DJI Ronin remote now working
8321 24 2016-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
matthewrobert22
New

United States

I bought my Ronin about a year ago. It worked fine at first (I use with the GH4), but the remote controller suddenly stopped working sometime ago. It will turn on, but will not control or communicate with the gimbal at all. These means I am not able to properly calibrate my center to find "dead center", and the Ronin, overall, will not balance properly anymore.
2016-3-13
Use props
valealvarez.s96
lvl.3
Argentina

connect the remote controller to pc sji asistant with the provided usb cable, update firmware, see if that fix it
2016-3-13
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

If you upgrade the firmware, please remember to upgrade all set at the same time so that their versions are compatible with each other.
If the problem happen suddenly, please check if there's anything wrong with the antenna of the RC or any defect in the RC. Can the RC link to the Ronin normally? You can also connect your Ronin to the PC Assistant Tuning to check if the gimbal can work correctly.
Any feedback will be appreciated.
2016-3-14
Use props
matthewrobert22
New

United States

I tried updated firmware, and was still having the same issues. There may be an issue with the RC atenna. I'm going to work on it again this evening. Thanks!
2016-3-16
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

matthewrobert22 Posted at 2016-3-17 02:33
I tried updated firmware, and was still having the same issues. There may be an issue with the RC at ...

Please! Wait for your update. If it's convenient for you, the more information about any problem the better for our judgement.
2016-3-17
Use props
matthewrobert22
New

United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-3-17 04:32
Please! Wait for your update. If it's convenient for you, the more information about any problem t ...

We got the Ronin working briefly. The PC assistant app was showing an error message "Not intelligent battery". It seemed the battery hadn't been screwed in tightly enough. When we did that...it was working like a charm. The Remote even starting working, and everything was going smoothly. We even purchased the thumb controller for easier use. We tested that and it was working just great. We tested it out the night before shooting again, and it was great.

Somehow, the day of the shoot, when we turned on the Ronin after balancing, it was not working at all. It would briefly turn on, vibrate, and then would be unresponsive again, like before. When we took the battery off, one of the pins that connected it fell off, and now it will not work again. We are assuming maybe the pin had already been bent for a while, and that is why it was having issues initially.
2016-3-22
Use props
djole.extreme
lvl.1
Serbia

Hi, I'm doing a complete update Ronin equipment.
Ronin all OK!
Thumb, control all OK
Remote control, during update, finished, asked to power caycle your device. But he no longer raaction, I changed the batteries, but no lights flashing, nothing does not react ???
2016-5-8
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

djole.extreme@g Posted at 2016-5-8 18:18
Ronin all OK!
Thumb, control all OK

Hi,
Are you sure the battery is OK? Also, please make sure the battery is firmly connected to the Ronin.
Please connect your Ronin to the PC Assistant software or the Assistant App and check if there's any abnormal display.

More details would be appreciated!
2016-5-10
Use props
darrin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1004731 ft
United States

djole.extreme@g Posted at 2016-5-8 03:18
Ronin all OK!
Thumb, control all OK

my remote died immediately after update..I have no controll from thumb controller that is on and binded.
does your thumb control work??
cheers
Darrin
2016-5-15
Use props
videoheads1
New
United Kingdom

The left joystick on the DJI Ronin remote doesn't work at all.

The right joystick which controls the tilt and panning left to right works fine. But the left joystick which controls the roll, so the horizon level is straight, isn't working.

Nothing has changed since the last time I used it. I've also changed the battery but it hasn't made a difference.

The bind light on the Ronin is a solid red once I turn the remote on, after powering up the Ronin.

Any suggestions?
2016-5-15
Use props
djole.extreme
lvl.1
Serbia

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-10 10:31
Hi,
Are you sure the battery is OK? Also, please make sure the battery is firmly connected to the  ...

I am sure that the batteries are ok, I tried 3 new battery pack, I tried the batteries in the other remote device and only Ronin immediately after update does not work, no bright lights, nothing. Ronin and thumb to operate normally and everything is normal in Gb Assistant.
2016-5-15
Use props
djole.extreme
lvl.1
Serbia

darrin@proimage Posted at 2016-5-15 10:03
my remote died immediately after update..I have no controll from thumb controller that is on and b ...

Yes, my thumb work
2016-5-15
Use props
djole.extreme
lvl.1
Serbia

darrin@proimage Posted at 2016-5-15 10:03
my remote died immediately after update..I have no controll from thumb controller that is on and b ...

Yes, my thumb work
2016-5-15
Use props
djole.extreme
lvl.1
Serbia

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-10 10:31
Hi,
Are you sure the battery is OK? Also, please make sure the battery is firmly connected to the  ...

Once again , that the batteries are good , the remote was working normally before the update , immediately after completion of the update to work when the on-screen desktop pose ( again turn off / on your device ) indicator light on remote has stopped flashing . The remote is out of function , and if the i better listen from him is heard quietly sizzling , non-stop and quietly .
2016-5-16
Use props
SteadyWTF
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

djole.extreme@g Posted at 2016-5-16 05:15
Once again , that the batteries are good , the remote was working normally before the update , imm ...

This happened to me as well.  Any fix?
2016-5-21
Use props
djole.extreme
lvl.1
Serbia

SteadyWTF Posted at 2016-5-21 19:11
This happened to me as well.  Any fix?

No, no one has been given the option to fix, DJI required to send remote to them, to me is not worth it, it is easier to buy a new one, but I'm looking from DJI answer whether this will happen with the new remote if as a bet on this update. DJI has not answered this question
2016-5-21
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

djole.extreme@g Posted at 2016-5-16 17:15
Once again , that the batteries are good , the remote was working normally before the update , imm ...

Hello.
Sorry for the late reply.
Did you try to upgrade the RC firmware to V1.1.0.21? If you did and after that your RC was dead, I'm afraid you have to return your RC for repair.

Kindly please be noticed that RC firmware V1.1.0.21 is only for Ronin-M RC, it's not compatible with the Ronin RC, any attempt of this RC firmware upgrade in the Ronin RC may cause serious damage to the Ronin RC.

Sorry again for any trouble caused.
2016-5-23
Use props
djole.extreme
lvl.1
Serbia

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-23 11:13
Hello.
Did you try to upgrade the RC firmware to V1.1.0.21? If you did a ...

Yes, I did just that, the update new fw 0.21
You have to put a warning, I'm not the only one who made a mistake.
To send for repair to me is not worth it, the warranty has expired, I will buy new and this goes in the trash.
Pleas,remove the update 0.21 from offer list for the standard Ronin! if the Ronin M has no reason to be in the standard offer for Ronin.
TNX
2016-5-24
Use props
videoheads1
New
United Kingdom

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-23 10:13
Hello.
Did you try to upgrade the RC firmware to V1.1.0.21? If you did a ...

Hi,

I am having the same issues with my Ronin (not Ronin-M) where the left joystick is not working but the right joystick is working. The red bind button is fine with a solid red. And this problem suddenly happened out of the blue.

When connecting the remote to the PC Assistant it says I have firmware 1.01.19 and I need to upgrade to 1.1.021. I have the remote model no. NDJ6 printed on the back.

Do I upgrade to the firmware then or not?? Please note, as stated before, I have the big Ronin and not the Ronin-M.

Also when connecting the remote to the PC Assistant app, it registers the movement of both the left and right joystick. When toggling the joystick, the values change in the PC App.
2016-5-24
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

videoheads1@gma Posted at 2016-5-24 22:36
Hi,

I am having the same issues with my Ronin (not Ronin-M) where the left joystick is not workin ...

Hello.
Please don't upgrade the firmware of your Ronin RC to v1.1.0.21.
When you upgrade the firmware of your Ronin unit to the latest version in the latest Assistant program, the RC doesn't need to be upgraded.

If there's any further update, we would keep you informed.

Thanks.
2016-5-25
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

djole.extreme@g Posted at 2016-5-24 20:21
Yes, I did just that, the update new fw 0.21
You have to put a warning, I'm not the only one who m ...

Sorry for the trouble.
I've posted a warning in our Forum (http://forum.dji.com/thread-53404-1-1.html), hope that would help to avoid this kind of accidents in the future.
Our engineers will try to find a better solution in the future.

If you have any doubt or question about future update, please feel free to contact us firstly.

Thanks for your understanding.
2016-5-25
Use props
dji-nycom
New

French Polynesia

Hello Sir
You probably know why I post this message... after update of GB assistant to version 2.4, I updated my Ronin gimbal, then, the thumb, then I put my RC on charge, and it indicated to upgrade it to new version 0.21.
Then it crashed...

So, if you knew this trouble shooting before, why your GB assistant still says "upgrade" when we plugg our Remote Controller? And sorry, it dii not tell me to read all the pages of this forum before to warn me.

Please tell know how to solve my problem?
Thank you in advance
2017-2-27
Use props
Zezar
New

Mexico

I just have the same problem, its so stupid that you dont put a warning or something, now what should we do? just complaint out loud with
any solution at all??

2017-5-17
Use props
Armesa
lvl.1

Russia

Zezar Posted at 2017-5-17 16:14
I just have the same problem, its so stupid that you dont put a warning or something, now what should we do? just complaint out loud with
any solution at all??

Ive disassembled Ronin RC, and find a button inside, by pushing it and turning on the RC while connected to PC, Assistant APP shows that the Ronin-M RC is connected and offer to upgrade firmware. In Theory that means, we can ask DJI to provide us with a standard Ronin RC firmware.
2017-6-7
Use props
Cymon
New

United Kingdom

Here is what I did to connect my remote to the Ronin MX; Ensure both batteries on the Ronin, and the Ronin remote is charged. Turn remote off (important to do)  press the bind button in for 3 seconds or as soon as the red light flashes faster, as soon as the release the bind button the lights on the Ronin should go green. At this point turn the Ronin remote on and do nothing until the light stays green. You can connect the Phone app at the same time.
2019-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules