Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

2016-3-17
Use props
Harb
lvl.3

Australia

A lot of people down here in Oz hate them with a passion....
2016-3-17
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

Then turn there electric off and watch them change there tune.
2016-3-17
Use props
Harb
lvl.3

Australia

They say the noise they make effects their health.......they tend to put them close to houses here for some reason....... I am not sure they make that much noise, but its a constant one and a big issue , and they are seen as a disaster.
I think if they put them in the right place they are a good option to add to what we already have.
2016-3-17
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

They are seen by some people as a disaster, others welcome them.
There is no definitive science behind the health impact claims - but research continues and one day we will have a proven outcome.

As the Australian population is concentrated along coastal areas, prime wind farm positions are unfortunately often close to residential development.

2016-3-17
Use props
stormtrooper101
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

We have a "green energy act" in Ontario brought in by the existing provincial government.  This includes adoption of both solar and wind farms - the locals refer to the turbines as "bird blenders".  I used to dive in Kingston, and they installed a crap load of turbines there...they certainly changed the landscape.  Sadly, they produce very little percentage wise into our power grid, and at the expense of throttling back traditional hydro-electric power, and costing consumers rates that are four times higher than our neighbours in Quebec.  That's the end of my political rant...

I'm going to try to get some footage of them this summer when I hit the Kingston area... Hopefully my Inspire doesn't get "whacked" by a blade... ;-)

Cheers,

M
2016-3-19
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

I sure would not want to pay for one of those blades either.
2016-3-20
Use props
Ricky Wu
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1360719 ft
Hong Kong

Very nice and thank you for sharing this with us!!
2016-6-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Awesome.  I do love the turbine.   
2021-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now