Should i invest 5K on DJI?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
valealvarez.s96
lvl.3
Argentina

Hello!, I'm a filmmaker and i still use Canon dslrs, i have 5000 dolars to invest in equipment and i'm really up to buy a Ronin-M + Osmo + Dji follow focus. (Or just the Mōvi M5)
Or just jump from dslr to better cameras at that price range?

What do you think will be a better change in production value? Gimbal and stabilization stuff, or nice looking image? (RED one, BM ursa mini 4.5k, Fs5, C100mkii are the cameras i consider)

Valentin.
2016-3-16
Use props
valealvarez.s96
lvl.3
Argentina

i have a set of 5 Carl Zeiss ZE lenses, 21, 28, 35, 50 and 85mm already.
2016-3-16
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello!
Welcome to our Pro system forum!
For more information about DJI products, please visit our official website: www.dji.com
If you have any questions about our products, please feel free to contact us.
2016-3-16
Use props
jason
lvl.2
  • >>>

I can speak on the ronin m and follow focus, the ronin mworks good on the ground not great on a UAS , I have flown anything from Sony a7sll to dslr canon, and a pro c300 Mark ll canon . The follow focus works good but One Big Problem is when you power off the gimbal you have to recalibrate the lense end points , it reall suck when your on a big production it won't remember your last lense calibration
2016-3-18
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

jason@jasonherr Posted at 2016-3-18 23:26
I can speak on the ronin m and follow focus, the ronin mworks good on the ground not great on a UAS ...

The Ronin-M was designed for handheld stabilization but features a quick-release mount that may be attached to compatible aircraft. Note that the Ronin-M does not have a dedicated aerial damping plate or rubber dampers and stabilization results when flying may vary. Any flying platform that the Ronin-M is attached to must meet the flight payload requirements for both the Ronin-M and your camera system.

It's required to do the re-balance and re-calibration each time when you change to another camera.
As for the endpoints, if you're referring to the pan and tilt endpoints, it's not necessary to re-calibrate it again every time normally. You can restore them into default setting to test if you still need to re-calibrate them. In addition, is there any warning message hop on the screen?
If the firmware is not the latest one, I would suggest upgrading it.
2016-3-18
Use props
valealvarez.s96
lvl.3
Argentina

jason@jasonherr Posted at 2016-3-18 12:26
I can speak on the ronin m and follow focus, the ronin mworks good on the ground not great on a UAS ...

Thanks on the advise, i already spent 5K on Ronin-m + Osmo + FF, i just wanted to know if i did a good investment.
Also the feature of the Follow Focus endpoints that you mention, they are included in the firmware upgrade, i did it, and it remember it last position+last endpoint that you set it with.
Thats good but sometimes when i set another lens and i turn the FF on it goes to its "last" position and force the lens mechanical endpoint, so every time i turn off the ronin and leave it for a while i make shure that i decalibrate the Dji focus so it wont go crazy on a new setup.
2016-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules