Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 4 FW Upgrade Guide
123Next >
56153 94 2016-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
3hreeohone
New

United States

I need help First from I'm new to this I have a MacBook Pro and the firmware won't open for some reason
2016-3-17
Use props
remsan.gmail
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1145869 ft
Sweden

Thanks for the post!!!
2016-3-17
Use props
amatthews
Second Officer
Flight distance : 675364 ft
Germany

Ulysse Posted at 2016-3-17 10:21
In the menu where you set failafe and other options, there is a "Sensor" sub-menu. Then a "Calibrate ...

Thank you :-)
2016-3-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

coreysromero Posted at 2016-3-18 13:31
Overall status normal, about screen shows its been updated to 1.5.80!

Sweet now I can fly tomorrow. ...

That's good, I don't know what the hiccup was but glad you are up to 1.5.8.
Happy flying
2016-3-18
Use props
geierdmtr
lvl.1

French Polynesia

I m not able to start at all.. Big fat mc data error in the middle of the screen. Logging error, system errors when u I open it... Dij support wasn't helpful said return back to store. Not possible when I am in Tahiti for a month and wanted to use it here. Aircraft 01.00.0288 and the RC on 1.5.8
2016-3-18
Use props
remsan.gmail
Second Officer
Sweden

geierdmtr@gmail Posted at 2016-3-18 17:07
I m not able to start at all.. Big fat mc data error in the middle of the screen. Logging error, sys ...

I tried to update from the app but it jumped from 1% to complete. Then it says that it need upgrade.
Now I tried from the Assistant (PC) and it stuck at 91% for the last 10 minutes.
Is this OK? Should I wait more? Or restart everything?
2016-3-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

remsan.gmail Posted at 2016-3-19 01:12
I tried to update from the app but it jumped from 1% to complete. Then it says that it need upgrad ...

Power cycle the aircraft and look in the app and if it says RC in on 1.5.8 and aircraft says 01.00.0288 then you are fine and good to go.
2016-3-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

geierdmtr@gmail Posted at 2016-3-19 00:07
I m not able to start at all.. Big fat mc data error in the middle of the screen. Logging error, sys ...

Replied in the other thread.
2016-3-18
Use props
RemusE
Second Officer
Sweden

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-18 20:27
Poe cycle the aircraft and look in the app and if it says RC in on 1.5.8 and aircraft says 01.00.0 ...

I restarted the aircraft ant the app displayed right firmware, thanks.
2016-3-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

RemusE Posted at 2016-3-19 05:11
I restarted the aircraft ant the app displayed right firmware, thanks.

Sounds good, have fun.And be careful in Sport mode
2016-3-18
Use props
toys
New

United States

update fails with assistant on OS X. tried with the  dji go app on iPad mini and it just keeps resetting to the home screen when hit the upgrade button. Both programs see the P4 and successfully download the firmware update. Rebooted aircraft, the app and the controller and still getting firmware update warning. any ideas?
2016-3-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

toys@vaap.us Posted at 2016-3-19 09:00
update fails with assistant on OS X. tried with the  dji go app on iPad mini and it just keeps reset ...

Go to the about page and post the RC and aircraft update.
In general settings, scroll down to about. If your RC is on 1.5.8 and the aircraft on 01.00.0288 then you are updated and ready to go.
If you are not on the latest update, try to delete and reinstall the app.
2016-3-18
Use props
Jbundy63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9583182 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you for posting this Tim!
2016-3-18
Use props
neilgreene0102.
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-17 21:05
With the popularity of the P4 and the number of them being shipped, there was a delay in shipping  ...

I don't think I can be any more confused.

Documentation from DJI shows to update firmware by going through the DJI Go app.  This seemed to work to update the RC controller and it looked like it was upgrading the Phantom.  But, now my DJI Go apps says to update the firmware of the Phantom, to go to the HOME PAGE of DJI GO.

If I run DJI Assistant 2.0 (for MAC OS X) it shows the firmware upgrade for the Phantom, downloads it to 100% and then says FAILED TO UPGRADE.

I don't think DJI has clearly figured out what path to manage the firmware upgrades is working.  
Where should I go to next?
2016-3-18
Use props
neilgreene0102.
lvl.1

United States

coreysromero Posted at 2016-3-17 21:50
IF I can download the firmware from my phone why do I need to have DJI GO?

Im having a couple of i ...

This is the same crap that happened to me.   Now, I am stuck with the DJI Go app saying that my Phantom needs a firmware upgrade.  Go to the home page of DJI GO App.  Okay, that is a useless message.  I end up on a landing page for all kinds fun and dandy for the Go app.

The Assistant 2.0 is not working for me.  It keeps saying upgrade failed.
2016-3-18
Use props
fortunatomontan

Italy

Hello guys. I have a problem with the phantom 4 .Last I flew all ok .but this morning just lit with Android recognizes it as phantom 3 professional while ios lo.conosce as phantom 4 but no video signal .what drone can be updated with updated radio
2016-3-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

neilgreene0102. Posted at 2016-3-19 15:19
I don't think I can be any more confused.

Documentation from DJI shows to update firmware by goin ...

When you go to the home page does it not start the firmware update download to yor device?The aircraft update process should be like the photos below.
1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png
5.png
6.png
7.png
8.png
2016-3-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

fortunatomontan Posted at 2016-3-19 19:58
Hello guys. I have a problem with the phantom 4 .Last I flew all ok .but this morning just lit with  ...

Can you post some screen shots.
Also, when you power on the aircraft and the RC you are connected to the aircraft right? You can move the yaw stick and see the camera swivel a little and the tilt wheel makes the camera go down?
You can try to delete and reinstall the app.
2016-3-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

neilgreene0102. Posted at 2016-3-19 15:22
This is the same crap that happened to me.   Now, I am stuck with the DJI Go app saying that my Ph ...

Clock the red bar that says update now.
2016-3-19
Use props
fortunatomontan

Italy

error 0x800020
2016-3-19
Use props
fortunatomontan

Italy

cioa and thanks. I drone does not work it is virtually upgraded to the latest version of the RC but also with Android appears the phantom 3 pro. It is armed but no video appears no signal I do not know what to do. the drone and arrived yesterday after rc update no longer works
2016-3-19
Use props
fortunatomontan

Italy

cioa and thanks. I drone does not work it is virtually upgraded to the latest version of the RC but also with Android appears the phantom 3 pro. It is armed but no video appears no signal I do not know what to do. the drone and arrived yesterday after rc update no longer works
2016-3-19
Use props
fortunatomontan

Italy

cioa and thanks for the help. I found that virtually or updated with the rc drone off and put me the firmware of the ph3 rc. how do I put the right firmware on rc
2016-3-19
Use props
fortunatomontan

Italy

cioa dji .scusa for persistence but are strongly regretted. and can return to the previous version of the firmware rc? my phantom strong problems after updating the video .sensa rc nothing seems that the radio does not connect I tried to reset it with the 4 keys now when I plug in the phone only do the beep and not part dji go thanks for your help
2016-3-20
Use props
neilgreene0102.
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-19 08:48
When you go to the home page does it not start the firmware update download to yor device?The airc ...

I reconnected with a new fresh battery.  I get the message of a firmware upgrade.  I get everything until image 5.png where it asks to connect my smartphone (iPhone) to the aircraft where it waits to confirm connectivity.   I connect to the Phantom with the special adapter but it never recognizes as connected.

BUT- what happened with the documentation that says to upgrade the Phantom with DJ Assistant which I connect, sees the Phantom, tries to upgrade but errors with UPGRADE FAILED.

So, do you upgrade the firmware through the App or DJ Assistant?  Neither are working for me.
2016-3-21
Use props
neilgreene0102.
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-19 08:52
Clock the red bar that says update now.

I click the red bar, it says it is updating.  It went through the updates and downloads the files then asks me to connect my Drone, which at this step the app never recognizes the Phantom connected w/ the special adapter cable.  So, I never get the screen that says APPLY FIRMWARE or UPGRADE or anything.

Then, I am confused because other documentation says to run the DJI Assistant app.  Which, I would run this on my Mac and it would download the firmware, and then prompt that the UPGRADE FAILED.

Tonight, I setup a Windows 10 VM on my Mac, downloaded DJI Assistant for Windows and run the firmware upgrade, and it worked fine.  The DJI Go app updated my RC firmware and something else.  Just, would not update the Phantom.  But, I am still confused whey all of the above pictures about DJI Go upgrading when the other documentation is saying to run DJI Assistant.  
2016-3-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

neilgreene0102. Posted at 2016-3-21 16:48
I reconnected with a new fresh battery.  I get the message of a firmware upgrade.  I get everythin ...

You have the aircraft powered up correct?
And you can update either on the computer with the Assistant2 or through the app on your device.
Power everything up and in the General Settings, scroll down to About and if it says RC 1.5.8 and Aircraft 01.00.0288 then you are fully updated and good to go.
2016-3-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

neilgreene0102. Posted at 2016-3-21 17:23
I click the red bar, it says it is updating.  It went through the updates and downloads the files  ...

There is also a Mac version so no need to setup Windows on your Mac.
And again, you can update from either the computer or app.
2016-3-21
Use props
neilgreene0102.
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-21 08:48
There is also a Mac version so no need to setup Windows on your Mac.
And again, you can update fro ...

Running the DJI Assistant to upgrade the Phantom would download the patch, and then on the upgrade screen would show UPGRADE FAILED, very time right when starting.  This is with the driver installed.
2016-3-21
Use props
neilgreene0102.
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-21 08:46
You have the aircraft powered up correct?
And you can update either on the computer with the Assis ...

Aircraft is powered up.  When upgrading through DJI GO, it doweled download patch and then get to the stage to connect phone/smarttablet to the Phantom - I would connect it and it wold never recognize the phantom.  The app would never see it plugged in and move to the UPGRADE button.

Upgrading with DJI Assistant on my Mac.....would fail on upgrade.

Upgrading with DJI Assistant via Windows.....worked without any issue.
2016-3-21
Use props
luke.lifehouse
New

Japan

HI Guys,

My upgrade on the PH4 drone been stuck on 99% now for an hour. My phone battery will run out at some point. Can someone help?
2016-5-12
Use props
wolfgang
New

Portugal

neilgreene0102. Posted at 2016-3-22 03:51
Aircraft is powered up.  When upgrading through DJI GO, it doweled download patch and then get to  ...

Same for me. I was stuck on "Signal lost" message on DJO Go app on my Android phone. Phone/RC had updated to 1.6, but apparently copter did not go to 1.1.

I tried updating the firmware via the Assistant SW on the copter on 2 different Macs (an IMac and a Macbook Pro) and it always detected the P4, usually was unable (9 times out 10) to retrieve the firmware version (to get to the screen where you are offered the upgrade) and completely unable to to upgrade (download firmware got to 100%, but then upgrade errored out at 11%). Tried about 30 times with reboots, etc.

Similar on a Windows 10 machine, but less tries.

Worked fine on an older Windows 7 machine, I am now upgraded.  
2016-5-12
Use props
BadgerDog
lvl.1
Canada

wolfgang@kandek Posted at 2016-5-13 15:31
Same for me. I was stuck on "Signal lost" message on DJO Go app on my Android phone. Phone/RC had  ...

Ok, Let me repeat what I said in a different thread about updating on Mac computers with DJI Assistant 2 ...

"The MAC version of DJI Assistant 2 is pure junk..."...

I didn't realize it when I received the Phantom 4, but this product is from a Chinese company.  It's not hard to tell after going through the machinations one needs to do in order to perform what should be simple software updates.  The level of technical writing, error messages, friendly version number identifications and user update process activity feedback as to what is going on during the process is abysmal, plus apparently they can't hire anyone who knows how to program for the Apple OSX operating system.

Having said that and if you're an Apple MAC OSX user, here's what you need to do.

1.  DO NOT use the Assistant 2 for the MAC, at least until they can hire a MAC programmer who understands how ZIP files work under OSX.  If you try that, you'll not only get constant upgrade failures, but you'll also "pooch" your bird (or something in it's firmware memory), so that you'll not even be able to use the iOS DJI Go app to perform any firmware updates, until at least you can get the copter's firmware update to take using Assistant 2.

2.  Find a Windows based PC, download Assistant 2 for it and plug you bird into the USB port of that computer.  In my case, I have Windows 7 running under BootCamp on my Intel based MacBook Pro, so I booted my Mac up under Windows 7 and downloaded Assistant 2 for Windows.

3.  Run the UPDATE and if it fails (freezes) anywhere during the update (mine did at 57%) claiming it lost connection, even with the bird sitting a foot away from the computer, simply close Assistant 2 and restart it.  You will get an option to "refresh" the current firmware and start over.

4.  Once you've updated the copter, start up the RC Contoller and copter together, along with your tablet/phone (I'm using an iPad Air 2) and run the current version of DJI Go, which is 2.8.0.

Now because you have managed to get the firmware update to take by using a Windows PC, this time when you start DJI GO, the copter talks to the RC Controller and the DJI Go app properly, informing you that you now need to upgrade your RC controller.  That's a process that simply runs from your IOS DJI Go app and once that completes, power off everything and power it back on.

You should now be current and updated on all of the software (firmware) elements you'll need.

To be honest, DJI aught to be ashamed of themselves for selling at such premium prices, then providing a 3rd world level of product support, programming and technical writing that appears to be out of the 1990's.

Just my opinion, but at almost 70 and being a grumpy old 8086 Assembler, Fortran, Basic, C++ and Cobol programmer, it's pretty apparent to me this company has put most of it's resources into flashy marketing, mimicking shiny Apple smooth plastic looking products, then hired a bunch of "kids with ties" to provide technical substance behind it.

Apple should pull their line out of their stores until they can at least support Apple OSX properly.
2016-5-13
Use props
MD_Icarus
Second Officer
United States

I think I am going to follow the DJI assistant path, as shown above.  

I just want to ask what to do to upgrade the second battery? Some posts state place th eother battery and upgrade again.  But it wont upgrade, since the P4 will be at the current version.  Do I have to store some file in the sd card?

2016-7-7
Use props
Heebus
Second Officer

Canada

When I upgraded mine, I power down, restart n says ugrade successfull, then power down again switch new battery in and it started upgrade again, and same steps for my 3rd battery, hope this helps
2016-7-7
Use props
MD_Icarus
Second Officer
United States

Heebus Posted at 2016-7-7 22:34
When I upgraded mine, I power down, restart n says ugrade successfull, then power down again switch  ...

Did you use the DJI assistant?
If yes, then
Did you Power Down the P4 only, and left the DJI assistant running; then you replaced batteries, turned it back on, and what did you do then?  Did you initiate anything with the DJI assistant, or it just updated the battery from some internal P4 cache?  I am confused as to where is it finding the battery upgrade software?
2016-7-7
Use props
Heebus
Second Officer

Canada

NO I didnt use the Assistant to do my batteries, I had a firmware update for controller, and the battery update was with it, when I was done updating the rc controller it asked me if I wanted to update battery, I said yes, it updated, I turned everything off then on, said update was successfull, powered down, replaced the battery turned it on again and got the battery update option again. I only used the dji assistant to calibrate my sensors, I believe the update was in my phone ( thats what I hook my rc to to see/use my camera) but not 100% it may have went to sd card, I just kno it did them all 1 by 1
2016-7-8
Use props
MD_Icarus
Second Officer
United States

Heebus Posted at 2016-7-8 05:57
NO I didnt use the Assistant to do my batteries, I had a firmware update for controller, and the bat ...

I prefer to do the firmware upgrade using my pc and my lan connection, which has 250 MHZ internet speed.  My phone on the other hand gets intermittent coverage in my home area.  The DJI tutorials show using the phone, but many posts and youtube videos say to use the assistant.

Maybe DJI can provide us with an official step by step instruction tutorial using the DJI assistant.  I may start a new thread asking for such soon.
2016-7-8
Use props
Heebus
Second Officer

Canada

I will give it a read when I see it, as I have no exp doing the upgrades with assistant, when it works I use it, but I used my cell phone, but connected to my home wifi, so it was threw my lan connection
2016-7-8
Use props
DJI - Lee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8415 ft

Indonesia

Thank you very much {:4_142:}
2016-11-25
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now