Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
3 Things for DJI to consider regarding the Inspire.
1821 15 2015-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ambambcopter
lvl.3
United Kingdom

First. Include in the update instructions list, explicit directions to ensure that ONLY the BIN file gets placed in the SD card root directory.
        I got caught out by this, which caused needless frustration.

Second. Can the flight log software be changed so that it starts recording when the Inspire actually takes off and there is a definite change in the Altimeter readings. I have quite a few flight logs now that were only static camera tests.

Third. When the propellers spin up they are distinctly scary and against certain backgrounds alarmingly invisible.
          Could DJI make available optional props, that have a good distinctive colour flash at the tip.
          This would be of particular help in judging proximity if flying in any obstacle rich environment.
          And help any onlooker see the potential danger if they are close-by.

2015-1-9
Use props
max
lvl.4

South Africa

Good point about the props
I wonder if the prop integrity will be affected if one dips the points in Orange paint?
2015-1-9
Use props
gregg
lvl.1

Netherlands

I am really glad you suggested providing the updated instructions. Having seen several different threads already about adjustments, updates, ticks etc I'm starting to worry when my Inspire eventually arrives I'm going to mess it up before I even begin.
2015-1-9
Use props
patou72
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3316614 ft
Switzerland

gregg@gregghone Posted at 2015-1-9 17:25
I am really glad you suggested providing the updated instructions. Having seen several different thr ...

Hi Gregg, i think the Manual is quite clear.... So if you download the firmware update to your PC or Mac you Will have a text file included, Which gives you all the explanations you need, step by step. Just take 5 minutes to read it and it will be ok

2015-1-9
Use props
gregg
lvl.1

Netherlands

patou72 Posted at 2015-1-9 17:36
Hi Gregg, i think the Manual is quite clear.... So if you download the firmware update to your PC  ...

Thanks for your reassurance. I've been spending every spare moment on here recently making notes from other users comments and to be honest I've started to feel more than a little concerned by my purchase. I'm sure my excitement will return on its arrival.
2015-1-9
Use props
tim
lvl.1
Flight distance : 328684 ft
United Kingdom

gregg@gregghone Posted at 2015-1-9 17:44
Thanks for your reassurance. I've been spending every spare moment on here recently making notes f ...

Don't worry too much Gregg, I was the same but remember - forums generally have all the negative points  on them. Many of the things people are talking about/asking can be solved through reading the instructions or having a look at the DJI website.

Honestly, when you receive it, update it and take it for its first flight, all these worries will vanish - its a lot of fun and a really great piece of kit!
2015-1-9
Use props
ambambcopter
lvl.3
United Kingdom

gregg@gregghone Posted at 2015-1-9 17:44
Thanks for your reassurance. I've been spending every spare moment on here recently making notes f ...

Hi Gregg
patou72 is wrong it doesn't mention the BIN file.
I was extracting the zip file direct to the SD card as per the instructions unaware that a folder had been constructed and in that was the Adobe instruction list and the BIN file.
Both the folder and the Adobe were getting in the way as it were.
Once I got rid of those and made sure it was just the BIN file in the root directory all was well.
2015-1-9
Use props
ambambcopter
lvl.3
United Kingdom

max@kingsley.co Posted at 2015-1-9 17:22
Good point about the props
I wonder if the prop integrity will be affected if one dips the points in ...

If you dip the tips in paint you will need to re-balance them.
The smallest discrepancy in weight will cause vibration.
2015-1-9
Use props
patou72
Second Officer
Switzerland

ambambcopter@bt Posted at 2015-1-9 18:56
Hi Gregg
patou72 is wrong it doesn't mention the BIN file.
I was extracting the zip file direct to ...

Hi ambambcopter,

You are Right but normally everybody knows that you need to unzip a file before using.
And then you have always the user Manual with the same explications.

Have a good flight
2015-1-9
Use props
gregg
lvl.1

Netherlands

tim@digitaltria Posted at 2015-1-9 18:48
Don't worry too much Gregg, I was the same but remember - forums generally have all the negative p ...

Cheers mate - good advice
2015-1-9
Use props
ambambcopter
lvl.3
United Kingdom

patou72 Posted at 2015-1-9 19:44
Hi ambambcopter,

You are Right but normally everybody knows that you need to unzip a file before  ...

Hi patou72
I should point out that the term "extracting the zip file" means to unzip and re-construct it to its original uncompressed state ready for use.
You are implying that I put the zip file straight onto the SD card.
And I emphatically did not.
In the Thread I was suggesting that DJI should make clear the importance of the BIN file.
And that isn't made clear in the list of instructions.
2015-1-9
Use props
patou72
Second Officer
Switzerland

ambambcopter@bt Posted at 2015-1-9 22:21
Hi patou72
I should point out that the term "extracting the zip file" means to unzip and re-constr ...

Hi ambambcopter, you are right. Maybe next time i will write in Swiss German....it is easyer for me to explain something
2015-1-9
Use props
vonbaron1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

ambambcopter@bt Posted at 2015-1-9 19:00
If you dip the tips in paint you will need to re-balance them.
The smallest discrepancy in weight  ...

So Ambambcopter, How are you balancing these spin on props??
2015-1-9
Use props
DJI-JS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 48940 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you, sir, these are well received.

The email push system is being worked on, we will send detail instructions for update. For the log, we will see if we can make it simpler so the file won't take too much space. For the prop, yea, I have that concern too, especially when take off from a tarred surface... we will see if we can make the tip to be white.  
2015-1-9
Use props
ambambcopter
lvl.3
United Kingdom

vonbaron1 Posted at 2015-1-10 05:18
So Ambambcopter, How are you balancing these spin on props??

Hi vonbaron1
No I am not balancing the spin on props.
As they are, if they have been manufactured correctly, they shouldn't need balancing.
I was just pointing out that blade balance is important and even a very small quantity of paint can ruin it.
In the past I have had to balance the rotor blades for RC kit Helicopters and it is very, very fiddly.
So I would rather it be done in manufacture.
2015-1-10
Use props
ambambcopter
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI-JS Posted at 2015-1-10 08:10
Thank you, sir, these are well received.

The email push system is being worked on, we will send de ...

Hi DJI-JS
Thank you for the response.
2015-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules