Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Whats in DJI GO 2.7.1
3488 19 2016-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rich in Boise
lvl.4
Flight distance : 34721 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI just released DJI-Go for IOS 2.7.1 right after releasing 2.7.0

I don't find any notes about whats in 2.7.1.

Any help DJI people?
2016-3-15
Use props
JockC
First Officer
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

I've updated but would also like to know what's in it.  The app release note is the same as 2.7.0.
Perhaps it's to fix some minor bugs with 2.7.0 or maybe it's to remove the third party battery block that upset so many people. Hopefully, a DJI representative can fill us in on the details.
2016-3-15
Use props
Rnfaust
Second Officer
Flight distance : 734938 ft

JockC Posted at 2016-3-16 14:34
I've updated but would also like to know what's in it.  The app release note is the same as 2.7.0.
P ...

There is a Controller/RC update in 2.7.1. The Go app will ask to update the RC when it's connected to connected to it. Click on the message and follow the instructions.
Maybe they forgot to add that to 2.7.0 two days ago ;-)
2016-3-16
Use props
JockC
First Officer
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

Rnfaust Posted at 2016-3-17 10:48
There is a Controller/RC update in 2.7.1. The Go app will ask to update the RC when it's connected ...

Thanks for that. I've done the controller update and it worked fine. One ramification of that RC update is that "pinching" the screen to change the map size on my iPad Mini 4 appears to be less predictable than it used to be, especially when trying to zoom in close. I will take it for a flight this morning to see how it behaves whilst actually operating.

Edit. I've now had a chance to use up my three batteries on test flights following the Drone, RC and App updates.
All appears to be the same apart from the obvious changes to the screen layout on the App (addition of distance to RC as well as distance to home point is a nice feature in the App  - I don't think the distance to RC was there previously, was it?).  Zooming in on a map using the app is difficult and nowhere near as smooth as it was before. It's a nuisance.
I also tested the new left stick-down-right/RTH button combination and it seems to stop the motors faster than the old CSC action (CSC still worked as well as the new combination).

For me, all is well (apart from the "pinch" zooming on the app) after the updates but I really feel for those who have had problems with this firmware update.  I'd have to say that, during  my first test flight today, I was just as nervous, if not more nervous, than the first P3 flight that I ever made. By the end of the third battery, I was able to regain some confidence.

2016-3-16
Use props
fredlef

United States

JockC Posted at 2016-3-16 19:58
Thanks for that. I've done the controller update and it worked fine. One ramification of that RC u ...

Hi - I just completed the firmware upgrade - no issue.  I have 2.7.1 on my iphone and it did not prompt me to upgrade the controller which is at 1.5.7.  I also tried putting the bin file on a USB card and plugging it into the controller with no result.  However I am linking fine and able to arm the motors.  Is there a way to force the upgrade of the controller?'

Thanks,
Fred
2016-3-16
Use props
mcphipps900
lvl.4

Controller update?
Didn't ask me.
Maybe not for the Standard?
2016-3-16
Use props
hummingbird.uav
Captain
Flight distance : 8330174 ft
  • >>>
Canada

When F mode is selected there is a new icon on the left side which when touched opens a bar on the lower screen with icons of all the F modes.
2016-3-16
Use props
Rnfaust
Second Officer

fredlef Posted at 2016-3-17 08:14
Hi - I just completed the firmware upgrade - no issue.  I have 2.7.1 on my iphone and it did not p ...

Maybe the controller update doesn't apply to the P3S. It is a different controller completely. If it needs to be updated the update will be downloaded via the internet from the Go app. The controller must be turned on and connected to your IOS device.
Is yours a Standard?
2016-3-16
Use props
fredlef

United States

Rnfaust Posted at 2016-3-17 11:06
Maybe the controller update doesn't apply to the P3S. It is a different controller completely. If  ...

No it's a P3A.

Thx
2016-3-16
Use props
Rnfaust
Second Officer

The controller for the Advance should update to 1.5.8 through wifi from the Go app IOS device.
Try clicking on the top center aircraft status icon to bring up the window that shows basic info. Thats where it pops up and then you click on it. (Maybe) the P3 has to be connected as well.
You can confirm versions after from the settings icon/button on the top right - scroll to the bottom and select "about"
2016-3-17
Use props
fredlef

United States

Rnfaust Posted at 2016-3-17 10:11
The controller for the Advance should update to 1.5.8 through wifi from the Go app IOS device.
Try ...

Thanks - someone else on RCGroups told me that 1.5.8 is just for P4 so maybe that's why it didn't upgrade.
2016-3-17
Use props
Rnfaust
Second Officer

fredlef Posted at 2016-3-18 00:01
Thanks - someone else on RCGroups told me that 1.5.8 is just for P4 so maybe that's why it didn't  ...

Mine is a P3A and it updated to 1.5.8. Seems to work ok.
2016-3-17
Use props
fredlef

United States

Rnfaust Posted at 2016-3-17 17:21
Mine is a P3A and it updated to 1.5.8. Seems to work ok.

Interesting
2016-3-18
Use props
Rnfaust
Second Officer

I don't know if anyone noticed, but in the GO app on IOS, the Home Point icon disappeared from the left side of the main screen. Now there is just the Take off/Landing icon and the RTH icon.

So what you say? Well if you are like me, and few are I'm sure, you might need to reset your Home Point after take off. I do because I often take off from under a covered deck. Sounds crazy, but I have a good reason. I don't want  RTH to land my P3 on the roof.

The missing Home Point icon is the Go app button that resets your Home Point.
I just investigated and they have moved it to the settings menu (upper right). Then select the MC settings menu (top tab) and there it now resides. I'm ok with that. Only 2 menus in.

I guess they moved to avoid confusion between it and the RTH button above it. I can easily imagine some poor panicked guy trying to RTH in an emergency and accidentally resetting his home point to the P3's current location because the buttons looked similar and were located together. No problem now.

Related - that's probably why they are rethinking the CSC procedure to stop the motors.
2016-3-20
Use props
edbighi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 47455053 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Does anyone know where they put the reset MC on the latest updates to DJI go?
2016-3-23
Use props
Karthik Raju
lvl.1

India

n see the live video feed on version 2.6 of dji but in versions 2.7.0 and 2.7.1 no video is s
2016-3-23
Use props
Karthik Raju
lvl.1

India

Karthik Raju Posted at 2016-3-23 23:48
n see the live video feed on version 2.6 of dji but in versions 2.7.0 and 2.7.1 no video is s

No video is seen. Where as if again install 2.6.1 I'm able to see the video. I've been asking it a lot of times regarding this no video issue. But still no solution.
2016-3-23
Use props
karlsbar
lvl.1

Germany

http://forum.dji.com/thread-46528-1-2.html

Look here Note 4 with the 2.7.1 App and HDMI output module.
2016-3-23
Use props
djiuser_qLzgKqPEXPr6
lvl.1

Guatemala

the dji go 3.1.60 application won't let me see anything on my cell phone.  what I do
2020-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules