Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Will an IPad 4 64gig with A6x processor be okay?
1106 5 2015-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SkySight
lvl.4
Flight distance : 143566828 ft
United States

Just curious because I found one for a fair price. I thought the A6x wasn't strong enough though. I feel like an idiot as I know so little about iPads after having iPhones forever. Thanks!
2015-1-9
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would not use it.  The processor will cause video lag along with other issues
2015-1-9
Use props
SkySight
lvl.4
United States

Thank you much Ed. So I really need an iPad Air or Air 2. I guess 16gig won't be good enough either. What do you think? Thank you for all your hard work on this forum. This is the first time we have interacted but I have read more than many of your informative posts. Great work!
2015-1-9
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

The memory is not the issue.  It is the processor speed.  My iPad mini with retina is only 16gigs but the processor is a A7.  It makes a big difference.
2015-1-9
Use props
Cyclops
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I've bought a Wi-Fi + Cellular 64 Gb iPad Air 2 and it fits on the controller just fine and the image from the Inspire is as good as it gets.

I keep the magnetic screen folded on the back of the iPad for a tighter fit on the device holder.  Various people have advised that it is better to put the iPad in flight mode to stop any wi-fi interference but I have not done that and again have had no problems.

An advantage of having a cellular enable iPad is that it is possible to access pre-stored maps wherever you are.  This for reasons only Apple knows is not possible with a Wi-Fi only unit.
2015-1-9
Use props
SkySight
lvl.4
United States

I ended up going down to AT&T and purchased the 64 Gig iPad Air 2 with WiFi+cellular.  It's weird because it has a phone number but I don't see how the heck that works since you can't receive or more calls from it. My Inspire is supposed to arrive tomorrow January 10th. I just hope it arrives as that has been more than half the battle in this whole thing. Thanks everyone!
2015-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules