landing gears lower during flight
1221 14 2016-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vruttiket Pune
lvl.2
Flight distance : 275732 ft
India

I am finding that the inspire 1 drone lowers its landing gear in the flight upto the level when camera is at horizontal level the landing gears shown in the frame by quite a great amount.  does any ony have solution over it. i did imu calibration also as well as gimbal calibration but no impact. i am using latest firmware of aircraft, radio and of application dji go.
2016-3-11
Use props
Harb
lvl.3

Australia

Did you check the sensors on the bottom of the bird to make sure nothing is going on there....
2016-3-11
Use props
vruttiket Pune
lvl.2
India

its completely clear due to mesh.
2016-3-11
Use props
vruttiket Pune
lvl.2
India

Harb Posted at 2016-3-11 17:20
Did you check the sensors on the bottom of the bird to make sure nothing is going on there....

due to mesh nothing is there i have checked also.
2016-3-11
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Dis-engage the "Self Adaptive Landing Gear"  it is located in ' MC " Master Control ( Aircraft) settings.  You may be flying over areas that do  not have enough contrasting feautres and it fools the Sensor making it think you are about to land.

Have Fun and Good Luck, Hope this helps,-donnie

P.S. : Harb makes a good point also to inspect the sensors as well.
2016-3-11
Use props
terrylewis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

vruttiket Pune Posted at 2016-3-11 19:57
due to mesh nothing is there i have checked also.

Donnie's post will disable the automatic lowering of the gear for you and you'll need to remember to manually lower the gear if that's not your normal habit/procedure.

But I'm just curious, what is meant by "Due to mesh" nothing is there?

Are you covering the sensors with something to protect them?
2016-3-11
Use props
vruttiket Pune
lvl.2
India

terrylewis Posted at 2016-3-11 21:34
Donnie's post will disable the automatic lowering of the gear for you and you'll need to remember  ...

no
just beneath of the sensor it has been covered by wire mesh to avoid entry of the unattainable partials directly on the sensors.
i am also finding imu calibration required frequently as it goes out of way that is dragging on a side and dragging is only restricted by imu calibration only even compass calibration does not help upto the mark.
2016-3-11
Use props
vruttiket Pune
lvl.2
India

terrylewis Posted at 2016-3-11 21:34
Donnie's post will disable the automatic lowering of the gear for you and you'll need to remember  ...

no
just beneath of the sensor it has been covered by wire mesh to avoid entry of the unattainable partials directly on the sensors.
i am also finding imu calibration required frequently as it goes out of way that is dragging on a side and dragging is only restricted by imu calibration only even compass calibration does not help upto the mark.
2016-3-11
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

terrylewis Posted at 2016-3-11 10:04

Terry you are correct that Landing gear will now be in manual mode with the" Self Adaptive Landing Gear " disabled.  The  Mesh that the OP is referring to is on two of the   sensors, it almost looks like a course faucet aerator screen that protects the sensor .  I wondered the same thing though until I remembered it ( Mesh) is attached to the sensors.  If you look at the sensors you will know what I mean.

All the best to you and yours- donnie

****Original Poster Pune : Please check and make sure the sensors are clean, even with the mesh debris can get lodged in there.  

2016-3-11
Use props
terrylewis
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

vruttiket Pune Posted at 2016-3-12 00:52
no
just beneath of the sensor it has been covered by wire mesh to avoid entry of the unattainable  ...

Ahhh, the built-in mesh/screen - Sorry I do understand now.

Again, sorry for not understanding, please explain your "dragging on a side".

Is something on your Inspire dragging or is it drifting (not stable)?
2016-3-11
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

vruttiket Pune Posted at 2016-3-11 10:53
no
just beneath of the sensor it has been covered by wire mesh to avoid entry of the unattainable  ...

Are you going to disengage the "self adaptive landing gear" to solve your first challenge?

Are you flying in GPS mode when this drifting is appearing? If not make sure in GPS Mode.

Make sure when doing IMU calibration you are on a PERFECTLY flat surface.Dont go near it during calibration because the floor can bounce as you approach it.  Do it in-doors.
When calibrating compass do it outdoors away from any metal, preferebly in a wide open area, remove any metal from your body and leave the transmitter at least 5 meters away.
Do the Compass calibration one time and do it properly.  Then only re-calibrate after a hard landing or when traveling over 100 miles from the original calibration site. Same with the IMU

I hope this helps.

-donnie
2016-3-11
Use props
vruttiket Pune
lvl.2
India

terrylewis Posted at 2016-3-11 22:31
Ahhh, the built-in mesh/screen - Sorry I do understand now.

Again, sorry for not understanding, p ...

dji customer service called shifting of the aircraft from its line as drifting
they are saying to do imu calibration to avoid this problem.
I am getting result due to imu calibration but after 2-3 flights it starts drifting.
2016-3-11
Use props
terrylewis
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

vruttiket Pune Posted at 2016-3-12 13:33
dji customer service called shifting of the aircraft from its line as drifting
they are saying to ...

As a way to check the IMU and compass before each flight, I always check the MC Setting/Sensors page. The MOD values tell you the statistical accuracy of you sensor values. At the end of an IMU calibration, I look for the GYRO and Acceleration (g) to read as follows:
the GYRO:                  x:0.00   y:0.00   z:0.00    MOD 0.00
the Accelerometer:      x:0.00   y:0.00   z:-1.00    MOD 1.00

Before each launch, these values should remain very close to these initial values when the aircraft is level.
The compass offsets gyro procession, it’s bias values are also shown there. The Compass values shows x (north/south); y (east/west) deviations and z, vertical inclination. The MOD value is normally around 1500 after a good calibration. This MOD value will give you immediate feedback if it differs greatly from your initial calibration when you are flying in the same location.

So, what do you SENSOR values look like on your next flight?

2016-3-11
Use props
vruttiket Pune
lvl.2
Italy

terrylewis Posted at 2016-3-12 11:54
As a way to check the IMU and compass before each flight, I always check the MC Setting/Sensors pa ...

everything same as you mention only i am getting sensor value near 1600
2016-3-12
Use props
terrylewis
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

vruttiket Pune Posted at 2016-3-12 23:03
everything same as you mention only i am getting sensor value near 1600

Great! As your aircraft drifting increases over time, check the sensor values and see if they are drifting also.

If your compass MOD, of around 1600, is good, then you want to check each time for consistency around that value when flying in the same location. If it fluctuates, then it indicates possible issues that need further investigation before flight.

Fly safe!
2016-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules