751 4 2016-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
grantfbrooks
lvl.2
Flight distance : 887054 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all,
I am about to take delivery of my new Inspire 1 pro black edition and as you can imagine I'm quite excited, however having read quite a few negative posts with regards to firmware updates with people having issues, what would you do??
2016-3-17
Use props
mikael
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24199 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Hi, I have the I1 Pro Black edition and haven't had any problem at all when it comes to upgrading. Everything works as it should.
2016-3-17
Use props
Harb
lvl.3

Australia

I have never had an issue either........just do them
2016-3-17
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

You only hear about the negative ones, small %
2016-3-17
Use props
njabinc
lvl.2

United States

I own one Inspire 1 PRO and one Inspire 1 PRO Black Edition. After reading the release notes and researching all available information on here, the service forums, and the many independent Inspire forums easily found on the internet I have updated to the PRO update provided on 11-24-15 which is  1.1.0.40. This firmware update had very little issues reported,  provides the majority of functional features, avoids further limitation of power, doesn't display the well documented increases in shadow noise and contrast issues, and seems to be the firmware the aircraft is shipped with. I should add that later shipments may use later firmware. The other fact I've never seen discussed is that if one purchases a replacement flight controller whether for an Inspire 1 or a V2-PRO which encompasses every system on the aircraft barring the GPS and VPM it is received requiring every firmware update installed starting from 1-1-2015 (the next update after geofencing) although DJI has removed some of these from the download page though I still have them all. So if someone felt strongly about using prior firmware it is achievable though at considerable expense. Eventually the correct reset point on the aircraft flight control circuit board will be identified and it will be as simple as opening the enclosure and resetting the aircraft as mapping a board simply involves identifying the components attached, their manufacturers, this leads to technical data provided by those manufacturers which includes pin assignments, then it's a matter of spending the time tracing the connections combined with the application of the technical data. Although this won't provide any proprietary programming it will identify memory and system reset procedures and access points on the board. I'll bet reset will also allow an aircraft name change at that point also.
2016-3-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules