Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 4 won't connect to controller.
59323 31 2016-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mlpdx
lvl.1

United States

After two brief flights of less than 5 minutes duration, my Phantom 4 simply won't connect to the controller.   Is there a trick to this?   I power both the controller and the aircraft, but the aircraft status in the DJI Go App shows "Disconnected".   I have tried powering them on in different sequences, but to no avail.   I try powering the remote on, wait one minute, power the aircraft on, wait.  Nothing.   I try powering the aircraft on, waiting one minute, powering the remote on.  Nothing.  Both aircraft and remote act normal (aircraft makes normal looking light and tone sequences, Remoite DJI Go App appears nominal).

Here is the brief history of this aircraft so far:

I registered and set it up on Sunday night, but it has been steady rain here so had to wait for dry weather today.  

I upgraded to the latest firmware (just before its first flight) today, and that upgrade went without incident.

I calibrated the compass per on-screen prompts.

I flew it for one minute using auto takeoff and after a brief flightm RTH/auto landing.   All was well.  I was very impressed with the stability.

I flew it for another minute using auto takeoff and flew around manually for about 4 minutes, eventually guiding in to a very precise, gentle landing -- more gentle than the RTH.   I am VERY impressed at how stable and controllable the aircraft is.   All was well, although in this flight I did note that the camera view, which I did not use in flight 1, appeared to be tilted a few degrees.   

I powered everything down amd brought everything inside to find instructions on calibrating the gimbal (which I have not yet found for the Phantom 4).  I decided to power it on and check what the camera view looked like while the aircraft sat on a flat level surface.   Now, however, I cannot connect.

Any hints?

2016-3-16
Use props
danielsantung
New

I have the same problem too
2016-3-16
Use props
mlpdx
lvl.1

United States

Okay, in my case, an upgrade to the Remote Controller firsware appears to have fixed the issue.     I had to upgrade it from 1.5.7 to 1.5.8.    It now connects with no issues (not sure why it connected okay with 1.5.7 previously).
2016-3-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

mlpdx Posted at 2016-3-17 08:31
Okay, in my case, an upgrade to the Remote Controller firsware appears to have fixed the issue.      ...

Good, glad you got it updated.
2016-3-16
Use props
mlpdx
lvl.1

United States

Yes, and I can report a successful 3rd flight after resolving the issue.   Again I am very impressed with the stability -- I handed the controls over to my 15 year old, who cautiously guided the bird around the front yard with no problems with a little guidance from me, including setting it down on the takeoff spot manually and gently.   I will say that the sound is perhaps a bit louder than I expected -- there's no getting around the fact the sound lets you know there is a drone nearby.    We have not tried any fast or high altitude maneuvers -- we are getting our feel for this one small step at a time. but so far so good.

However, my aircraft now consistently reports a Vision System Error.   It does not prevent or seem to affect flight (and I can confirm that the front detection is working as I flew it outside one of our upstairs windows bedroom window and it gave me the colorful readout at the top of the screen that indicated how close we were (5 feet)).  Nicely done.  We took the battery down to about 42% and decided to land -- and be the time we gently landed it a minute later, it was down to 24%.   The first charge cycle seemed to drain very quickly, although much of it was diagnosis, firmware update, and land time.     We'll see how the second charge cycle goes, and hope that the Vision System Error self resolves.
2016-3-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

mlpdx Posted at 2016-3-17 09:04
Yes, and I can report a successful 3rd flight after resolving the issue.   Again I am very impressed ...

I have not seen those errors, have you done an IMU calibration and there's also a DJI assistant and you can calibrate the sensors.
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-4/info#downloads

Also, to condition my batteries I only take them down to 50% for the first 10 cycles.
I have a P3 battery with 50 something charges and it's still at 97% life.
2016-3-16
Use props
user31edcdc017
New

Canada

I have the same problem
2016-6-28
Use props
Jhzqzf7bP09B
lvl.1
Flight distance : 545 ft
Hong Kong

My controller can link to the drone, but it can only control the gimbal. I have also linked my phone to the controller but it only charges it. The front 2 lights of the drone are a solid red and the back are blinking yellow.

I'm not sure how to fix this problem.
Any answers will be appreciated!
2016-10-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Jhzqzf7bP09B Posted at 2016-10-4 19:48
My controller can link to the drone, but it can only control the gimbal. I have also linked my phone ...

To clarify, was this after updating the aircraft firmware? You can do a manual RC relink using the following button combination:

* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button on the controller, then the controller will beep like D-DD.
*Let go all fingers, press the wheel on the right side of the controller and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon.
2016-10-4
Use props
James WONG
lvl.1
Flight distance : 545 ft
Hong Kong

It's fine now! Thank you so much for your support!
2016-10-7
Use props
747Drone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4338766 ft
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-5 05:20
To clarify, was this after updating the aircraft firmware? You can do a manual RC relink using the ...

I've got the same problem pretty much every other flight.

I'll give the manual connect a try tonight.

Thanks.

AD
2016-10-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

747Drone Posted at 2016-10-20 22:45
I've got the same problem pretty much every other flight.

I'll give the manual connect a try toni ...

Please keep me posted.
2016-10-20
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

mlpdx Posted at 2016-3-17 11:01
Okay, in my case, an upgrade to the Remote Controller firsware appears to have fixed the issue.      ...

There is now another upgrade for the RC - to 1.8.0
2016-10-20
Use props
snipes
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5059 ft
United States

I tried the manual link. All the buttons and beeps were as specified. However, I now have a red blinking link status light where before it was green and no response from the DJI GO app. I put another post out regarding this issue - I recently used an Apple device to fly and want to get back to Android. Thanks.
2016-10-21
Use props
davidthecloser
lvl.1
Flight distance : 188402 ft
United States

I have ipad 2 wi fi cant link up to ph 4 any suggestions
2016-10-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

davidthecloser Posted at 2016-10-30 09:10
I have ipad 2 wi fi cant link up to ph 4 any suggestions

When connecting your iPad to remote, and turn on aircraft, you cannot access to the "Camera" page, right? it shows "How to connect"?
May I know what led status on the remote? solid red or green?
Have you tried to change another USB cable or unplug it and plug in, then turn them on in another order?
Beside, it's working fine before? you have this issue after a firmware upgrading or APP upgrading?
2016-10-30
Use props
fansfc21d9b3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 188402 ft
United States

DJI SUPPORT HAS NOT DONE ANYTHING BUT GIVE ME THE RUN AROUND !

Hello!
Thanks for contacting DJI support! This is Carl, how can I help you?
13:50

iBEEN TRYING TO GET HELP FOR MY FLY AWAY P4 AND ALL I GET IS THE RUNAROUND

NO ONE WANT TO HLLPE ME

Sorry to hear about that but don't worry since you got me on the line would do my best to help you out.
13:51

DHwtys Learning centerNov 10, 08:07 CSTHello my name is David Johnson ,after saving my money for the last 5 mts I was able to buy a Phantom 4 Dji drone from best buy ,I was flying the drone on Sunday November 6 around 12 in the afternoon on a clear sunny day here in California for some reason the pic went out on my ipad and the drone went out of the flight pattern and just flew away I immediately pushed the return to home button on the receiver however the drone did not come back I tried for hours looking for the drone but could not find it !I contacted Dji support to see if they could help and they said to look for the flight patterns in the ipad to see where the last location was and search in that area.I went to my account on the DJI app (USING MY EMAIL ADDRESS davidthecloser@gmail.com pass word ''gale2020'') and it did not show any flight patterns or any other data , I tried to explain this to the support team and they seem to give me the run around then told me there is nothing they could do for me !I invested over $1200 to end up with only a receiver and a lost defected Phantom 4 drone and no support to help me retrieve the drone !Attached is the receipt of purchase that was placed on my son's(Authur Wartson) credit card and pics of the flight patterns on my ipad from DJI
APP .

I am requesting a replacement Phantom 4 drone and battery !Thank you for giving this the attention it needs to be resolved .Please send Phantom 4 drone toavid Johnson7951 Etiwanda ave apt #12105Rancho Cucamonga CA 91739

I can be reached at 951 275 2335 USARegards,MR.DAVID JOHNSON
Chief Operations Officer
''oil division''
GLOBAL FINANCIAL
OFFICE 951 275 2335
Conference (209) 647-1000 Access Code: 418280#
or faster contact skype; johnson,david951here are the numbers on the back of the receiverce 1313.....msip crm-djiGLl300cIC11805A-gl3001510FCC ID SS3-GL3001510CCAE15LP27OOT7R 211-151001THE FLIGHT RECORDS ARE NOT SHOWN ON MY IPAD ATTACHED IS THE RECEIPT AND PICS OF IpadAttachment(s)
drone from best buy.pd

i WILL BE RIGHT BACK

Sure. Will Read this concern for you.
13:54

ok im back

hello
13:57

hello

Still here.

I sent this email to all the email addewss with Dji

Did you try to contact us over the phone?
13:59

yes

I see.
14:00

Stay on the line for me david. let me escalate this case for you.

ok thank you for your help

No problem.
Dear customer,
the chat will close soon if we don't receive a response from you.

Dear customer, your chat has ended
since we didn't receive a response from you. Please feel free to
contact us again if you have any further questions or issues. Thank you for
supporting DJI!

If your issues have been solved, please close the chat so
other customers can connect with our agents. Feel free to contact us again if
you have any further questions. Thank you for supporting DJI!

Click Continue
2016-11-11
Use props
Goodwing
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-1-24
Use props
alex.ivanov
New
Flight distance : 96220 ft
United Kingdom

hi
i have a similar issue. says disconnected on the dji go app
using phantom4, dji go app on a samsung galaxy tab2S
i have latest firmware on the drone and battery. imu, gimbal and compass all calibrated.
i try various start up sequences, switching on controller, then drone, then connecting cable and opening the app
switching on drone, then controller
having the app running with cable connected and trying drone first or controller 1st. plugging and unplugging the cable number of times

eventually it works and i don't know what fixes it..... i spent about 15 minutes trying to get it running, which was after landing from the previous flight...
also trying to use the litchi app and says disconnected..
someone suggested upgrading the controller - how do i do that? on the app (when it's working) it says i have latest everything....

2017-3-15
Use props
ADulay
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4338766 ft
United States

I was having similar problems with the P4 and my Android tablet but I've got it to settle down now.

I start the P4, then connect the RC.

Then I turn on the tablet for the first time of the day.

It attempts to start the DJI Go4 app, I select OK, and it fires right up every time.

For subsequent flights, just shutting down the P4, pulling and replacing the battery, then starting the P4 back up keeps it all working fine.  No need to shut down the controller or tablet.

AD
2017-4-1
Use props
taustin
New
United States

Brand new owner, here, and I'm have a pairing problem, too.  Unlike some others, my RC and drone were never paired -- i.e., unpaired out of the box.  I can't get them to pair because, as far as I can tell, the "button" between the usb port and sd card slot is not a button.  It doesn't depress.  It has no give whatsoever.  I've tried everything I can find that will fit in that hole, all with the same results.  As far as I can tell, the only thing in there is an LED.

Do I just have a defective unit?
2017-5-6
Use props
taustin
New
United States

taustin Posted at 2017-5-6 09:42
Do I just have a defective unit?

Sorry about the weird formatting there.  Not sure what happened.
2017-5-6
Use props
taustin
New
United States

taustin Posted at 2017-5-6 09:44
Sorry about the weird formatting there.  Not sure what happened.

Anybody from DJI reading this?
2017-5-8
Use props
Temslie73
New
Flight distance : 1533924 ft
Australia

Please help similar issue

I just got my phantom 4 back from repair at DJI Melb Australia.
When I switch on remote and Drone the 2 back LEDs flash Yellow fast, there is an orange light next to the sd card slot and in the DJI Go App it comes up as Disconnected in red and no communication between drone and controller. Also in settings shows in red: Gimble Disconnected
Flight Temperature Unknown

Please help before I send back and have to wait another month
2017-5-13
Use props
TRISTHE GREEK
New
Flight distance : 427982 ft
United Kingdom

3rd new phantom 4 cant get it to connect to aircraft ...HELP!!!
2017-5-20
Use props
goferman
New
Flight distance : 99432 ft
Canada

My P4 wouldn't connect to the controller after it was swapped for another at DJI's repair center.
The solution was to link the P4 to the controller per p.35 of the online user manual.
2017-7-5
Use props
alex.ivanov
New
Flight distance : 96220 ft
United Kingdom

alex.ivanov Posted at 2017-3-15 07:32
hi
i have a similar issue. says disconnected on the dji go app
using phantom4, dji go app on a samsung galaxy tab2S

I'm still having problems....still the same....
2018-1-4
Use props
djiuser_yr1wWPsY1lHT
lvl.1

Nigeria

Please how do I differentiate a phantom 4 advanced from phantom 4 drone? I bought one from a seller without controller and I purchased a controller separately from another seller. Both the drone and the controller failed to link. I bought a 300c controller as the drone owner told me that the drone I am buying from him is a phantom 4 advanced and not a standard phantom 4. I no longer have money to buy another and I am totally hopeless as there are series of events lined up for the drone. How do I upgrade the controller in this situation without a linked drone? Help is needed please.
2020-3-4
Use props
fans395a7e0e
New

United States

danielsantung@g Posted at 2016-3-16 16:21
I have the same problem too

So I had the same problem where the controller would not recognize my phone or any tablet with no help online I decided to take the painful task and taking my controller apart it took me hours however I realized it is one connection to the main control board from the power supply thatcan get loose easily I simply pushed it back into place very carefully and my drone is now working. (I've also send my drone away to a license dealer who gave up on the remote and now it works!!!!!)
2021-1-11
Use props
fans395a7e0e
New

United States

I figured it out!!!!  The connector from the power supply to the main board gets loose easily I put it back in place and now everything is good I had the same problem
2021-1-27
Use props
william
New

United States

I was having issues myself, I switched out our company's new iphone for my 4 year old $400 (when I bought it) android and it works fine. Apparently phone/tablet OS make a difference. It would occasionally only briefly connect with the iphone but generally screen was always black. . . . Good thing it was defunct at the get go and didn't disconnect midflight.
2022-3-22
Use props
adomanim
lvl.3

Palestine

Ok, try this. Open the Go app, with your controller connected and on. On the splash screen with the photo of the drone, hold down the little hamburger menu in the top left corner for at least 10 seconds. When you release it a firmware menu should pop up for the controller. Select the version number in the middle of the screen, scroll down the oldest version it will let you, select save and refresh the firmware. When it's done restart your remote and follow the props to update it in the app.

2022-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules