12Next >
3064 42 2016-3-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

Well guys, found my first p3 pro stress crack today. Almost a year to the month that it was purchased. Not mad at DJI though. I have logged a million feet with this baby. It has been flown in some pretty windy conditions without issue. I have never crashed the quad either. Busted out the UAVBITS reinforcement plates and installed today. Back at it.
2016-3-10
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

That shell has reached it's lifetime longevity.
2016-3-10
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-3-10 23:18

Im not done with her yet Amy! Patched her up. Back up she went. ;)
2016-3-10
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

That is far and approx. = 200 X 1 mile trips! which when you think about is as the crow flies is not out of this world far, fact you were not likely bee lining it for that distance is impressive though,
How many battery charges have you been through? I am going to hazard a guess at about 400?
2016-3-10
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2016-3-11 01:11
That is far and approx. = 200 X 1 mile trips! which when you think about is as the crow flies is not ...

Hard to say but im thinking 100. I have had 3 batts for quite a while averaging 35 charges each. Also, i never fly less than 2 miles, lol. Gone out as far as almost 4 one way. So thats 8 miles in 1 trip. I love my quad.
2016-3-13
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-3-13
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Morph1 Posted at 2016-3-14 13:11
are DJI drones only good for 1 year ? so I got 7 months left and I can throw my drone in the garba ...

Of course not, I mean the shell has it's longevity.
2016-3-13
Use props
bobhyslop
lvl.2
Flight distance : 182379 ft
United Kingdom

Had my p3a for 6 weeks, flown 4 times. After last flight on Sunday found stress crack by motor mount screw. How do I get this repaired or replaced in UK?
2016-3-14
Use props
Username Here
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-3-11 00:18

Funny how the P3 shells are junk and you're lucky to get a year out of one yet you never hear about cracks in the P2's.
2016-3-15
Use props
moses1964
lvl.2
Flight distance : 153766 ft

United States

BOUGHT MINE FROM A DEALER,FLOWN ONCE HAS CRACKS ON BOTH SIDES OF THE UPER BODY,DJI SAYS THERES NO WARNTY ON IT AND THE DEALER SAID THAY SOLD ME A DEMO AND THATS WHY I GOT A GOOD PRICE.BUT SAID IT HAD ONLY BEEN FLOWN TWICE.I NEVER KNEW IT WAS A DEMO AND I ASKED BEFOR I BOUGHT IF IT HAD A WARNTY AND WAS TOLD SURE IT DID.I HAVE OVER 40 DRONE FROM CHEEP TO HIGH DOLLOR AND THIS HAS BEEN THE WORST EXPERENCE IV EVER HAD.1100.00 JUST THROW AWAY.NEVER AHGAIN WILL I BUY A DJI PRODUCT. SUCH A RIP OFF AND I TELL EVERY I KNOW.AS THE PRES OF ARE LOCAL CLUB I MAKE SURE TO TELL EVERY ONE I CAN ABOUT MY EXPEANCE.
2016-3-15
Use props
edbighi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47455053 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Phantom 2 cracked as well. I cracked two phantom 2 and two phantom 3 in spite of not having ever crashed a single one.  Hence, I never had one single gimbal issue. Actually, never any issue other than shell cracks. Let's see how it goes with the 4.
2016-3-15
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

moses1964 Posted at 2016-3-16 00:06
BOUGHT MINE FROM A DEALER,FLOWN ONCE HAS CRACKS ON BOTH SIDES OF THE UPER BODY,DJI SAYS THERES NO WA ...

Could you please provide the ticket number and the pictures of the shell?
2016-3-15
Use props
moses1964
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-3-15 21:13

Amy can you pm me?
2016-3-15
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Sorry I can't, we are not allowed to send the PM.
2016-3-15
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
Flight distance : 986716 ft

Morph1 Posted at 2016-3-14 13:11
are DJI drones only good for 1 year ? so I got 7 months left and I can throw my drone in the garba ...

Yeah, and I don;t know what BS that is. Those stress cracks should be fixed by DJI out of warranty IMO.

Here is why. It's a structural flaw on a design and there is nothing to do to keep maintenance on it to keep to from happening and if there isn't they should make one available.

I have 3 DJI phantoms now and no stress cracks.  The day I get one, I'll just bring it to my engineer friend and the cheap body the probably doesn't cost more than $15-$20 tops to them should have every part reinstalled in a new body right away.

The body of the craft isn't gasoline.  It's not a battery. It's not air in a tire.  There is nothing we can do to stop it from happening and therefore it should be covered by DJI who made a very expense product that doesn't stay together for more then a year? I've been lucky I guess.

I have a cheap Syma that i've had for WELL over a year and have changed the motors myself several times and it hasn't cracked one and Ive had that thing fall 100 feet, threw rocks at it to get it out of a tree and no cracks.

Feels like the P4 won't crack and that it's there best made product, but we will see.  DJI hopes that doesn't happen to me. I'll leave it at that.
2016-3-15
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-3-16 10:13

Well done Moses.
2016-3-15
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

2016-3-16
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

2016-3-16
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534587 ft
United Kingdom

Cant you just buy a new shell? That part cant be that expensive. You have all the expensive bits to fir into it and away you go for another million feet or so ;)
2016-3-16
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Here they are... http://www.helipal.com/product_i ... 7xcsCFUa4GwodAqoLAA not that bad this one is only £43 sure wont be rocket science transferring the mechanics over, would be fun and part of the hobby really
2016-3-16
Use props
moses1964
lvl.2

United States

Bhujang Posted at 2016-3-16 09:58
Here they are... http://www.helipal.com/product_info.php?currency=GBP&products_id=13158&gclid=CL6AoO ...

not the point you buy a rolls and aren't a fended that the head gasket leeks? go the extra mile pull the motor tear down and replace.....go that extra mile!!!!
2016-3-16
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
United Kingdom

since when did a p3 cost 1/4 of a mil ha ha ha how can you even compare ???
2016-3-16
Use props
DanielJacobsson
lvl.2

Sweden

When will Dji sell the P3 with a shell that dosent crack?
2016-3-16
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
United Kingdom

well a years use with over 1 mil foot flight records is pretty good going to be just getting the first cracks. What do you want? Id be grateful that they provide a replacement shell myself. If I had to buy a whole new drone then maybe id be upset.
2016-3-16
Use props
DanielJacobsson
lvl.2

Sweden

What I meant was that those first P3 got cracks, then came a newer shell but it also cracks.  I think this is bad, and think that the shells should hold, whether you have flown 1 day or 1 year. Obviously Dji have a problem with shells and should by now have fixed it. Especially before they release the P4, thats what I think.
2016-3-16
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
United Kingdom

the issue for DJI is a balance between cost, durability and lightness. Personally I think they do well. My p3p has been the best rc flying device ive ever flown from a series of over 20 different rc devices. quads and helis. most have frames that split, crack or break. Some arrive with the frame already cracked as well. If my shell lasts 6 months id be very happy. A year id be delighted over that wow that's a really fantastic make. Its the nature of the hobby im afraid.
2016-3-16
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4

Morph1 Posted at 2016-3-16 21:43
Phantoms are great flying drones with complete junk for components, (the shell itself and the gimba ...

Bought and returned a P4?

The P4 at least FEELS very well made.  The other Ps felt like they would break.

I just reluctantly bought the DJI care.  Seems so crazy to spend $299 for $1399 of insurance when I never crashed before but you know what they say about insurance, you get it to not be sick because the second you don't have it, you will be.

I do love the way the P4 files though and it's pretty full of features. I am looking forward to getting my Tornado and H though.  It doest'r seem like it's not well made,  The P4 seems super strong.

Did your friends bring back their P4 or was it something else? I am about to start building a F450 knock off. If you really want to experience fun, build your own,

Final thought, i just spent 2 hours trying to figure out when I began my activation on the P4 because each firmware upgrade worked but was wonky. I had to reboot the RC, I never saw it go all the way across and I don't want to be locked into a unworking bird.  NOBODY could tell me when I began it.

I'm so glad I bought it at the Apple store.  If I don't love it still in 2 days its going back as I am about to have the Tornado and the H.  Yuneec is making a power move for market share and they are getting some. Pre-orders come with s fee wizard.

I dunno, I'm starting to just want my S1000 and my Tornado because I use it professionally and there is really nothing I can do professionally with my P4 or H other than maybe an inset or establishing shot and the way DJI customer service is treating the customer is BS.

I was getting pissed that I could't find when I authorixed my bird because the tech thought it started when you bought it because he was wrong and he said well you shouldn't have bought it before it's release. I told him straight up, if you treat the customer like it's their fault for buying something on a sales shelf, you will lose customers quick. My interaction with customer service today made me want to return the P4 and I love it but I bought it thinking the warranty service would be like the P3s. I wasn't planning on spending another $300 on security for something that doesn't make me much money. My S1000 I would love to have that for.

What if it crashes and you can't find it, are you covered?
2016-3-16
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-3-16 15:43

How about a foot massage?
2016-3-16
Use props
moses1964
lvl.2

United States

ArtistFirst Posted at 2016-3-16 18:20
Bought and returned a P4?

The P4 at least FEELS very well made.  The other Ps felt like they woul ...

I have insurance on 4 cx 20's 2 phantom 2's  my inspire and one more drone and its with state farm witch every thing else is with,insurance for all the above drones run me  65.00 a year with no deductible, might look in to them.
2016-3-16
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4

moses1964 Posted at 2016-3-17 10:36
I have insurance on 4 cx 20's 2 phantom 2's  my inspire and one more drone and its with state farm ...

Ugh. Wish I knew that before. They ain't giving me my money back ever! But I will look!

I sort of feel like SF will be a little less forgiving on the accidents though. Thoughts?

DJI care will fix anything, sort of like last years warranty would have!
2016-3-16
Use props
moses1964
lvl.2

United States

ArtistFirst Posted at 2016-3-16 22:53
Ugh. Wish I knew that before. They ain't giving me my money back ever! But I will look!

I sort of ...

crashed one of my cx 2's . was my fault offered to have fixed or replaced with no questions. this has been my experience. I don't know if this is state to state or agent, but I check in to it. iv been happy with there service
2016-3-16
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4

moses1964 Posted at 2016-3-17 14:01
crashed one of my cx 2's . was my fault offered to have fixed or replaced with no questions. this  ...

Thanks brother!
2016-3-17
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

2016-3-17
Use props
moses1964
lvl.2

United States

Morph1 Posted at 2016-3-17 14:28
my kitchen sponge last longer....

mine to but it wasn't made by dji
2016-3-17
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

2016-3-17
Use props
moses1964
lvl.2

United States

Morph1 Posted at 2016-3-17 15:40
Mine was perhaps an improved version made from super strength fibers...
it's past it's warranty tho ...

lol that would be funny if I wasn't so upset.....no its funny any way
2016-3-17
Use props
arock387
lvl.2

They had better be joking about only getting a year before some stress cracks show up.  That is clearly a design flaw and should be covered as its not the users fault.  I'm sure there are probably some laws about it
2016-3-17
Use props
moses1964
lvl.2

United States

I got a email from them today ,I'm thinking because of dji Amy and thanks to her. dji has offered to do a rma with a 7 day turnaround. But also tells me there's no promise to fix after they receive it. just want me to send so they can look at it. now I'm wondering who pays for all this shipping and after they receive it if they will fix but say not there fault and charge me for repair.
2016-3-19
Use props
Not A Speck Of
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666493 ft
United States

I couldn't finish reading these ridiculous replies before seeing if someone else already pointed out the logic in most of your thoughts:

It ain't the years, it's the mileage. The OP mentioned that they had it about a year, but also reported over a million feet. Your P3 shell may last much more than a year depending on several factors, including miles/feet, plus how hard you drive it, how many crashes you've had, etc.

Also, I believe the P3 had case changes at least once in one of it's generations, no?
2016-3-19
Use props
moses1964
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-3-16 02:43

THANK YOU AMY. I GOT A EMAIL FROM DJI OFFERING ME A 7 DAY TURN AROUND RMA. THAY WANTED ME TOP GIVE MY INFO.AND SAID THAT THAY WOULD HAVE TO LOOK AT IT FIRST.DIDNT TELL ME WHO WOULD PAY FOR SHIPPING OR IF AFTER LOOKING AT IT WHO WOULD PAY FOR THE REPAIR. BUT AS I SAID YOU CAN TELL ITS NEVER BEEN CRASHED AND THAT THESE ARE STRESS CRAKS. HAVENT HEARD BACK FROM THEM YET I OFFERED TO SEND PHOTOS TO. HOPPING THIS WORKS OUT BUT FROM READING THE FORMS IM CAUSHES ABOUT HOPPING THAT STAND BEHIND THE PRODUCT. BUT AGAIN THANKS AMY MAY YOUR DAY BE BLESSED WITH SUN SHINE AND RAIN BOWS. MOSES
2016-3-19
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules