Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
RC Signal percent
614 3 2016-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Thompsonrh
lvl.1

Canada

Studying the logs of my Inspire 1 Pro after a flight I reviewed a parameter RC Signal percent. During a 2 min circuit using Autopilot Logic's autopilot app, the percent started at 100 and at the furthest point, the signal was down to 92 which made me wonder at what percentage the RC would disconnect and trigger return to home. It seemed like quite a big drop considering the Inspire was only 210 ft from Home Point, clearly LOS and no major obstructions. You can see the boring video here, I'm still experimenting with and getting comfortable with Autopilot, which is an amazing App, it brings the Inspire to a whole new level.

BTW I have now removed the piece of dust on the sensor (LHS, end of video) with a electrostatic puffer.
2016-3-13
Use props
Donnie
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Wow, Montreal is lovely, if it had a better climate I would consider it.  Nice Video.

All the Best from the USA-donnie
2016-3-13
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

you can see it's sunny but still freezing outside... You got a dust on a sensor? or just on a glass?
2016-3-13
Use props
Thompsonrh
lvl.1

Canada

Thanks Tim. We call this a beautiful day in Montreal and we're thankful that we havent had too much snow this winter.

I removed the lens and there was a large crumb (or something) on the sensor. Easily blown away with my electrostatic Giottos Firefly senor puffer (highly recommended).

But the purpose of this thread was the question on RC signal percent, at what per cent signal strength would the inspire trigger Return to Home?
I got this data through the Autopilot App (Autopilot Logic), really an amazing App. I assume the Autopilot App picks this up from the DJI data stored onboard the Inspire 1 Pro.

My dream is that DJI and Autopilot Logic get together and allow Autopilot to be a switch within the Go App so you can fly safely to and from the Autopilot Flight Plan senario, or take over from Autopilot if things go pear shaped and continue with the Go App. Presently you have to open & close the Go App and Autopilot App....makes me nervous switching Apps.
Thanks
2016-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules