Zenmuse Z15-GH3 noise
1678 4 2015-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
project41
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi
I have installed my Z15-GH3 into the S900 fram with an A2 controller, all firmware updates are done and it is configured properly, all works as it should except the motors are noisy to the extent of a chattering noise, it is as if it is continuouly adjusting one way and the other, i have used other gimblas (DJI and other) in the past and have never had this issue, is it a problem / know issue or will i have to put up with it ? dosnt sound good though.
The gimbal carris the GH£ camera and correct olympus lens so it is not a camera balance issue
secondly ius there an upgrade for the GH3 gimbal to give an HD output to a lightbridge or will this mean a gimbal swap to the GH4

Thanks

2015-1-10
Use props
dennismurry08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

First check your balance with the battery unplugged. Theres a couple videos on YouTube that shows how to correctly balance the camera. Second, do NOT upgrade the GCU for the GH3 beyond V1.4. If you do you will lose video. As far as HD, theres a couple people who have modified the GH3 gimbal to support the GH4 camera. Otherwise you first have to initialze the gimbal with the GH3. Point the gimbal down. Unplug the AV cable connection that goes in the HDMI camera slot. Plug in the "special HD" GH3 cable to Lightbridge and the HDMI slot on the GH3. Verify you have an HDMI monitor and it will work. Just remember, with the GH3 HDMI cable, if you forget and initialize the gimbal, it will wind the cable up and almost break it.,
2015-1-10
Use props
project41
lvl.2

United Kingdom

dennismurry08@c Posted at 2015-1-11 06:47
First check your balance with the battery unplugged. Theres a couple videos on YouTube that shows ho ...

Many thanks for your concise reply, do you have any further info on the special hd cable you mention. Thanks
2015-1-11
Use props
project41
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I have checked the balance of the camera and it is perfect as it should be, i am using the GH3 and correct olympus lens, i am still finding that after initialisation the gimbal is still noisy and if left alone with no input it will creep round and up to the left,  tried this with the radio connected and disconnected and still have the same issue.
Any ideas on what it could be, not really impressed with this so far seeing the cost of it, any help would really be appreciated, if its faulty i want to get it back under warrantee and if its something i am doing i would really like to find out where i am going wrong.

I look forward to any replies as to the V1.4 issue, well its too late for that as it was updated as soon as i connected the assistant  as this is what is recommended to do, i am currently on v1.8, can anyone let me know if this is also going to be an issue and if need be can i roll back the firmware version number.
2015-1-12
Use props
dennismurry08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

project41@me.co Posted at 2015-1-13 04:43
I have checked the balance of the camera and it is perfect as it should be, i am using the GH3 and c ...

You will absolutely need to go to v1.4 on the GCU. There are a lot of posts on this exact problem but within this community go here: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... age%3D1&lang=en
and you can read about it...its a couple pages long but theres lots of discussion on anything over v1.4 including your creeping..in fact you're lucky it isnt spinning
2015-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules