Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
petr.vanekDJI
lvl.1

Czechia

Friendship7 Posted at 2017-4-21 12:03
Here is the link to the file:

http://www.filedropper.com/diagnosingandrecoveringthedjip2vwi-fimodule

I thank you very much! I have a file with the procedure and the necessary data packages on my computer. Now I'm creating a  spring contact connection to the board and I'm trying to restore the module. I will not use USB-COM, my PC has HW COM.
I promise that once the recovery is successful, I will write here. And much thanks to a person like Freindship7 has my admiration. That he was able to find the way and work for other people. My bird will see again !!!
2017-4-21
Use props
isiden
lvl.1
Flight distance : 568 ft
Italy

I can Confirm that the procedure's working.. I got it fixed using goucho's files (big credits to him). I've just read friendship's guide and it describes everithing very well..
2017-4-22
Use props
fillippe_flyer
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Friendship7 Posted at 2017-4-21 11:55
Hi again all. Sorry that so many of you cannot download the pdf, I don't understand why this is but I'll have to upload it somewhere else and send a link.

Thanks Friendship7. I've just downloaded your pdf with no problems at all from this forum. All I have to do now is understand them!
2017-4-22
Use props
fillippe_flyer
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Friendship7:
What did you use for your 11v power supply? I'm very keen not to fry my module!
2017-4-23
Use props
Friendship7
lvl.2

United Kingdom

fillippe_flyer Posted at 2017-4-23 10:10
Friendship7:

Hi fillippe_flyer, I used a variable DC power supply and set it to ~11V. Since the battery is rated at 11.1V I measured the voltage on the V+ and GND pins going to the module and it measured 10.88V. I'm sure you can power the module from 12V but I took a cautious approach
2017-4-23
Use props
Friendship7
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Friendship7 Posted at 2017-4-23 11:14
Hi fillippe_flyer, I used a variable DC power supply and set it to ~11V. Since the battery is rated at 11.1V I measured the voltage on the V+ and GND pins going to the module and it measured 10.88V. I'm sure you can power the module from 12V but I took a cautious approach

Hi again fillippe_flyer. Forgot to say if you need any help send me a PM and I'll guide you through it.
2017-4-23
Use props
sjl679
New

United States

ahojman Posted at 2017-1-28 03:33
Any new procedure to solve this issue?
Really not sure if I will but another DJI product in the future.
I need an answer and nobody is helping.

I'm with you. I have spent hours trying to do all the things listed in the forums and nothing is working. One day when I did a rebind I got the picture (camera view) back. Flew it 2 times then the next time I went to fly I got black screen again at start up. Now nothing works and I am flying a drone blindly. I don't seem to see any new threads recently about this. DJI just wants you to upgrade! No way.
2017-4-23
Use props
fillippe_flyer
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Friendship7:
2017-4-23
Use props
Friendship7
lvl.2

United Kingdom

fillippe_flyer Posted at 2017-4-23 12:04
Friendship7:

Variable DC power supply which was set to 11V.
2017-4-23
Use props
fansb27d73dd
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Can LiPo battery taken from DJI Phantom 1 serve as power supply in this case ?
Specs: 11.1V (2200mAh) 20C 24.42Wh
2017-4-23
Use props
Friendship7
lvl.2

United Kingdom

fansb27d73dd Posted at 2017-4-23 12:30
Can LiPo battery taken from DJI Phantom 1 serve as power supply in this case ?
Specs: 11.1V (2200mAh) 20C 24.42Wh

Yes the LiPo battery from the Phantom 1 can be used to power the module.
2017-4-24
Use props
Bebop
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Great, I'll use Phantom 1 battery as I have one.
Thank you Friendship7
2017-4-24
Use props
korling
lvl.1
United States

Friendship7 Posted at 2017-4-23 11:22
Hi again fillippe_flyer. Forgot to say if you need any help send me a PM and I'll guide you through it.

If I replace the wifi extender with a new RE700, would that be an option or will the issue recreate itself? Thanks.
2017-4-25
Use props
Friendship7
lvl.2

United Kingdom

korling Posted at 2017-4-25 10:12
If I replace the wifi extender with a new RE700, would that be an option or will the issue recreate itself? Thanks.

korling - that won't solve anything, you'll be back where you started but your wallet will be a bit lighter! The FPV black screen is caused by a faulty Wi-Fi module inside the P2V+, its the 'Part3 P2V+ Wi-Fi signal transmission module' and nothing to do with the RE700.
2017-4-25
Use props
LemonX
lvl.1

Czechia

2017-4-25
Use props
LemonX
lvl.1

Czechia

Bird to see! I'm very happy! Thank you very much for going to the WIFI PCB flash. Friendship7 has described exactly the procedure and is working every detail. Friendship7 thank you very much for your work!
He saved me a lot of money. I do not want soldering on a PCB - it made a spring joint for wood. A flexible sharp touches the PIN on the PCB. Use HW COM and MAX2323 converter. PC is on 64bit W7 works. But I had to do two flash processes. The first one did not work correctly - it was still loop starting, starting .. My error. Bad copy batch command from pdf document.
It has been rewritten manually and flash is OK.

I have not had FPV photo for blind for one year. And then look at the priview of the application if the camera is right. Roll differently and look again at the priview. Terrible work.
And I do not want to upgrade - vision2 + is good enough! There are 70 starts and no problem. Only FPV I have already solved. When the new bird is no longer DJI! I have a very bad experience to support them. No one writes. They should face the problem. Not your head in the sand. Bad reputation . Wifi module is bad desing, it dies and is very hot. I do tunning a heat conducting rubber pad. Can be hunted in old CD, DVD drive. Perhaps it will work better. I'll give some photos of my work on flash module.
The 4xAA battery is a power COM -TTL COM converter with MAX2323 (black box). If it uses the USB-UART module, USB power is used.
Thanks so much! I like the person who shares the experience. Apology for my bad English.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-j_Eb5YU8okOG1FZ0RVSTA2ZmM
2017-4-25
Use props
LemonX
lvl.1

Czechia

[img]https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-j_Eb5YU8okMUNJRlpBZFBJUWc[img]https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-j_Eb5YU8okbTN1WUtpUGswVzQ[/img][/img]
2017-4-25
Use props
LemonX
lvl.1

Czechia

Sorry, I can not insert a picture, expire on timeout, can not delete blank message ... Sorry ..

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-j_Eb5YU8okMUNJRlpBZFBJUWc

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-j_Eb5YU8okbTN1WUtpUGswVzQ

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-j_Eb5YU8okV0NNOFA3ZndUdms

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-j_Eb5YU8okbjcyN1p5Qk5YUkU

2017-4-25
Use props
fillippe_flyer
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Friendship7 Posted at 2017-4-23 11:14

Thanks Friendship7.
After I calmed down and thought about it, I've decided to go with 3 18650s in series, which will be 11.1v. Just waiting for the FT232RL to arrive from Amazon. I'm happy to follow your clear instructions, but if I hit a problem, I'll be in touch!
2017-4-25
Use props
fillippe_flyer
lvl.1

United Kingdom

fillippe_flyer Posted at 2017-4-25 14:17
Thanks Friendship7.
After I calmed down  and thought about it, I've decided to go with 3 18650s in series, which will be 11.1v. Just waiting for the FT232RL to arrive from Amazon. I'm happy to follow your clear instructions, but if I hit a problem, I'll be in touch!

Forgot to add - I have no idea why my message querying power supply has been repeated!
2017-4-25
Use props
fanscbe0e7d3
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Friendship7 Posted at 2017-4-21 12:03
Here is the link to the file:

http://www.filedropper.com/diagnosingandrecoveringthedjip2vwi-fimodule

wow nice job but to complex for me.
Iemand in nederland die dit al gedaan heeft en de mijne wilt doen voor een goede prijs?
aub zend email naar elintnl@gmail.com
Jos
2017-4-26
Use props
Friendship7
lvl.2

United Kingdom

LemonX Posted at 2017-4-25 13:59
Bird to see! I'm very happy! Thank you very much for going to the WIFI PCB flash. Friendship7 has described exactly the procedure and is working every detail. Friendship7 thank you very much for your work!
He saved me a lot of money. I do not want soldering on a PCB - it made a spring joint for wood. A flexible sharp touches the PIN on the PCB. Use HW COM and MAX2323 converter. PC is on 64bit W7 works. But I had to do two flash processes. The first one did not work correctly - it was still loop starting, starting .. My error. Bad copy batch command from pdf document.
It has been rewritten manually and flash is OK.

Great news LemonX, glad you have FPV back and the procedure worked well for you! Happy flying.
2017-4-26
Use props
Friendship7
lvl.2

United Kingdom

fillippe_flyer Posted at 2017-4-25 14:17
Thanks Friendship7.
After I calmed down  and thought about it, I've decided to go with 3 18650s in series, which will be 11.1v. Just waiting for the FT232RL to arrive from Amazon. I'm happy to follow your clear instructions, but if I hit a problem, I'll be in touch!

No worries fillippe_flyer, happy to help if you need it.
2017-4-26
Use props
Nocturne
lvl.1
Flight distance : 192753 ft
United States

Guess I'll add my name to the pile. Same situation as most. Brand new, less than 10 flights and it sat for the winter. Pull it out and no video but have all telemetry. I'll fire it up tonight and do the ping test, but I already know how it is going to turn out.
2017-4-26
Use props
LemonX
lvl.1

Czechia

Nocturne Posted at 2017-4-26 13:52
Guess I'll add my name to the pile. Same situation as most. Brand new, less than 10 flights and it sat for the winter. Pull it out and no video but have all telemetry. I'll fire it up tonight and do the ping test, but I already know how it is going to turn out.

It's angry I had a bird year without FPV. No ping on 192.168.1.10, dead wifi module. I curse DJI! There are many such users. And flying without FPV is a misery. And now came the way from Friendship7! Like lightning from heaven! Exactly at my birthday! Beautiful gift. Make a flash and   bird again see !!!
2017-4-26
Use props
powerhouse
New

Italy

i think the problem is on the connector
2017-4-27
Use props
Friendship7
lvl.2

United Kingdom

LemonX Posted at 2017-4-26 14:24
It's angry I had a bird year without FPV. No ping on 192.168.1.10, dead wifi module. I curse DJI! There are many such users. And flying without FPV is a misery. And now came the way from Friendship7! Like lightning from heaven! Exactly at my birthday! Beautiful gift. Make a flash and   bird again see !!!

Great news, happy birthday
2017-4-27
Use props
fanscbe0e7d3
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

I just uploaded files and pdf to the newservers, search for phantom2 with https://www.binsearch.info/?q=Phantom2&max=100&adv_age=50&server=
Also i used a cable like this one https://www.toemen.nl/dji-phantom-dji-phantom-batterij-laadkabel-p-28467.html with the original accu
2017-4-28
Use props
fansaab1e0cf
lvl.2

United States

I got the same problem with mine after a long time storage for the entire 2016; specifically, the problem attributed to the Wi-Fi Video Link Module. I have been monitoring the forum for a solution and have concluded that the problem is definitely systemic - not user fault. But where I differ from most people is that the problem, I think, is not from any DJI's software update but, rather, a hardware one - the NAND flash device in the board.

It has been known that this kind of non-volatile memory may be susceptible of losing data in some of its cells after a long storage. (It's common to use redundancy for a 'boot loader' software in case one copy gets corrupted.) DJI must have used a bad batch or inferior grade of this part. If the problem is due to any DJI software upgrade, then, every P2V+ owner in the world who updates the software would have gotten it. But that is not the case although it's true that a lot have reported of having one in online forums. That led me to believe that it is a hardware part which may or may not fail prematurely (i.e., systemic but not all get it!).

I can attest to this myself.  I bought two exactly the same P2V+ early 2015; one for myself and the other for my son. Mine got the problem (on both IOS and Android apps) and his is still working with all up-to-date softwares! Definitely smells like a hardware reliability issue! And not due to heat! So, what did I do?

I bit the bullet and sent it back to DJI Service at the beginning of the month. Diagnosis: Replaced bad Part 3 wi-fi video link module. Cost total: $224. And the reason is that Friendship7 in this forum was late in documenting his procedure! Haha! That's what I've been waiting for - somebody successfully applied it to the P2V+. Oh well!... But if it strikes again after the 1 year repair warranty, I have equipped myself with Friendship7 pdf to just re-flash the NAND.
2017-4-28
Use props
fillippe_flyer
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Friendship7 Posted at 2017-4-26 10:52
No worries fillippe_flyer, happy to help if you need it.

Hi Friendship7,
finally got the chance to carry out the procedure today and all went as it should, and I now have working FPV to the Vision app!
The only hiccup was that the final bit of code in your pdf just kept repeating, so I just stopped the prgram by switching off the pcb. I checked the code against your pdf, and it was the same, just cycling repeatedly.
Anyway, all working - thank you so much for your help in this forum.
2017-4-28
Use props
Friendship7
lvl.2

United Kingdom

fillippe_flyer Posted at 2017-4-28 10:10
Hi Friendship7,
finally got the chance to carry out the procedure today and all went as it should, and I now have working FPV to the Vision app!
The only hiccup was that the final bit of code in your pdf just kept repeating, so I just stopped the prgram by switching off the pcb. I checked the code against your pdf, and it was the same, just cycling repeatedly.

Awesome fillippe_flyer, glad you got FPV back! The final bit of code is actually the software image running and is normal, so nothing to worry about. Happy flying!
2017-4-28
Use props
LemonX
lvl.1

Czechia

Friendship7 Posted at 2017-4-27 06:59
Great news, happy birthday

Hello. I allowed myself to place my CZECH version and my practices on my blog.
Thanks again for great help!
http://ok1mhk.blogspot.cz/2017/0 ... -nefunkcni-fpv.html
2017-4-28
Use props
TxHillCountryFl
New
Flight distance : 219596 ft
United States

RE: I cannot see the camera through DJi vision app (P2V NOT P2V+)

Friendship7, it appears you have been a big help to many--above and beyond.  But unless I am missing something, the P2V (NOT + PLUS version) I just dusted off to give to a friend is not addressed in your step by step.  The P2V range extender is a different beast without the 2nd board.  I cannot ping the .10 address (I can the .1 and .2) but not even sure the .10 address would ever be pingable on a P2V (NON PLUS).

I have two Phantom 2's of different setups, a P4 and a P4 Pro + and have never had issues like I am seeing (and hearing from others) with this P2V.  I have watched endless YouTube videos claiming to solve the problem but only yours (for the Vision 2 PLUS) seems to  be working...

Am I missing something in all these forums that addresses the plain old P2V?  I want to give this to someone tomorrow, but noticed night before last (in the dark) that I had no live video.  Seemed odd so I checked this morning and then quickly found these 1000's of forum posts....

Can anyone help with a solution to the base P2V PLEASE?
Thanks in advance!
2017-4-29
Use props
Friendship7
lvl.2

United Kingdom

TxHillCountryFl Posted at 2017-4-29 01:56
Friendship7, it appears you have been a big help to many--above and beyond.  But unless I am missing something, the P2V (NOT + PLUS version) I just dusted off to give to a friend is not addressed in your step by step.  The P2V range extender is a different beast without the 2nd board.  I cannot ping the .10 address (I can the .1 and .2) but not even sure the .10 address would ever be pingable on a P2V (NON PLUS).

I have two Phantom 2's of different setups, a P4 and a P4 Pro + and have never had issues like I am seeing (and hearing from others) with this P2V.  I have watched endless YouTube videos claiming to solve the problem but only yours (for the Vision 2 PLUS) seems to  be working...

TxHillCountryFl I am not familiar with the P2V at all and don't know if it has the same internal Wi-Fi module, although from what you have said it is not as it has only 1 PCB, so I can't advise on the standard P2V. I can only state that my procedure will work with the P2V+.
2017-4-29
Use props
TxHillCountryFl
New
Flight distance : 219596 ft
United States

Friendship7 Posted at 2017-4-29 04:04
TxHillCountryFl I am not familiar with the P2V at all and don't know if it has the same internal Wi-Fi module, although from what you have said it is not as it has only 1 PCB, so I can't advise on the standard P2V. I can only state that my procedure will work with the P2V+.

Thanks F7.  Indeed the P2V and the P2V+ are very different at least in the range extender.

I have taken two Phantom 2's apart over the last two days (for fun things like EZUhf, battery extenders, EXOSD, etc.) in prep for two long range fixed wing autopilot planes.

And I decided to open up this P2V on the off chance that the video cable we loose inside.  No dice.

I have tried every combination of deleting the Vision iOS app, and every combination and permutation of boot sequences, hopping on one leg, and every other crazy thing mentioned on all the YouTube and various RC/DJI forums.  Live video is dead for now on the P2V.  Now I don't have to gift this away.  I can use it for skeet practice or load it up with Tannerite and see what goes boom.

Glad you could address the internals of the P2V+ as they seem much more similar to the LightBridge thread and architecture. The P2V is just a dumb wi-fi extender.  I was able to change the SSID, so I can talk to it in other ways, but DJI made some mistake, probably tiny that keeps the video from making it back to any iOS device I have tried.  And I have tried about 8.

Good luck to all. Good riddance P2V.
2017-4-29
Use props
fans76590968
lvl.1

Italy

Yes in P2V the wifi module is inside the FC200 "egg" cam, it's the board #3 you can see here: http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... -on-p2.84482/page-2
But i don't know how link the board#3 to the FT232RL adapter, to try rewrite the NAND
2017-4-30
Use props
AARDVARK_76
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Friendship7 a huge thank you for your procedure,  i had already narrowed the fault down to the bottom PCB not realizing the time it was the nand fault i started by replacing the video chip, then i saw a post that was about 23+pages long with the steps in your procedure but i could't take it all in.  Your procedure has saved me a load of time working out what was needed to be done, thanks again. Just to let others know i am using windows 7 64 bit and this cable RS232 3V3 cable from amazon  i brought my p2v+ form ebay cheap knowing that FPV was not working so i cant wait to fully reassemble and fly now.
2017-5-2
Use props
AARDVARK_76
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Friendship7 a huge thank you for your procedure,  i had already narrowed the fault down to the bottom PCB not realizing the time it was the nand fault i started by replacing the video chip, then i saw a post that was about 23+pages long with the steps in your procedure but i could't take it all in.  Your procedure has saved me a load of time working out what was needed to be done, thanks again. Just to let others know i am using windows 7 64 bit and this cable RS232 3V3 cable from amazon  i brought my p2v+ form ebay cheap knowing that FPV was not working so i cant wait to fully reassemble and fly now.
2017-5-2
Use props
Friendship7
lvl.2

United Kingdom

AARDVARK_76 Posted at 2017-5-2 13:57

No problem AARDVARK_76 and thanks for confirming that the NAND flash programming works on a Win 7 64-bit machine.
2017-5-3
Use props
fanse050ab79
lvl.1

Indonesia

Hi, i odanksuki i am from bandung jawa barat indonesia I want to ask if anyone knows about the obstacles I experienced about dji phantom vision 2 plus, the constraints of his camera can not send pictures to the smartphone may be there who can help me, thanks
2017-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules