DJI Ronin has gone crazy after firmware update
1884 10 2016-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thingisthebest
New
United Kingdom

So after updating my Ronin to the lastest firmware with the Assistant Software v1.8, the gimbal seems to have lost total control. When any amount of power is supplied to the motors it will swing about violently, even smacking my lens against the tuning stand. I have to physically hold the gimbal to stop it from moving in such an erratic way. The only way I can calibrate is to put the motors at 0 so it stays still and this still hasn't helped despite calibrating countless times. I've tried setting it to default, and I've tried downgrading using Assistant Software v1.4 but the problem still remains. I think before the firmware update the Ronin hadn't been upgraded since at least Assistant 1.2, I was hoping someone could email me the software so I can see if it is the firmware causing the issue before I try the upgrade again.
       Thanks,
             Rob
2016-3-15
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello!
Sorry about the trouble. This situation happens occasionally after the upgrading.
If you want to downgrade to IMU 2.1, we need access to your PC (Window 7 would be preferred, we can't work on Mac right now) remotely and help you do the downgrade, our operation time is 9AM to 6PM in China, you may add our skype “shuang.zou123”, once you are available, please contact our technican on Skype, thanks!
2016-3-17
Use props
raymondbanh
New

Canada

I'm having the same issue with my DJI Ronin as well.  Has anyone ever found a solution to this problem?
2016-7-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

raymondbanh@gma Posted at 2016-7-13 01:56
I'm having the same issue with my DJI Ronin as well.  Has anyone ever found a solution to this probl ...

For clarification, is the behavior of your Ronin the exact same as the OP's? Have you tried Adela's suggestions above? It would be helpful to receive more information on your set up, what operating system you're using and how your unit is behaving to better troubleshoot the issue.
2016-7-12
Use props
raymondbanh
New

Canada

Yes, the behaviors the same as the OP's.  The Ronin just swings around once it's turned on, even if everything is balanced.  I've tried Adela's suggestion above, but it still has the same issue.  I'm using my Red Epic on it, which had no problems in the past, now it starts going crazy after I turn it on with the updated firmware.  It still goes crazy even if I've downgraded it.
2016-7-13
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

raymondbanh@gma Posted at 2016-7-13 22:35
Yes, the behaviors the same as the OP's.  The Ronin just swings around once it's turned on, even if  ...

Could you happen to provide a small video on this behavior? Any visuals would be appreciated.
2016-7-13
Use props
raymondbanh
New

Canada

I've been busy for the last two days, so I didn't get around to it.  Here's a video of what's been happening with it:

2016-7-16
Use props
noel
New

France

Hello every one,
I m from france, and i live exactly the same issue like Raymondband, for the second time on second Ronin (((
What can i do to fix it ??

thanks
2016-7-25
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

raymondbanh@gma Posted at 2016-7-16 22:48
I've been busy for the last two days, so I didn't get around to it.  Here's a video of what's been h ...

Based on the video, a Repair service through the North American Repair center would be the best course of action to getting this issue addressed.

In addtion, it would be best to hit the "Reply" button when responding to a previous post so that the other person can be notified.
2016-7-25
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

noel@atelier58. Posted at 2016-7-25 19:31
Hello every one,
I m from france, and i live exactly the same issue like Raymondband, for the second ...

If it's exacly like Raymondband's issue, then a repair service would be needed through the Europe Support Team.
2016-7-25
Use props
noel
New

France

thanks Jamie
Do you have the contact For Paris or he Europe Support Team please
2016-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules