Ronin M problem aerialshoot
1669 13 2016-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
k7ailan
lvl.1

Kuwait

i have S1000 with Ronin M but there is a problem during moving that it Deviates

does anyone face this problem before or anyone have a solution???

Regards
2016-3-15
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

The Ronin-M was designed for handheld stabilization but features a quick-release mount that may be attached to compatible aircraft. Note that the Ronin-M does not have a dedicated aerial damping plate or rubber dampers and stabilization results when flying may vary. Any flying platform that the Ronin-M is attached to must meet the flight payload requirements for both the Ronin-M and your camera system.
2016-3-15
Use props
Picture Factory
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5059882 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you mean not holding horizon or level... from what I have found the Ronin M with the 1.3 and higher firmware will not hold horizon. I have kept mine at 1.2 firmware for IMU, 1.1 for GCU and it works great for aerial (and ground) work.
Cheers
2016-3-16
Use props
Picture Factory
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I should reiterate what DJI-Adela said, and we also use a vibration isolation system between the copter and gimbal, but I would suggest down grading the firmware to 1.2.
Cheers
2016-3-16
Use props
k7ailan
lvl.1

Kuwait

i have full kit ronin m for S1000 but my point when i fly and move my s1000 forward the ronin m moving down Horizon  
2016-3-16
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

k7ailan@live.co Posted at 2016-3-17 12:45
i have full kit ronin m for S1000 but my point when i fly and move my s1000 forward the ronin m movi ...

Do you mean that the Ronin-M will tilt downwards when you move the S1000 forward? Isn't it because of inertia?
2016-3-17
Use props
jason
lvl.2
  • >>>

Picture Factory Posted at 2016-3-16 10:26
If you mean not holding horizon or level... from what I have found the Ronin M with the 1.3 and high ...

My ronin m in flight looks great flying sideways and climbs, when in forward flight I get bounce in the pitch axis, and a little horizon drift. Do you think the 1.2 firmware will help? Do you change any settings other than auto tune? Thanks
2016-3-18
Use props
k7ailan
lvl.1

Kuwait

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-3-17 11:01
Do you mean that the Ronin-M will tilt downwards when you move the S1000 forward? Isn't it because ...

when i move my s1000 fowrard ronin m go down (about 4 or 5 degrees) when i bring it back go up the same
2016-3-19
Use props
k7ailan
lvl.1

Kuwait

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-3-17 11:01
Do you mean that the Ronin-M will tilt downwards when you move the S1000 forward? Isn't it because ...

when i move my s1000 fowrard ronin m go down (about 4 or 5 degrees) when i bring it back go up the same
2016-3-19
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

k7ailan@live.co Posted at 2016-3-20 14:15
when i move my s1000 fowrard ronin m go down (about 4 or 5 degrees) when i bring it back go up the ...

Does it only happen during flying? How about using the Ronin in ground.
Make sure you've balanced the camera well. If it only happen in flying, I'm afraid we can't guarantee any perfect performance since Ronin is designed to be a handheld stabilization device.
2016-3-20
Use props
k7ailan
lvl.1

Kuwait

Picture Factory Posted at 2016-3-16 20:31
I should reiterate what DJI-Adela said, and we also use a vibration isolation system between the cop ...

any idia how could i downgrade the frameware?
2016-3-21
Use props
Picture Factory
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Like I mentioned earlier, the Ronin M with 1.3 or 1.4 firmware will not hold horizon, it will drift. DJI needs to address this issue. DJI should be able to get you the 1.2 firmware. I had it saved on my computer from way back. I keep all of them just in case.
And just to clarify, It's the version 1.2 gimbal software that you need to do the downgrade. Once you open the older version of the gimbal software it will allow you to download the 1.2 firmware and downgrade.
As far as the tilt pitching forward and backward on you...sounds like the motor stiffness is too low. Once you do autotune bump up the motor stiffness until you get some vibration from the tilt motor, then back it down about 3 or 4 digits and go with that for your tilt. I actually bump up all my motors as flying the Ronin M induces much more pressure on all the motors. Works good for any situation where you are moving the system faster than walking speed...vehicle mount, running.
2016-3-22
Use props
Picture Factory
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

This was shot with Ronin M...
2016-3-22
Use props
joshuone
New

United States

Picture Factory Posted at 2016-3-22 17:24
Like I mentioned earlier, the Ronin M with 1.3 or 1.4 firmware will not hold horizon, it will drift. ...

Hi, Customer Service refuses to share the older firmware, very annoying given that a solution exists to the drift problem... I mean, at least let us as consumers decide which of the firmwares works best for us... from the email:
"Dear customer,
Thank you for contacting DJI Support. We recommend operating your DJI Product at the latest firmware. If you are experiencing drift, please check your balance readings and perform a system calibration.
If the issue persists, we are happy to assist you with an RMA.
Best regards,
DJI Support"
And the annoying thing is that they don't really 'recommend' they insist!
Their only solution is to send the gimbal in, not even to try to see if what worked for you all could possibly work for me, like their software is the world's first bug-free set of code...
Anyway, I digress...
Please, please someone share the older Ronin-M firmware and Gimbal software, DJI is okay with that, just so long as they aren't the ones sharing... ugh!
2016-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules