Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Life battery
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
grisal79
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1983120 ft
Italy

Hello , I have a problem with two of my batteries ! After a few charges are 92% of life !! Do you think that is a defect ?
Screenshot 1.jpg

Screenshot 2.jpg
2016-3-16
Use props
Bhujang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 534587 ft
United Kingdom

The first battery is more than a few times at 35 charges. But still id of hoped for longer life. It also depends on when fully charged how long are they sat there before use and if stored what charge are they stored at. The auto discharge is a useful feature ( I have mine set for 2 days) as lipo batteries dont last long when left fully charged for a long time. Id wait to see what the DJI team have to say about it.
2016-3-16
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Captain
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

What does it say when you fully charge it?  If charging it fully doesn't bring it back, I would do a calibrate procedure on it to see if it recovers.  Fly it to run the battery down.  Fly until it is a little above critical and land immediately (before it gets to critical).  Shut the motors down and remove the props for safety.  Turn it on again without starting the motors and let it run until it turns itself off.  Then pull the battery and let it cool down.  When it is cool, fully charge it again.  See what the life says at that point.  I wouldn't recommend this procedure be done often, but I've seen it recommended here on the forums.  I did both of mine today.  Run it down to 10% or so normally and then fully charge it.  Mine sat for a month without flying recently.  Both batteries showed shortened life expectancy.  I ran them down a few ten percent and then recharged them.  They have shown 100% life since then.
2016-3-16
Use props
hummingbird.uav
Captain
Flight distance : 8330174 ft
  • >>>
Canada

You can drain the batteries to 5% and then fully charge them and the life number will reset to a higher value.  You have to fly through the 10% alarm, just hover a foot off the ground and watch the battery screen.
2016-3-17
Use props
grisal79
lvl.1
Italy

I know that to go down so low the charge level can be degrading to the batteries!
2016-3-17
Use props
ArcticM39
lvl.3

United States

It is recommended to drop battery to 8% and recharge to full after every 20 cycles.
This, supposedly, will extend battery life.
2016-3-17
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

grisal79 Posted at 2016-3-18 07:13
I know that to go down so low the charge level can be degrading to the batteries!

Not quite true. This is a common myth. It only damages the cells if one or more cells have a significantly lower cell voltage. If they are closely matched, which yours are, it will not do any damage.
2016-3-17
Use props
citivas
lvl.3

United States

hummingbird.uav Posted at 2016-3-17 09:49
You can drain the batteries to 5% and then fully charge them and the life number will reset to a hig ...

Could you just let it spin on the ground with no props on, or drain it using simulator mode?
2016-3-18
Use props
hummingbird.uav
Captain
Flight distance : 8330174 ft
  • >>>
Canada

As the battery has more cycles usually one cell is degraded a bit more than the others.  In my case its the #1 cell.  Maybe it gets a little hotter than the others because the cooling is not as good.  Watch the battery screen when draining the battery.  I quit when the lowest cell voltage hits 3.2.  Cell damage will begin to occur if the voltage goes below 3 volts.
Draining the bat in sym mode will work but the current draw is very low and thus it will take a long time.  A faster and safer way than flying would to to clamp the phantom down via the skids and run the motors at a higher rpm.
2016-3-18
Use props
grisal79
lvl.1
Italy

OK, thanks for your time! I tried to descharge the battery until it is 8% then I fully loaded but without success! I tried this twice! Thanks again...
2016-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules