Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
"No signal"
1173 7 2016-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
americanrawlins
lvl.3

United States

So I went to the snow this weekend and it flew fine earlier in the AM, then the PM came and it would work. The display said "no signal or disconnected". Nothing changed from the 1st time I flew to the PM session. I changed out batteries and that didn't help. I even tried the 2nd remote and no luck. Anyone got any ideas????
2016-3-13
Use props
Movin on
Second Officer
Flight distance : 173455 ft

United States

In this order:  1.  disconnect or remove and re-install the X3 camera.
2.  delete and re-install the DJI GO APP
3.  remove and re-insert the USB cable to the RC and Tablet.
4.  restart the RC, AC and APP on tablet.
If that didn't solve it, call DJI after Sale Support.
2016-3-13
Use props
Hterag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961978 ft
China

Which device are you using for the app? I know I've had that issue with both of my phones from time to time and two of my friends have had it intermittently with Phantom 3s... What usually solves it for them is a combination of restarting the phone, unplugging/replugging the USB cable and turning the controller off/on again. What fixes it seems to be pretty random.

For my part, it seems to be related to the USB connector on the controller side getting too warm... I've not had the issue at all in the winter but had it regularly when it was hotter. It was hard to demonstrate it at the DJI store because the store is air-conditioned... That said, it doesn't seem to do the same thing with the Nexus 9 tablet, which I used for a while... It would be a strange issue to effect two phones at the same time but not the tablet, all of them Android devices but from different manufacturers.
2016-3-13
Use props
dwaiteretired
lvl.3

United States

Also check the condition of the gold plated contacts in the camera mount on the aircraft side and camera side.
I found that they can get bent or dirty and this will lead to the " no signal " problem.
2016-3-13
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

you also can try to refresh the video link Press the C1 + C2 + Trigger (photo) buttons and keep them pressed and TURN OFF the controller.
By still keeping pressed the C1 + C2 + Trigger (photo) buttons TURN ON the controller.
2016-3-13
Use props
americanrawlins
lvl.3

United States

I will try all of these today when I get home..... Have any of you heard that SD cards are also the reason for this " no signal"????
2016-3-14
Use props
americanrawlins
lvl.3

United States

So I went home and attempted to try these solutions and I believe it was the camera connection. Cause taking off from a higher altitude wouldn't make a difference would it? Im normally at sea level and the snow was 8,000ft
2016-3-15
Use props
Donnie
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

americanrawlins Posted at 2016-3-14 17:34
I will try all of these today when I get home..... Have any of you heard that SD cards are also the  ...

The SD card wont cause  "NO Signal  error" but can help to diagnose if the Video Transmission Logic Board is faulty.  When having trouble you load the LATEST firmware that is on your aircraft and Re-load it once again (SD card ) Just as if you were doing an update.  After couple  minutes the aircraft will beep once or twice and then return to standby mode.  Now Remove the SD and place in your comuter  and View the" Hidden file".  Lines 0800 and 1500 are the Video Board.  If they say "Unable to Detect"  More often than not it must be sent in for repair.  If it say "How to Connect"  then there is a problem with the RC ( Transmitter ) seeing the Device, so perhaps a faulty USB ( On transmitter ) or bad USB cable.  Or the GO APP is corrupted,  

I hope this helps, I will leave a link on how to View the Hidden Files as well.

Cheers- donnie

http://forum.dji.com/thread-44546-1-1.html
2016-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules