Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Polar Pro LED Kit Interference?
1699 9 2016-3-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jcarlson1701
lvl.1

United States

Hello all,

I know this subject has been touched on before but I wanted to get a consensus from everyone that has the Polar Pro LED Light kit
https://www.polarprofilters.com/ ... tom-3-led-light-kit

Has anyone had any issues with GPS reception with the battery being mounted to the top of the Phantom (P3A in my case) or the lights themselves being mounted on the legs/antennas?

It just seems to be an odd placement decision on Polar Pro's part...

I'm really considering purchasing the kit but not at the expense of my P3A's safety.

2016-3-10
Use props
mal6514
lvl.2

United States

No. No affect that is obvious to the naked eye as far as I can tell. Easy on/off install and looks great and helps with orientation from afar  -day or night . I chose to install backwards(?) with red lights in front and white towards rear . - since the phantom 3"s current led setup is red to the front and green to the back . Keep in mind these are for to help you see the bird. Not to help u see though fpv
2016-3-11
Use props
ChaneRZ
lvl.3
Flight distance : 171043 ft

I have one and doesn't interfere at all.
2016-3-11
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

I wouldn't recommend this led kit at all cause it covers the GPS on top of the aircraft so it can influence drone performace
2016-3-11
Use props
jcarlson1701
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-3-11 04:45
I wouldn't recommend this led kit at all cause it covers the GPS on top of the aircraft so it can in ...

That's what I thought and what's keeping me from purchasing it. However I have seen that many Phantom owners on the forums use this kit without issue so I'm still split on whether to get it or not...
2016-3-11
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

jcarlson1701 Posted at 2016-3-11 22:58
That's what I thought and what's keeping me from purchasing it. However I have seen that many Phan ...

for 50 bucks... i would think about it...
2016-3-11
Use props
fanscc07be79
lvl.1
Flight distance : 117936 ft
United States

I just bought the kit from Best Buy for $27.99.  It's awesome!  fits very nicely.  Lights are very bright.    I don't have the best GPS availability around my house in my yard.  Normally my PS3 lands very close to the home point and hovers very nicely in place.   I put the LED kit on the drone with the Customer top mounted battery and the drone acts weird. Hovers erratically and drifts & Returns home, but not very accurately like before.  Not flyable within safety limits.  I will try the P3S and the LED kit in an area with full GPS coverage to see what happens.  To be continue.
2017-6-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I would like to suggest another much brighter kind of LED lighting for your drone. ;-)
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 7&fromuid=38998

Hope you find a simple solution to your situation. Good luck.

RedHotPoker
2017-7-1
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

fanscc07be79 Posted at 2017-6-30 23:10
I just bought the kit from Best Buy for $27.99.  It's awesome!  fits very nicely.  Lights are very bright.    I don't have the best GPS availability around my house in my yard.  Normally my PS3 lands very close to the home point and hovers very nicely in place.   I put the LED kit on the drone with the Customer top mounted battery and the drone acts weird. Hovers erratically and drifts & Returns home, but not very accurately like before.  Not flyable within safety limits.  I will try the P3S and the LED kit in an area with full GPS coverage to see what happens.  To be continue.

If you read this thread from the beginning, DJI-Tim advises against mounting anything on the top of the aircraft. The GPS receiver is just under the top and you are blocking reception by placing the battery on the top.
2017-7-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Geebax Posted at 2017-7-1 01:28
If you read this thread from the beginning, DJI-Tim advises against mounting anything on the top of the aircraft. The GPS receiver is just under the top and you are blocking reception by placing the battery on the top.

That's certainly a poor choice for their battery location, above the sensitive GPS... Too bad.

RedHotPoker
2017-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules