Ronin M making loud beeping noise
7478 11 2016-3-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
torjus.thesen
New

Norway

My Ronin M is making a really loud beeping noise when i turn it on and whenever its stabilizing. Has anyone experienced this?
2016-3-10
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi,
Could you tell where the sound comes from? Did any indicator blink abnormally? Can you control the gimbal correctly?
More details about the issue will be appreciated!
2016-3-10
Use props
torjus.thesen
New

Norway

The sound seems to be coming from one of the engines – I think the vertical one. But it's sort of hard to tell. No indicators are blinking abnormally. Otherwise the gimbal is working just fine. The sound also disappears in silent mode. I understand that there will be some sound when it's not in silent mode, but it's really too loud to be functioning properly.
2016-3-13
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

By enabling Silent Mode, it can reduce the level of noise created by the motors. So, the noise should come from the motors. Please make sure there is no obstructions in the rotors. Check the setting of stiffness in the Assistant software please. Otherwise, it might be physical issue.
Since the noise from the motors will not be like beeping sound usually but slight constant buzz, to be sure about the problem, could you please send us the video for our better understanding?
2016-3-14
Use props
torjus.thesen
New

Norway

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-3-14 10:47
By enabling Silent Mode, it can reduce the level of noise created by the motors. So, the noise shoul ...

2016-3-15
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Thanks for your video!
I can see that you've turned on the Briefcase Mode, but your Ronin-M is still under Underslung mode. The noise sounds like the strong stiffness or the strong friction among the motors. Please hold the Ronin-M in a right way and have a test.To enter briefcase mode, rotate the handle bar 90 degrees so that it is perpendicular to the ground. You may turn briefcase mode off in the gimbal App, in which case the Ronin-M will never automatically transform into briefcase mode.
Wait for your further update.
2016-3-15
Use props
torjus.thesen
New

Norway

Okay, I understand. I turned briefcase mode off, and it had no effect (on the beeping noise). I've also tried different stiffness settings and have had no luck with that either.

2016-3-16
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Everything seems to be OK but the motors. Are you sure you've balanced your camera well enough before powering on the Ronin-M. Here is the tutorial video for balancing the Ronin-M, could you please check it again?
http://www.dji.com/product/ronin-m/info#video
If you are operating it correctly, but the problem still can't be fixed, I'd advise to return it for our professional test.
I'll wait for your update.
2016-3-16
Use props
torjus.thesen
New

Norway

I'm pretty sure I've balanced it properly, yes. How do I go about sending it in?
2016-3-30
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

torjus.thesen@g Posted at 2016-3-31 02:47
I'm pretty sure I've balanced it properly, yes. How do I go about sending it in?

If you're located in UK, please contact support.eu@dji.com for further assistance.
For more details about DJI GENERAL AFTER-SALES SERVICE FLOW, please visit DJI official website at http://www.dji.com/service
2016-3-30
Use props
Ilja-L
New

Netherlands

Hi, I've got the same problem with my Ronin, can you tell me the outcome of your problem?  Is it's a physical problem? Did you send it in? Or could it be solved by software/settings/firmware? Thanks in advance, Ilja
2017-10-30
Use props
TracyCox
lvl.1
Canada

I have with the Ronin S gimbal... I'm wondering if it's because it never holds the settings so the motors aren't set to strong and I'm way off balance with my zoom lens... yes -I use a zoom on a gimbal :-(
2018-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules