Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
No Point Uploading Youtube Vids!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tintin
lvl.2

United Kingdom

The video quality from the Phantoms is superb, but when uploaded to youtube the quality is seriously diminished. I've researched this particular topic a lot, and from what I've read, (without getting all technical with bitrates and so on), it seems to be that it's the luck of the draw as to whether or not your video is going to be good or bad quality regardless of how you upload it. I've watched youtube videos in the past that have looked to be in 1080 and watching the same videos a year or so later they seem to have dropped to around 480 (or even less). It seems to me that Youtube are beginning to downgrade videos more and more frequently. It puts me off uploading. Vimeo seems to be going the same way!
2016-3-13
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

I have been uploading videos to YouTube for a long time, and none of my videos have been downgraded. Vimeo on the other hand does a lesser job and won't do any better unless you buy a subscription. I don't waste my time with Vimeo any more.
2016-3-13
Use props
Tintin
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2016-3-13 23:27
I have been uploading videos to YouTube for a long time, and none of my videos have been downgraded. ...

Hi. I don't think I've seen one video on this site (Youtube link) that has been any good. None of them come anywhere near the original quality. I use an iPad and my own videos on my iPad are pure perfection quality wise. I doubt my iPad could be responsible for the low quality vids I see on youtube? But then again I don't really watch youtube videos on a PC so I don't know really.
2016-3-13
Use props
nigelw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

Tintin Posted at 2016-3-13 23:59
Hi. I don't think I've seen one video on this site (Youtube link) that has been any good. None of  ...

It could be just down to the viewer settings making things worse (I often have to manually change settings on my laptop), but yes, they are heavily compressed on Youtube.
2016-3-13
Use props
James'ik
lvl.2
Flight distance : 126804 ft
Poland

I don't know how it works exactly but I find it unlikely that YouTube would downgrade videos. What it does do is lower the resolution when your internet connection is slow. The default setting for resolution is AUTO and it will try the best resolution you can get. Maybe it's not the videos that got downgraded but your internet connection? Do a speedtest and see what you're getting and then try setting the resolution manually and see what happens. In my case on 1080p the video on YouTube would buffer at around 30 - 40Mbps then stop and buffer again all while the video is playing smoothly.

Speedtest:
www.speedtest.net

Resolution on YouTube - move your mouse over the video being played, then look for a cog/sprocket in the lower right corner and click on that, one of the options there is Quality where you can choose your resolution. If the video stutters you might want to give your ISP a call ;)

Good luck
2016-3-13
Use props
icsrz
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Maybe its your monitor?
2016-3-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now