First Impression of Phantom 4
798 2 2016-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DoctorRennie
lvl.3

United States

I wanted to love this thing and I'm not dissapointed.  

1)  It handles beautifully - much better hover and less lag especially at distance than the Phantom 3 Pro.  

2)  It's fast in Sport mode and a little slower in P mode than the P3 Pro is.

*  3)  The gimbal seems to be erratic in sport mode. I don't know if it was the wind, but it kept having trouble keeping itself balanced and seemed to flip down multiple times.  I didn't notice this problem in P mode.  

4)  I usually hand catch the P3 Pro and you can't hand catch the P4 coming towards you because it sees you as a potential obstacle.  Coming in backwards works fine.  

5)  The startup sound (once you upgrade the firmware) is softer than the P3 Pro which is nice

6)  The thing is much more nimble in sport mode than the P3 Pro.  It handles great.  

7)  It won't fit into the P3 Hard shelled backpack which sucks

8)  My first impression of the camera is that it's fairly similar to the P3 Pro - I don't really notice any difference

9)  The newly updated app is more snappy, especially on the iPhone 6S Plus - haven't tried the iPad Mini yet

10)  I wish batteries were more available - I only have one and I have a feeling that DJI might take awhile getting them out to us - but hopefully I'm wrong.  

11)  Active tracking is nice - it was easily confused though when my wife ran too quickly or went underneath it.  I think this will be improved in the future.  I really like this function!

#3 is the most concerning to me today.  Hopefully it was just on one flight and it corrects itself on the next flight.  

Scott

2016-3-15
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

For sport mode, it's common that the gimbal get limp or become unstable, since this sport mode is not for shooting, it's for speed.
2016-3-16
Use props
DoctorRennie
lvl.3

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-3-16 17:10
For sport mode, it's common that the gimbal get limp or become unstable, since this sport mode is no ...

Thanks for the reply Amy.

Scott
2016-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules