Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
GPS not working
30412 23 2016-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Robertjfranklin
lvl.1

Can't seem to get my GPS to pick up any signal. Am I missing some kind of set up to get them to turn on?
2016-3-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

What aircraft do you have and when did it start.
Is this the first time you've ever flown it, or did it just happen, have you had a crash?
Please give as much detail as you can.
2016-3-15
Use props
Robertjfranklin
lvl.1

Hi Ken. Opened my Phantom 4 today. Updated everything. (This is my first drone so going exactly by the book). Im inside in downtown Chicago but by a huge window and I feel like I should get 1-2 satellites at minimum. Never flown it. Just setting up.
2016-3-15
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

United States

Robertjfranklin Posted at 2016-3-15 23:14
Hi Ken. Opened my Phantom 4 today. Updated everything. (This is my first drone so going exactly by t ...

Please try to test the GPS signal outside in open area, the indoor GPS signal is weak, we often get no GPS signal indoors.
2016-3-16
Use props
nickmedici
lvl.4
Flight distance : 88287 ft
United States

Yeah you won't get any signal unless it's outside
2016-3-16
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-3-16
Use props
fluidImages
lvl.1

United States

nickmedici@bell Posted at 2016-3-16 21:22
Yeah you won't get any signal unless it's outside

I had a similar experience outdoors - (you can see my post) - but mine was the GPS was not connected and DJI indicated that I need a replacement.  I hope to return it to apple and get one today, I will be very sad if I have to send it away.
2016-3-16
Use props
Robertjfranklin
lvl.1

United States

I am going to go home and hop on to my rooftop and test it out at lunch. Just hard to believe it wont even have intermittent GPS signal. I moved it around the window pointing it to the sky fully and nothing.
I will know for sure in a couple hours.
2016-3-16
Use props
fluidImages
lvl.1

United States

Robertjfranklin Posted at 2016-3-16 23:19
I am going to go home and hop on to my rooftop and test it out at lunch. Just hard to believe it won ...

I replaced mine and all is working as expected, mine was definitely a bad aircraft.

Sean
2016-3-16
Use props
Robertjfranklin
lvl.1

United States

So just completed a test outside. GPS working normally. Indoors is extremely tough to get a signal.
2016-3-16
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

fluidImages Posted at 2016-3-16 21:26
I had a similar experience outdoors - (you can see my post) - but mine was the GPS was not connect ...

You mean you get a 'GPS NOT CONNECTED' problem? Please try to restart the app, if the error persist, then please contact DJI or APPPLE and ask for a replacement.
2016-3-16
Use props
aroszko27
New
United States

fluidImages Posted at 2016-3-16 21:26
I had a similar experience outdoors - (you can see my post) - but mine was the GPS was not connect ...

How did you contact DJI and how did they determine you needed a replacement? I'm having the same issues and being a weekend/Easter, I'm unable to contact anyone at all. Even Apple is closed. Did Apple need confirmation from DJI to exchange or would I be able to just walk into Apple and tell them of my issues? Thanks!
2016-3-27
Use props
aroszko27
New
United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-3-17 11:13
You mean you get a 'GPS NOT CONNECTED' problem? Please try to restart the app, if the error persis ...

New owner, unable to fly it after a couple days of trying. I got this same error at four separate locations, each about 20mi apart and all in wide open areas outside of town. I have restarted everything several times, even tried reverting back to old firmware and upgrading again. Still, nothing seems to work and the error persists. Can I take it into Apple to exchange it or do I need some sort of diagnosis from DJI saying that I need to do so?

Thanks,
Alex
2016-3-27
Use props
ChrisElly
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-3-17 04:13
You mean you get a 'GPS NOT CONNECTED' problem? Please try to restart the app, if the error persis ...

Hi Amy

I am in the uk and i have had to change 4 phantom 4 at my Apple Shop in the last 7 days and yesterday I exchanged it twice with this problem first problem could not connect to GPS I tried every configuration indoors and outdoors  Second problem the fairware  would not update on the DJI App it took me five minutes having kept on coming up with download  Paused eventually it downloaded but at the moment I am now losing confidence in the product and I'm not feeling confident flying.

Kind Regards

Chris ( UK )
2016-3-27
Use props
OAK
New
Flight distance : 1027 ft
Pakistan

Just unboxed a phantom 4 pro. Set it up outside. Updated all firmware. Not getting any gos indication even though it shows my location accurately on the map.
2017-7-6
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

OAK Posted at 2017-7-6 06:58
Just unboxed a phantom 4 pro. Set it up outside. Updated all firmware. Not getting any gos indication even though it shows my location accurately on the map.

Are you in a location with a clear view of the sky? (not surrounded by tall buildingd, trees etc?)

Go to the Sensors info page in the app and see what it's teling you there.
2017-7-6
Use props
Kennypinn54
New
Flight distance : 36112 ft
Philippines

I made the mistake of uninstalling my original dji app and reinstalling the latest version dji go and it does not connect! I hope dji addresses this issue asap
2017-8-8
Use props
Kennypinn54
New
Philippines

I made the mistake of uninstalling my original dji app and reinstalling the latest version dji go and it does not connect! I hope dji addresses this issue asap
2017-8-8
Use props
Kennypinn54
New
Philippines

New dji go app worthiness! I uninstalled my original dji app and was having some video issues, so I thought the New app would help resolve the issue but made it worse. Now can't flunk signal
2017-8-8
Use props
fans5d0461da
lvl.1

Australia

Hi, I have a Phantom 3 Pro I purchased on eBay. I have a problem with it will only climb to 30 meters and that’s it. Also it keeps switching to atti mode on its own plus and this is a big one. It won’t come home when I push return to home. It is not on beginners mode and it’s set straight up for gps mode position. As for RTH it is far past the distance where that won’t happen if you activate this function. I have read the manual and I just got to ask on here if anyone knows what this could be. I have calibrated IMU also. It had the latest upgrade and I have reugraded to try to fix this problem. It’s not the control as I have another control and it does the same thing with it also. I do have another pro 3 that I crashed in salt water and I may be able to use as parts. I could really use some input on this. Thanks Rick
2019-1-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fans5d0461da Posted at 1-4 19:34
Hi, I have a Phantom 3 Pro I purchased on eBay. I have a problem with it will only climb to 30 meters and that’s it. Also it keeps switching to atti mode on its own plus and this is a big one. It won’t come home when I push return to home. It is not on beginners mode and it’s set straight up for gps mode position. As for RTH it is far past the distance where that won’t happen if you activate this function. I have read the manual and I just got to ask on here if anyone knows what this could be. I have calibrated IMU also. It had the latest upgrade and I have reugraded to try to fix this problem. It’s not the control as I have another control and it does the same thing with it also. I do have another pro 3 that I crashed in salt water and I may be able to use as parts. I could really use some input on this. Thanks Rick

If it keeps switching to ATTI mode, then RTH will not work. You need to identify why it is switching to ATTI mode, and it is usually because of a compass error. Take notice of any warnings on your screen, they will be telling you that something is not right. Where are you switching on and launching from, what kind of surface? You might try posting a flight log so we can see what is happening, go here and follow the instructions: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2019-1-4
Use props
phantomNOGO
lvl.1
United States

SAME PROBLEM PHANTOM 4 PRO V 2.0 - GPS disconnected, restart aircraft have tried 10 different places and cant fly. Returning this pile of garbage because I paid $1600 for a toy that does nothing but say "GPS disconnected." CANNOT FLY - CANNOT RECOMMEND THIS TOY FOR PROFESSIONAL OR EVEN SEMIPRO PHOTOS OR VIDEOS AS UNRELIABLE AND DOESNT WORK AS ADVERTISED
2019-5-5
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

phantomNOGO Posted at 5-5 18:00
SAME PROBLEM PHANTOM 4 PRO V 2.0 - GPS disconnected, restart aircraft have tried 10 different places and cant fly. Returning this pile of garbage because I paid $1600 for a toy that does nothing but say "GPS disconnected." CANNOT FLY - CANNOT RECOMMEND THIS TOY FOR PROFESSIONAL OR EVEN SEMIPRO PHOTOS OR VIDEOS AS UNRELIABLE AND DOESNT WORK AS ADVERTISED

Calm down, the message 'GPS disconnected' in itself means that there is a problem. Take it back to where you bought it and exchange it, or start a repair ticket if it is covered by warranty still.
2019-5-5
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

phantomNOGO Posted at 5-5 18:00

Straight back to retailer for a replacement, and ask them to demonstrate replacement working in case it was part of a faulty batch.

Did you calibrate the compass by any chance ?
2019-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules