Best android tablet
1948 8 2016-3-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
onealmr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44852 ft

I have watched on youtube and read articles that the NVidia Shield is one of (if not the best) android tablet to use for the Inspire 1.  However, when I go to the google play store, it says the DJI GO app is not compatible with this device. So now I'm stuck scratching my head wondering WTF? Did I waste money on the NVidia tablet when it came so highly recommended?  I'm confused.  (And please do not recommend an apple device.  I can not stand apple)

Any help or advice?
2016-3-10
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just because they say it's not compatible doesn't mean it won't work, the best part about android is you can side load apps, go to settings on your device and click on " unknown sources" then you can download the DJI go app from somewhere besides the play store. The shield tablet will work great because of its fast gaming processor. The only problem is it's a little dim in the daylight, but most tablets are hard to see outside anyways.
2016-3-10
Use props
onealmr
lvl.1

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-3-11 06:55
Just because they say it's not compatible doesn't mean it won't work, the best part about android is ...

I completely forgot about the 'unknown sources'.  I'll give that a try and report back later and I do thank you!
2016-3-10
Use props
mmassar64
lvl.2
Flight distance : 176335 ft
United States

Using the Samsung Tab S2 works great and bright enough to see in daylight.
2016-3-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

I'm using the NVIDIA Shield K and it works just fine.
2016-3-10
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

try to grab the .apk from here and install it through the computer http://m.dji.net/djipilot
2016-3-10
Use props
onealmr
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-11 01:06
I'm using the NVIDIA Shield K and it works just fine.

I'm not sure if I'm using just the regular shield or the 'k' model but with the previous recommendation of unknown sources, I've got the app installed. I haven't tried it out in the field yet but it's there and that's a start.
2016-3-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

onealmr Posted at 2016-3-11 20:46
I'm not sure if I'm using just the regular shield or the 'k' model but with the previous recommend ...

Sounds good, you should have no troubles.
2016-3-11
Use props
I1ADDICT
lvl.2

United States

Whatever you use, Android or Apple, I am sure it'll be a great experience.  Its like no experience ever...especially if you can integrate VR or a HUD of some sort.  There's a great thread over here on it:
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;page=1#pid336054

I'll be the black sheep here and ask, are you SURE you want to stick with Android?  I ended up switching, so hear me out.  I both of them for a couple weeks and there is no question IOS is where it's at.  DJI says it was developed for the IOS as well and only lists IOS devices on my packing on the box.  The Galaxy or any Droid based OS will work fine and you will get great performance...but, if you see a iPhone or iPad Air 2 run it...the video and smootheness is so much better.  I am an android guy and have a S6 phone, and cannot stand Apple's iTunes control so I can't even browse my own content without uploading it to the iCloud first.....but......their video is amazing and leaps and bounds above Android in terms of the flying experience on my iPad AIr 2 64gb.  Getting a hood is anice, but you need some sort of old victorian style hood that blocks out all light for no glare or a VR setup.
Anyways, just my .02...happy flying and be safe!
2016-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules