audio settings in my dji go app? None with or without a mic plugged in .. any ideas on how to get the audio settings under "camera" back? thank you
2016-3-19
Use props
River One
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Adela--I have tried to find audio settings with both "bin" versions V01.04.01.80 and V01.05.02.00  and still find no where to turn the audio setting on?? Thanking you in advance for your assistance please.
2016-3-20
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

River One Posted at 2016-3-20 07:56
After the successful upgrade I now seem to have no audio settings in my dji go app? None with or w ...

Hello![Make sure your DJI GO App is with the latest version 2.7.1(2522)]
Please launch the DJI GO App, go to Gear setting->Camera->toggle on Record Audio.
You can also find the audio control in this way: tap the Camera icon in the right, scroll down to find Audio Control, enter that item and you can control the Audio Volume, turn on Record Audio or Mute the fan.

For any other question, please contact us freely.
2016-3-20
Use props
River One
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-3-20 21:19
Hello![Make sure your DJI GO App is with the latest version 2.7.1(2522)]
Please launch the DJI GO A ...

Thank you for your assistance. Since I am on an HTC M8 Android phone I am on version 2.7.0 (227) since the DJI site indicated that 2.7.1 as for IOS? .. Is it possible that the Android version has no audio settings? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanking you in advance.
2016-3-20
Use props
River One
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

River One Posted at 2016-3-20 22:02
Thank you for your assistance. Since I am on an HTC M8 Android phone I am on version 2.7.0 (227) s ...

I did find the audio setting on the phone .but nothing in the app thank you for your help it would be nice to have audio also in the app settings ..
2016-3-20
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

River One Posted at 2016-3-21 13:02
Thank you for your assistance. Since I am on an HTC M8 Android phone I am on version 2.7.0 (227) s ...

It should be the same in Android.
Could you please check it again?
Try to install the App and reboot it again, please!
2016-3-21
Use props
River One
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thank Adela ...reinstalled 2.7.0 twice .. still no audio settings under "Camera" or "General"--thanks again for your help .. its working but only on the screen access.
2016-3-21
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

River One Posted at 2016-3-21 20:41
Thank Adela ...reinstalled 2.7.0 twice .. still no audio settings under "Camera" or "General"--thank ...

Hi,
For both iOS and Android, the positions of audio control are the same.
In Android, Camera icon(in the right of the screen)-> (scroll down) Mic Control
In iOS, Camera icon(in the right of the screen)-> (scroll down) Audio Control

If it's convenient, could you please send me the shortcut of your screen?
2016-3-21
Use props
rodAndTheCat
First Officer

New Zealand

River One Posted at 2016-3-22 01:41
Thank Adela ...reinstalled 2.7.0 twice .. still no audio settings under "Camera" or "General"--thank ...

River one, it is there on android. Just click "camera" then scroll right to the bottom of the menu- it is off screen and you won't see it until you scroll the menu .

Rod and the cat{:3_52:}
2016-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules