Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Return to home , home set point question.
1260 9 2016-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
addyover
lvl.1
Flight distance : 764869 ft
  • >>>
United States

I live near Barkhamsted Resivoir in CT. There is a scenic spot on the road that is about 850 verticle feet above the water's surface. If I were to launch (home point set) at the sceinc spot and fly down into the canyon of the resivoir, if I were to lose signal and "return to home" initiated, would the P3 climb to the height set point established  "return to home" setting before returning? In other words, would P3 climb to lets say......150 feet height setting (if that was the setting), then return to the home point which is 850 feet above the point that signal was lost? Before I try, I want to make sure it does and P3 isn't just going to rise 150 and then fly into canyon wall as it attempts to return.

Wow, that a mouthful and I hope I expained my question in an understandable way. Anyone that has experienc or just knows, I would like to hear your comment.
Thanks Addy Overbeeke

2016-3-11
Use props
mike.wildlight
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5623 ft
Australia

It will climb to the RTH height set within the app which is a height above the recorded home point. If (not in your example) the height of the aircraft is above the set RTH height it will stay at that altitude on it's journey home.
2016-3-11
Use props
mike.wildlight
Second Officer
Australia

2016-3-11
Use props
terrylewis
Captain
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mike's right on target. You may find DJI-TIM's post worth reading also:http://forum.dji.com/thread-38269-1-1.html
2016-3-11
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

terrylewis Posted at 2016-3-12 13:33
Mike's right on target. You may find DJI-TIM's post worth reading also:http://forum.dji.com/thread-3 ...

Thank you Terry for sharing my article
2016-3-12
Use props
Addy Overbeeke
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Thanks Mike and Terry,
I looked at you replies and links,  I really appreciate the advice/answers to my long winded question. I could not find much information about flying below home set point (like in my case 850 feet below) and how RTH would function. It makes sense that software would command to ascend to the altitude above the home set point and then start its path to Home Point, but I wanted to hear it from my fellow drone enthusiast .
Awesome , I will fly then into the canyon keeping line of sight .

Please watch some of my videos on youtube channel "Addy Overbeeke" .  I'm fairly new to aerial video/drone flying.  I am so hooked that I pre-ordered the P4 , I want to fly both drones taking videos of each other in some shots as I progress in my creativity of my new found hobby.  In several years I will be retiring after a long career in the aerospace industry and this will be something I want to pursue maybe for a business ?  
2016-3-12
Use props
raveneapoe
lvl.3

United States

Addy Overbeeke Posted at 2016-3-12 06:55
Thanks Mike and Terry,
I looked at you replies and links,  I really appreciate the advice/answers to ...

When you descend the altitude on the Go app will be displayed in negative value. For instance if you fly down into a canyon 150 feet that 150 foot reading will be negative: 150 feet below take off point.
If RTH is triggered the aircraft will rise to the take off point, plus the altitude you have set for RTH.
2016-3-12
Use props
Addy Overbeeke
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

raveneapoe Posted at 2016-3-12 17:55
When you descend the altitude on the Go app will be displayed in negative value. For instance if y ...

Thank you, I'm now more confident to try  minus -850 descent into river canyon.   
2016-3-12
Use props
Mike_fnq
Second Officer
Australia

Addy Overbeeke Posted at 2016-3-12 21:55
Thanks Mike and Terry,
I looked at you replies and links,  I really appreciate the advice/answers to ...

No Worries Mate
Have Fun!
2016-3-12
Use props
andrewa
lvl.1

United States

you can set the return to home attitude in settings
2016-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now