2159 14 2016-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dobmatt
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

The whole idea behind Inspire concept is to rise the arms and get the landing gear and motors off the camera view. My experimental mod project, however, calls for flying with gear down. Not permanently, just to perform a specific tasks. How the bird behave in such situation? Of course I can test this by myself, but it's freakishly bad weather here and I need advice from experienced pilots who occasionally does just that for some reason.
2016-3-16
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

no much difference, the weight center got a bit higher, you also will shoot the landing gear... that's it...
2016-3-16
Use props
dobmatt
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-3-17 01:53
no much difference, the weight center got a bit higher, you also will shoot the landing gear... that ...

Thank you, Tim. Of course the landing gear will be visible when panning, but if I set the FPV mode for gimbal than I should be fine with some shooting ahead, I guess.
2016-3-17
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

dobmatt Posted at 2016-3-17 16:21
Thank you, Tim. Of course the landing gear will be visible when panning, but if I set the FPV mode ...

in fpv mode it must be alright
2016-3-17
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

What's your mod? Are you using the arms to drop something?
2016-3-17
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

I do not care for it, I think it is less stable in Flight and has a certain vibration that I find annoying.  Also the camera view is botched when panning.  If you are using the landing gear as a "Pinch Device" to carry things aloft  it might be OK for short flights.   

I would proceed with caution.

donnie
2016-3-17
Use props
dobmatt
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-3-17 19:17
What's your mod? Are you using the arms to drop something?

Nope, my friend. At this moment it's confidential, but the world will turn upside down if my idea works ...
2016-3-17
Use props
dobmatt
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Donnie Posted at 2016-3-17 21:06
I do not care for it, I think it is less stable in Flight and has a certain vibration that I find an ...

Donnie, these "vibrations" you mentioned ... are they downgrading the video quality (jello or whatever)?
2016-3-17
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

dobmatt Posted at 2016-3-17 16:23
Nope, my friend. At this moment it's confidential, but the world will turn upside down if my idea  ...

I've got a really nice system on my first generation inspire 1 for basically dropping things like a life vest to a drowning person or pulling a string up over a tree you want cut down. I put a lot of thought and time in it, works great. Now tell me what your working on, at least a hint?
2016-3-17
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

I found no trouble flying with gear down.

Dave
2016-3-17
Use props
dobmatt
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-3-17 15:15
I've got a really nice system on my first generation inspire 1 for basically dropping things like  ...

Alright, alright, I'll tell you, but don't tell anybody else ... It's amphibious and unsinkable quad ... or rather an universal, multipurpose, attachable floating system for my quadcopters. Details will be posted here as soon as the ice on my lake is gone ...
2016-3-17
Use props
dobmatt
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Thank you all, gentleman. That's what I want to hear.
2016-3-17
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

dobmatt Posted at 2016-3-17 15:26
Donnie, these "vibrations" you mentioned ... are they downgrading the video quality (jello or what ...

I'm  not sure ,I could just " see" the vibration as the Gear was down and about to transition to gear up.  It just seems to vibrate something awful. I will try and record and see if it is noticable . Good luck with the amphibious set up, and be mindful of the Center of Gravity.  I have seen other members do this but I personally have not tried.  post some pics if you get a moment.

All the Best to you  and yours- donnie
2016-3-18
Use props
w.hawke78
lvl.1
Flight distance : 628396 ft
Australia

I've noticed the thrust seems to be noticeably reduced. Great for coming in hot, but not great for climbing.
2016-5-11
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

w.hawke78 Posted at 2016-5-11 06:38
I've noticed the thrust seems to be noticeably reduced. Great for coming in hot, but not great for c ...

That is a very good point, I am going to test this out myself, makes sense since the angle of attack is different.

donnie
2016-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules