Swapping p3 advanced camera with p3 pro camera
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rdc44444
lvl.4

United States

i recently purchased some headplay FPV  goggles and the hdmi module for my ps advance. I've been extremely disappointed in the live video feed using the goggles. After some online research it appears the ps pro has a better live feed because of some chip embedded in the ps pro 4K camera. I'm thinking about ordering the p3 pro 4K camera and then swapping it out with the advance camera essentially turning my ps advanced into a p3 pro with the better live feed. Has anyone actually done this and did it result in a clearer / cleaner live video feed? I would also have to load the most recent ps pro firmware into my phantom advance. Would I just put the most recent ps pro firmware on a sd card to update the firmware so the p3 knew it had the 4K camera?  Am I correct in my assumptions and can anyone provide me any additional advice if I'm missing something or I'm off the mark. Thanks.
2016-3-16
Use props
Rnfaust
lvl.4
Flight distance : 734938 ft

Buy a P4 and put your HDMI module on it, then sell or keep your P3A.
Now you have a real excuse to buy a P4 ;-)
2016-3-16
Use props
rdc44444
lvl.4

United States

Thanks for the advice but I have the ps4. I ordered the hdmi module which should arrive Friday and will attach it to the ps4 remote. . I have 3 p3 advance with 5 batteries and wanted to have one of them having a good FPV feed as an option. I regret buying 3 ps advanced and would have purchased two p3 pro instead  if I knew about the difference in FPV quality from the beginning.
2016-3-16
Use props
rdc44444
lvl.4

United States

Do you know if swapping cameras and upgrading firmware to pro address the p3 advance crappy FPV hdmi out video quality.
2016-3-16
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

rdc44444@hotmai Posted at 2016-3-17 10:56
Do you know if swapping cameras and upgrading firmware to pro address the p3 advance crappy FPV hdmi ...

No, because the feed to both the Advanced and Pro is essentially the same, 720p. The only difference between the two is the bit rate, meaning the Pro has a slightly higher bit rate and there it has less compression artefacts. And swapping one camera for the other will not work because there is more to it than that, the Lightbridge system is also different.
2016-3-16
Use props
rdc44444
lvl.4

United States

Has anyone actually tried it to confirm one way or the other? I might just live with the crappy hdmi feed on my p3a since I have the p4. . I'll see how the p4 hdmi feed is tomorrow when I receive the hdmi module to put on the p4 remote
2016-3-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules