1444 2 2014-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tony
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2856060 ft
  • >>>
United States

This question pertains to iPad, iPad Mini or even iPhone. I think this was discussed in another thread, but I can't find it.

I am interested in creating a movie showing what I see on the iPad screen as I am runing the Vision App and flying the Phantom 2. Now I know this is possible and I hjave a basic understanding of how it is accomplished. I know there are multiple way to acheive it as well.

Let's say we are using an iPad Mini and a Mac Book Pro and a Phantom 2 Vision+. We are running the Vision iPhone App on the iPad Mini, a mirroring app like Reflector or X-Mirage on the Macbook to mirror the iPad screen, and a screen recorder to record the MacBook display. Got all of that.

But doesn't the iPad have to be on the same network as the Macbook in order for the mirroring to work? So does that mean the macbook needs to be on the phantom network? Will this cause problems?

Any help is greatly appreciated. And please note, my question is mainly concerning the network setup aspect of the process. I understand the software and app side of it.

Thanks in advance!
2014-9-27
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

YES you will need to connect the Macbook pro to the same Phantom network. And no it has not caused any problems for me.
Example:

Find me on facebook if you all would like.
https://www.facebook.com/michael.w.williams.71

2014-9-27
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2856060 ft
  • >>>
United States

hd_ultra@msn.co Posted at 2014-9-27 23:40
YES you will need to connect the Macbook pro to the same Phantom network. And no it has not caused a ...

Thanks. I figured this was the only way to make it work. I don't know much about WiFi and bandwidth and just thought that having the iPad and the MacBook on the Phantom's network could cause transmission problems. I guess I will give it a go, but start out low and close and see where I can go from there.

Can't wait to somehow eventually get flight data overlaid on the video or photos. I would love altitude and speed to be an option on the video.

Thanks for your time!
2014-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules