P3A videos Great, So Why upgrade to 4K?
1218 7 2016-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thumb
lvl.4
United States

I've had my P3A since Xmas 2015 and it seems to give me great videos so far and I have yet to use any type of filtering. I did change my settings from 1080/60fps to 1080/30fps after this video was taken which seemed to help out a lot.

So my question is why would I want to upgrade to a Pro with 4K? Now I am not a professional at all and just like nice clear videos so I'm probably missing something that I don't see.
Here's a video using the default settings from my P3A. I know there are a couple spots that showed some striping and dark but that I think was  because of the direct sunlight and the 1080/60fps settings. Also I think when uploading to Youtube they do something to the video which makes it look less desirable and choppy. The original looks much better.

2016-3-15
Use props
thumb
lvl.4
United States

Anyone? Or is there not much of a difference to talk about?
2016-3-16
Use props
toddf.perkins
lvl.3

United States

most people probably do not need 4K at this time. If you have a 4K monitor or if you would like to use some of the common features that might be available in post production, then maybe you should look into 4K
2016-3-16
Use props
thumb
lvl.4
United States

Probably not then since I don't have a 4K monitor and that I am happy with what I see. I guess it's the same thing with me when looking at DVD or Blu-Ray, I can't tell the difference unless the two are together showing the same video. I'm sure 4K is better though and my old eyes are not 4K quality!
2016-3-16
Use props
Adam Flurk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 425466 ft
United States

I'd have to say the quality looks pretty much the same.  Not sure really still playing around with all of the settings myself. I have a P3 Professional. Really need to get out more!
2016-3-16
Use props
thumb
lvl.4
United States

Can't tell much of a difference although yours had better scenery!   Thanks for your video.

I gues it's time to start playing around with settings and filters to see what looks best in different conditions.
2016-3-16
Use props
renatodc89
lvl.1
Flight distance : 67257 ft

The P3P has pretty the same video quality of P4. The advantage however are that the p4 is faster and safer (avoidance system), p4 has the active tracking witch helps a lot is some particular shots and also has a higher flight time. Although if you are concerned only about video quality I wouldn't buy the new p4.
2016-3-16
Use props
thumb
lvl.4
United States

You hit the nail on the head renatodc89, I'm not worried about all the neat stuff the P4 has on it, I've been flying RC for over 35 years and have pretty good faith in staying out of trouble with my P3A. Of course there's always the potential that something goes wrong and in that situation it's all luck then.
2016-3-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules