Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 4 FW Upgrade Guide
56157 94 2016-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
proimages
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1004731 ft
United States

iamdorian Posted at 2016-3-17 13:41
Nice well laid out instructions. However, my download stopped at 0%. One time it appeared to have been downloaded and asked to hook up the Aircraft, then nothing happened on aircraft start up.

This is possibly the most convoluted way to update a quad ever invented and is going to cost DJI dearly! Still can't get mine to work despite 2 hours of work ... and that does not include searching out and finding and working with the info on THIS PAGE. I have 32 years of technical Mac experience, and have flown drones starting back with MicroKopters in 2009. IF I AM THIS MIFFED, how does DJI expect others — inexperienced with the hassles of updating these integrated RC/Aircraft/SmartPhone-Tablet Firmware/Software systems — to handle this and buy their gear? This is a really bad move!

same here on windows, assistant sits show a messages about inspire not a clue anywhere how to proceed. tablets can't get past 20% and craft is tossing sensor errors. was just returned and has three flights since. Also why can't I change the craft name attached to records? hours without results.
and if it crashes i'll some how be at fault.. please DJI where is a simple download from your site??
not able to get one via app..grrrr
2017-3-26
Use props
fans071047f9
lvl.1
France

Hi guys,

Trying to do the update but I'm afraid I lost the little adapter to link the drone to the device cord, is there anywhere I could purchase a new one from ?

Thank you !
2017-4-5
Use props
Dovivan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7349334 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

fans071047f9 Posted at 2017-4-5 00:49
Hi guys,

Trying to do the update but I'm afraid I lost the little adapter to link the drone to the device cord, is there anywhere I could purchase a new one from ?

you can update phantom with PC. Dont need adapter. Just conect  aircraft to pc with same kabel RC to tablet and use assistant 2 software
2017-4-5
Use props
fans071047f9
lvl.1
France

Me again, I tried to do the firmware from my computer, so I downloaded the  assistant app, linked my drone with a USB - micro usb cable, but I get a " firmware update failed " after few minutes..."

Any idea ?
2017-4-5
Use props
fans0cb6b118
New
Flight distance : 3051 ft
United States

Ulysse Posted at 2016-3-16 00:48
1.1 Turn ON the RC (with the BIN method on the SD card, the RC had to be turned OFF so many people do the same)
1.2 Turn ON the quad

Stress, you said it! I'm still waiting...
2017-6-11
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

Am I missing something here?  I have a Phantom 4.  You say:  Download DJI GO 2.7 ( or upgrade to it)
I run the drone on DJI GO 4 using a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2  8".
After a bit of grief with earlier updates, I've finally got it all working fine - with WiFi in flight mode ie,OFF
from 4 to 2.7 looks like a DOWNgrade to me ???
2017-6-12
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 2017-6-12 03:04
Am I missing something here?  I have a Phantom 4.  You say:  Download DJI GO 2.7 ( or upgrade to it)
After a bit of grief with earlier updates, I've finally got it all working fine - with WiFi in flight mode ie,OFF

The bit that you've missed is that the first post was made on 15th March 2016, at that time DJI Go 2.7 would have been the most current version of the App'. DJI Go 4 only appeared and became relevant to the P4 series with the introduction of the P4 Pro, Mavic & Inspire 2.
2017-6-12
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419669 ft
United Kingdom

Ahhh firmware upgrades... I remember them.
2017-6-12
Use props
Commodon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 347677 ft
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 2017-6-12 03:04

DJI really ought to go back and edit/update this post.

These instructions were posted back in 2016, when the DJI GO application was at 2.7 Such is no longer used with the Phantom 4. Instead, the DJI GO 4 application is what is used now.

2017-6-12
Use props
fans3c56aeb3
New
Flight distance : 87064 ft
United States

hi thanks for all that, very helpfull the only thing is now everytime i turn my phantom 4 pro on the gimbal emits a weird noise like it is stuck and wen i touch the gimbal it is supper hot. any ideas on that?
2017-9-7
Use props
Pesa
New
Norway

i try to update my phantom 4 i buy it yesterday, when i come to 99% it stop been like this now for over 1 hour, its when it come to remote controll it stop at 99% i use samsung s8+ any idea what is wrong. Or other had this problem but when i try to go back it say wait upgrade going on, but serious im sure it been over 1 hour now
2017-10-1
Use props
Vendex
First Officer
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

A friend of mine do power off 20 minutes after stuck at 99 percent and when he powered it back on the update was successful.
2017-10-1
Use props
george_007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 183045 ft
Sweden

What is DJI GO 2.7?
2017-10-1
Use props
george_007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 183045 ft
Sweden

Ahh, old post. Sorry
2017-10-4
Use props
Drone.bytp.rci
New
Flight distance : 42054 ft

United Kingdom

I have a Phantom 4
I have updated with DJI Go app for the newest version of firmare. I am not sure that this update was completely done, because when I go to “about” in DJI GO, it shows:
App _ 4.3.25,
Aircraft _“check for update”
RC _ 1.9.3
PFSD (App) _ 01.00.01.16
BFSD _ 01.00.01.09.
When I try to check Aircraft Version, it takes too much time more than one hour but nothing.

Now there is no video image in dji go (it says : NO IMAGE TRANSMISSION)
i tried to upgrade by DJI Assistant 2, it starts downloading until 99% and failed?
when i turn the plane off the battery stars to blink red for 10 sec and only turning aff after it
This was not lake this before the update.
My RC, my cables are all good. I tested them with an other similar drone P4.
My P4 can take off, go to mission do it and land, but I can not see images on the android screen. I tried with an Iphone but the screen stay always black.
please help
2019-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules