Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
RONIN ROLL DRIFT ISSUE
1357 4 2016-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
glkimpson
New

This is more of a review of the awful customer service that I have experience with DJI....

I have honestly never posted a single bad comment on any product or customer service for any company until now... Because DJI has proven so incompetant and lacks any desire to help their customers.

I will start by saying: I am a college educated person, I am a filmmaker in Los Angeles, I know technology pretty well... with that said.  
I LOVED the ronin the first few months that I owned it.  But then the new FIRMWARE came out.  I was reluctant to update, just because of past problems with other companies updating operating systems, firmware, etc.  but finally I relented after multiple warning boxes came up in my DJI Ronin App....

THE FIRST SHOOT after I updated, the Ronin starting exhibiting ROLL DRIFT.  I tried everything, rebalanced, pushed thru, and frustratingly got thru the shoot.  Then went home to read the blogs.  

I found that I, of course, wasn't the only one experiencing the issue. The only remedy: DOWNGRADE TO THE OLDER FIRMWARE.  After weeks of trying everything I could, I finally emailed DJI - which produced AWFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE.  They told me "make sure your remote control isn't on"  haha ok, I'm not an idiot, stop skating around the issue... No help. So I continued to try and figure out a solution...

Finally I got on a blog that someone else had reported with the same issue and a BLAIR contacted me.  She/he said that they would help me downgrade the Firmware...GREAT...I thought.  After TWO WEEKS  of trying to get in contact with the person responsible for helping, I just tonight got a hold of him...after sending 5 messages and 2 missed skype calls....

But it gets worse: DJI has to do the firmware downgrade....REMOTELY....and it GETS WORSE!  They can only do it on a PC.  "THEY CAN'T DO IT ON A MAC."

WTF....the entire film industry uses macs, why would a multi-million dollar company not be able to fix it if you own a Mac??

Needless to say, I'm frustrated with the product now (essentially USELESS because it drifts in the roll axis (the most noticeable axis in film)) and I AM EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED with their CUSTOMER SERVICE.  Very very unprofessional company.  

I suggest saving your money for a MOVI or The Beast Gimbal systems.

2016-3-16
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

We're really sorry about the situation!
This kind of issue of roll drift just comes out recently, and to solve the problem, temporally our technicians will provide the remote service to downgrade the firmware for our customers. Since our major working systems are based on Windows, we, as an individual, don't have a Mac to work for you right now. However, we've reported this trouble to our responsible coworkers and will try to improve our service. Your understanding and consideration will be highly appreciated!
To solve the problem for your ASAP, could you please just use a PC with WIN7 so that our technicians could help you out?
Sorry for any inconvenience caused!

BTW, could you please tell me your ticket number or contact info. so that we can follow up your case further?

Thanks again for your cooperation and understanding!
2016-3-17
Use props
trdreher
lvl.1

United States

This is not a recent issue. I had this problem last summer and received no response from any DJI support on the forum board. It cost me work and hurt my reputation because the stupid thing would drift in the middle of shots. My client was not happy.
2016-3-24
Use props
christian.verch
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35066 ft
Germany

Im actually rethinking buying one. If it doesnt work its useless... thats bad...
2016-3-24
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

christian.verch Posted at 2016-3-25 10:59
Im actually rethinking buying one. If it doesnt work its useless... thats bad...

The roll drift just happen occasionally, it just doesn't work with some of the devices.
This problem has been reported to our engineers, we'll try to provide a solution ASAP.
2016-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules