Take off and landings
3082 44 2016-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Paniza
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1411801 ft
Canada

Hand catch, is very dangerous and not for kids.

You need to be full alert to come out with full fingers.

I have done over 140 catches since may/2015.  Zero accidents and I'm hoping to keep that way.

Phantom's land gears are badly design and the aircraft tips over often. Just ask around.

I would not catch an Inspire. The landing gear is excellent and it is too big of an aircraft to risk catching.

Cheers!
2016-3-15
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-3-12 11:33
Hand catching is not only dangerous but very stupid as well, reaching for something with 4 props t ...

Only dangerous and stupid if you are careless.  I hand catch exclusively and have since my second landing of my P2V+.  My P3P has never 'landed.'  Unless it is an emergency it never will.

Really only dangerous if you have the quad too low so you are reaching right at it.  If the quad is hovering just above your head so you have to reach up from underneath when you take hold and shut down the motors before lowering your arm, minimal risk of injury.
2016-3-15
Use props
CapitAn
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Like Chris ^, my P3 has never landed on the ground, l always hand-catch. l've never hand-launched.

l landed my P2V+V3 on the ground once on its first flight and have hand-caught ever since.
2016-3-15
Use props
Not A Speck Of
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666493 ft
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-3-12 14:59
Saying someone  " is not the brightest bulb" is hardly name calling, if I said he was a d*mb m*th* ...

Okay, good on you for avoiding vulgar terms, informing a person that they weren't very intelligent without telling them they're a stupid moron.

"Not the brightest bulb" is downright cheery in comparison!

Meanwhile, many of we seasoned P3 flyings hand-catch.

"No savvy. No brains. Thank you sir!"
2016-3-15
Use props
MYC
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Sometimes I've found it worse landing on the ground if there's a bit of wind as you need to get it down straight to prevent it from tipping over. I've come close to it tipping when landing on the ground
2016-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules