I cannot see the camera through DJi vision app
103509 324 2016-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans76590968
lvl.1

Italy

djiuser_NJfpPNWqIAKX Posted at 2018-2-1 10:10
Ok. I figured it out. I have the Phantom 2 Vision.
Anybody know if that guide will going  to work on my wifi module??
Thanks.

I have the P2V me too.
Tired to search a way to repair the "no fpv" failure by myself, i sent it to the official DJI Reapair Service for Italy, and they ship it to the Netherlands Repair Service: result, they want 445€ for replace the FC200 cam...they are CRAZY!!!
2018-2-2
Use props
djiuser_iNhoFpYAaHhJ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 221663 ft

Greece

Penny Wells Posted at 2017-12-13 10:35
Hi,
I am desperately trying to fix my DJI Phantom 2 black screen like everyone else here, but cannot seem to get the PDF file with the steps.
The link to filehippo does not work, can anyone kindly repost the PDF file with the steps friendship7 or some other kind member put together ?

Hello, i have something simmilar with that problem, My problem isn't the black screen.When I'm starting the drone at the ground everything is ok, i have video and telemetry etc.But when I'm sending it to the sky from 5m and above I lost my video signal(only) the video freezing but not black screen and sometimes change image for a sec and freezing again. Does anyone know if is the same thing?.Thank you!!.

2018-2-7
Use props
okstuv
lvl.2
Flight distance : 412694 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans76590968 Posted at 2018-2-2 02:42
I have the P2V me too.
Tired to search a way to repair the "no fpv" failure by myself, i sent it to the official DJI Reapair Service for Italy, and they ship it to the Netherlands Repair Service: result, they want 445€ for replace the FC200 cam...they are CRAZY!!!

https://sites.google.com/view/phantom-2-wifi-module-fix/home

This should help those with p2vp, no fpv/black screen issues.
2018-2-15
Use props
irishgrumpy
New

United Kingdom

okstuv Posted at 2018-2-15 21:28

Just as an update to my no camera on the Vision 2, did a deal with DJI and sent camera back for repair and received it last July, all good and working fine.
Have not used it much since, half dozen times or so, but camera gone again.................bloody joke.........
I know it is an old model, but as far as I can see it was a problem from day one and there should have been a re-call. Surely as the unit is "not fit for purpose", they have a case to answer????
2018-2-20
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

People have been reporting that on the old P2 series, DJI has been repairing these issues for free since last month...
2018-2-20
Use props
fans76590968
lvl.1

Italy

Yes, that guide is only for p2vp and not for our p2v (the "egg" camera one)...
2018-3-5
Use props
Nuvolari
lvl.1

Italy

Hi all,
same issue with Phantom 2 Vision. Has anybody found a solution for the p2v (the "egg" camera )?
thanks
2018-3-6
Use props
fans88413075
lvl.1
Mexico

Freindship7 Posted at 2017-4-21 02:19
Hi all, I've attached the recovery procedure here that I used to restore FPV on my P2V+. Hopefully you all find this useful. If you have any queries with the information in the document then I'm happy to help. Good luck with fixing your Wi-Fi modules!

I have a question, hopefully you can help me, how do you connect the GND and 11V cables? I do not want to fry my PCB.
2018-3-12
Use props
Friendship7
lvl.2

United Kingdom

fans88413075 Posted at 2018-3-12 22:29
I have a question, hopefully you can help me, how do you connect the GND and 11V cables? I do not want to fry my PCB.

Orientate the WM301_DM368 PCB so the white connector is on the bottom left hand side as you look at it. The 11V connection is the test point at the bottom right of the white connector, furthest to the right. The GND connection is the test point to the left of the 11V test point.
2018-3-17
Use props
fansdffa0d29
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi, has anyone got a wifi module with the black video issue, but still showing tenementary that I could buy off them? It would need to be posted to the UK, but it shouldn't cost more than a few pounds (posting worldwide for a UK large letter is about £3-4.

I would like to experiment on the fixing of them.

Thanks
2018-3-26
Use props
fans76590968
lvl.1

Italy

irishgrumpy Posted at 2018-2-20 05:12
Just as an update to my no camera on the Vision 2, did a deal with DJI and sent camera back for repair and received it last July, all good and working fine.
Have not used it much since, half dozen times or so, but camera gone again.................bloody joke.........
I know it is an old model, but as far as I can see it was a problem from day one and there should have been a re-call. Surely as the unit is "not fit for purpose", they have a case to answer????

Hi irishgrumpy,
please i have some questions about it:

Which Phantom do you have? The P2V+ or the old P2V with the egg camera?
How have you did a deal, and where do you sent the camera? Directly to China's DJI?
How much is the cost of the repair?

Many thanks
2018-4-5
Use props
TomX67
lvl.1

United States

What I don't understand about the Flash the NAND fix is why DJI doesn't just provide a utility to do that without opening it up.  I've had mine in for repair for that issue, and it did the same thing 6 months later.

I guess DJI is only interested in selling you a new drone and not properly fixing their old stuff, even when you send it in for repair.
2018-4-12
Use props
Friendship7
lvl.2

United Kingdom

TomX67 Posted at 2018-4-12 03:33
What I don't understand about the Flash the NAND fix is why DJI doesn't just provide a utility to do that without opening it up.  I've had mine in for repair for that issue, and it did the same thing 6 months later.

I guess DJI is only interested in selling you a new drone and not properly fixing their old stuff, even when you send it in for repair.

An update from my side.

A year ago I performed the recovery procedure on the NAND flash on my P2V+ Wi-Fi module. This week the lack of FPV black screen returned. I had to repeat the recovery procedure again on the NAND flash on the Wi-Fi module to restore FPV. At some point in the future it will happen again. This issue will always occur on the P2V+ Wi-Fi module, even if DJI have repaired it. Mine lasted for a year before failing again. I recommend powering up the P2V+ once a week to prolong the lifetime of the Wi-Fi module.
2018-4-27
Use props
dwatkins
New

United States

Try settings FPV.  Update turned mine off
2018-5-20
Use props
fansa651921c
New

United States

gs@fotosintesi. Posted at 2016-3-30 05:22
Latest news: even with Samsung has the same problem ... this morning it worked with the first battery and then nothing ..
But then, in your opinion .... it is necessary to replace the WiFi module, or it is just to wait in the hope that DJI make a working update the range extender?

Try setting FPV in app settings.
2018-5-20
Use props
fansa651921c
New

United States

fans876d4a0f Posted at 2017-1-30 11:32
Fellers, I am in the same boat.  I just pulled my Phantom 2 plust 3.0 off the shelf after a year of no flying.   No video but the telemetry works just fine.  I can take video and pics with no live video feed.  I'm in Montana where is is colder than a witch's tit in a brass bra, so no overheating is to blame.  I was going to buy a new Phantom 4, but now I don't think I will.  I would like help on flashing the NAND if possible.  Could someone put a step by step tutorial on how to accomplish this?

Check app setting FPV.  Mine was put up for months, got new phone updated app. After many hour I found this setting had been mysteriously changed. I hope this helps.
2018-5-20
Use props
flemix
lvl.1

South Africa

HI IM NEW TO THIS AND  NOT TECH SMART. IS THERE A SIMPLE FIX YET FOR THIS BLACK SCREEN ON THE PHANTOM 2VISION.
I HAVE NOT FLOWN FOR A WILE AND NOW SUDDENLY NO LIVE PICTURE ON VISION APP
2018-7-23
Use props
FieldVision
lvl.1

Ireland

ricom831 Posted at 2017-1-16 04:40
It was 9 months since my last flight so it's certainly something to do with leaving the units for a while. Either replacemant or reflash will fix it.

As you are based in the UK, I'm happy to have a look at your WiFi unit and confirm if it's the same issue as me and also if the fix applied will work for all units with the issue. I'm looking for volunteers based in the UK so it's easier to ship/meet.

Hi,
    I am having the same issue with my Phantom 2, Only a black screen, I am able to take pics and full video but no FPV.
I have removed the WM301_DM368_V1 board  following your recommendation and would like to know if you are able to reflash it for me?
I live in the UK ?
Look forward to hearing from you
2018-9-4
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

There is a guy on eBay who will reflash it for you for $80.  Good luck
2018-9-4
Use props
Darran Field
New

My phantom 2 vision + will not bind it says connection broken and get no video or data there is a wifi signal from drone so guess camera is faulty
2018-9-7
Use props
dchicora1
lvl.1

Darran Field Posted at 2018-9-7 10:01
My phantom 2 vision + will not bind it says connection broken and get no video or data there is a wifi signal from drone so guess camera is faulty

Same problem here.  Can record video and pictures on sd card but no live video feed.  I just took it out of its case after 2 years and no video feed.  It worked when I put it in its case.  Im reading that even if its fixed, the problem will return.  Is there a way to apply old firmware?  It seems as though some new firmware has caused the problem as far as everything I read.
2018-9-20
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

dchicora1 Posted at 2018-9-20 00:58
Same problem here.  Can record video and pictures on sd card but no live video feed.  I just took it out of its case after 2 years and no video feed.  It worked when I put it in its case.  Im reading that even if its fixed, the problem will return.  Is there a way to apply old firmware?  It seems as though some new firmware has caused the problem as far as everything I read.

That's not the same problem.  His problem is a binding problem and yours is almost certainly a NAND chip problem on the camera board.  Here are your options as I see them:

1)  This might work for you, but even if it does, it will likely be only temporary.  

2)  You can always replace the module.  They're around $160 - $225 used last time I looked, depending on which one you get (the V3 has holes in the cover).  That makes the fix easy and quick even if it's a little expensive.  But you can then sell the bad module and you will get pretty good money for it.  

3)  Send the bad module to the eBay guy in Seattle who will fix it for $80.  His name is Okstuv.  That's the guy you want.  The other guys are leeches who have stolen the hard-earned procedure he and a few others have figured out from his site and are using the knowledge he was kind enough to share with the community to compete against him.  https://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Pha ... :g:6u4AAOSw5VtaG68v

4)  Flash the NAND yourself.  Lots of vids on youtube about this.  Here's the one I used which is described from Okstuv's site:  

Good luck
2018-9-20
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

Darran Field Posted at 2018-9-7 10:01

There are actually two wifi signals - one from the drone and one from the range extender.  The one from the drone won't be visible on your mobile device wifi settings area.  The range extender is the bridge between your drone and your mobile device.  If you can see the wifi signal on your mobile device, that one is coming from the range extender.  So if "connection is broken", it's possible there is something wrong with the transmitter on the birdside.  I would message the guy in Seattle mentioned above since he claims to be a DJI-capable-tech and try to get his advice.  

Good luck.  
2018-9-20
Use props
dchicora1
lvl.1

United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-9-20 02:11
That's not the same problem.  His problem is a binding problem and yours is almost certainly a NAND chip problem on the camera board.  

1)  This might work for you, but even if it does, it will likely be only temporary.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2xWS5r1h1c

I have The Binding problem also sometimes. Sometimes when I go into the binding option it'll load up and show me that the camera is connected but other times when I go in there it tells me Wi-Fi repeater connection failed
2018-9-20
Use props
dchicora1
lvl.1

ok.  I think I figured out the binding and wifi dropping issue.  If the extender is getting low on charge, the wifi will act up.  Even though there was 20 to 30 % charge, it acts up.  Charged fully and wifi is stable.  Still have the no live video feed problem though.  Ordering the flashboard and will give a go for that problem.
2018-9-22
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

Egg camera update after doing quite a bit of research:  For the record re any future inquiries, there is no fix for the Phantom 2 Vision (circa 2013) FC200 egg camera "Black Screen Of Death" issue as far as a NAND flash.  Yes, the NAND needs to be flashed.  Yes, a flash would likely fix it.  But nobody in the western world has figured out how to flash it (yet).  So in summary there are something like 10,000 egg cameras out there in the world which have the black screen and which aren't worth a dime because they are irreparable as of now.  My understanding is there's a chance DJI would resolve the problem for free (flash the NAND or replace the camera) regardless of the expired warranty IF the camera is the original on that Phantom and IF the system hasn't been modded and IF you are the original owner.  Give them a call and see what happens.  Otherwise, DJI likely won't do it, at least not without being paid buku bucks.  Out.
2018-10-23
Use props
fans6424a971
lvl.3

Sweden

Have flash the wifiboard and it works one ore two times.  no i get "camera not connected" Cant take photo when thats showing.
maby i have a cable problem to??
2018-11-28
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

I assume you're talking about a P2V+

The important thing is to be sure to connect your mobile device to the Phantom's range extender wifi.   It might connect automatically and it might not.  If it doesn't, you must go in and connect manually.  You should see Phantom_XXXXXX in the wifi selections.  Give it some time to come up.  If it doesnt' come up, it could be you need to re-bind the range extender to the bird.  It might not make sense, but the RE will not show you a wifi signal unless it first senses a binded signal coming from the bird.  If you reset the RE, then you can see the Phantom_xxxxx wifi because it's looking to bind.  But then you'd have to bind the RE to the bird.  

Yes, it could be a cable.  If you crashed, some cable might have got pulled out of the plugs at the gimbal.  It also could be you need to re-bind the range extender to the camera.  

2018-11-28
Use props
fansc8a23087
New

Australia

If you dont follow the readme txt file the camera will not install you get a blank screen.  I failed to follow now it wont install the fireware.  DJI agents no help as I want to reset the camera.  Suggest look in the app for about and you will see if the camera is installed.  Any suggestions as to resetting the camera please?
2019-2-3
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

fansc8a23087 Posted at 2-3 16:39
If you dont follow the readme txt file the camera will not install you get a blank screen.  I failed to follow now it wont install the fireware.  DJI agents no help as I want to reset the camera.  Suggest look in the app for about and you will see if the camera is installed.  Any suggestions as to resetting the camera please?

I'm not aware of a way to "reset the camera."  

If you're concerned about the camera's FW version, the best thing to do is to connect your P2V to your desktop/laptop and bring up your DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant software.  From there, go to the Upgrade tab, and it will tell you the FW version of your camera and it will also prompt you with a FW update if you need one, but chances are, you don't.  

Good luck
2019-2-4
Use props
djiuser_qQyNOoqDJZJe
New

Australia

Freindship7 Posted at 2017-4-21 02:19
Hi all, I've attached the recovery procedure here that I used to restore FPV on my P2V+. Hopefully you all find this useful. If you have any queries with the information in the document then I'm happy to help. Good luck with fixing your Wi-Fi modules!

Hi Mate any chance you could email me the file as i cant seem to open it from here, adamjameshill90@gmail.com
Thanks
2019-2-13
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

Here's everything you need, courtesy of Okstuv:  https://sites.google.com/view/phantom-2-wifi-module-fix/home

There's also an excellent video on youtube showing step by step how to do the repair taken from the above linked site.  See post #302.

Good luck
2019-2-13
Use props
djiuser_ZkdKzheRQCzb
New

United States

Hi jonnybgood I’m new to the Phantom!! I’m also not good with computers! I’m having connection problem. when I just got the copter it asked for the SSID & Mac address but I did not know what it was asking!! Can you help me get to that screen again please!!! Also one person told me that there is a way to flesh the WIFY module if it has been turned off for a long time. Please any Help would be appreciated. And thank you for helping us domies. surfingnow08@yahoo.com you are welcome to send a message direct to me. Thank you Sir
2019-3-27
Use props
KrisV
New

Belgium

Hi guys!  I live in Belgium and just bought a second hand Phantom 2 Vision Plus.  Guess what: no image on my smartphone, but camera does store photo/video on SD-card perfectly.  Where can I have my drone repaired in Belgium. (or Netherlands maybe)   I don't want to spend a lot of money, obviously...   (ping to 192.168.1.1 and 2 work; 192.168.1.10 fails)
2019-3-29
Use props
djiuser_x3OFbA9aadd2
lvl.1

Indonesia

Friendship7 Posted at 2017-4-21 11:55
Hi again all. Sorry that so many of you cannot download the pdf, I don't understand why this is but I'll have to upload it somewhere else and send a link.

some time ago I bought P2V + from a relative because I still lay in the world of pilotless airplanes I bought and did not know it would happen like this, my complaints were also in FPV, after my hard work searching all this time I finally found this review, but why I can't go to the http://www.filedropper.com/diagnosingandrecoveringthedjip2vwi-fimodule link, give me a little help I don't know who else to ask, for me saving for a new plane takes a long time, if you are kind enough to me, my email address, / andriramanda15@gmail.com, thank you very much if you send me a file / fdf /
20000101000042_IMG_0048.JPG
2019-6-5
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

djiuser_ZkdKzheRQCzb Posted at 3-27 10:13
Hi jonnybgood I’m new to the Phantom!! I’m also not good with computers! I’m having connection problem. when I just got the copter it asked for the SSID & Mac address but I did not know what it was asking!! Can you help me get to that screen again please!!! Also one person told me that there is a way to flesh the WIFY module if it has been turned off for a long time. Please any Help would be appreciated. And thank you for helping us domies.  you are welcome to send a message direct to me. Thank you Sir

I was out of town when you posted this.  What exactly are you flying?
2019-6-5
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

KrisV Posted at 3-29 11:58
Hi guys!  I live in Belgium and just bought a second hand Phantom 2 Vision Plus.  Guess what: no image on my smartphone, but camera does store photo/video on SD-card perfectly.  Where can I have my drone repaired in Belgium. (or Netherlands maybe)   I don't want to spend a lot of money, obviously...   (ping to 192.168.1.1 and 2 work; 192.168.1.10 fails)

Any drone repair shop would be able to fix that.  Good luck.  
2019-6-5
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

djiuser_x3OFbA9aadd2 Posted at 6-5 10:24
some time ago I bought P2V + from a relative because I still lay in the world of pilotless airplanes I bought and did not know it would happen like this, my complaints were also in FPV, after my hard work searching all this time I finally found this review, but why I can't go to the http://www.filedropper.com/diagnosingandrecoveringthedjip2vwi-fimodule link, give me a little help I don't know who else to ask, for me saving for a new plane takes a long time, if you are kind enough to me, my email address, / andriramanda15@gmail.com, thank you very much if you send me a file / fdf /

Sounds like you have the black screen, correct?  Good telemetry but no FPV?  See post #312.  Good luck
2019-6-5
Use props
djiuser_x3OFbA9aadd2
lvl.1

Indonesia

Friendship7 Posted at 2017-4-21 12:03
Here is the link to the file:

http://www.filedropper.com/diagnosingandrecoveringthedjip2vwi-fimodule

I am a person who is blind to technological knowledge, I can only buy this pilotless aircraft with used conditions, which I got from a used media provider and how disappointed I was after trying for the first time that FPV on my phantom did not work well, is there anyone will help me, so that I can feel good again like the first time I got this phantom, besides FPV all the functions of my plane are still functioning properly, finally because of that curiosity took me to this forum, and once again how disappointed I am when I can't downloading files that give me repairs to FPV problems, my P2V + phantom, give me a little knowledge about it, so that these people cannot fool us who are blind to knowledge, your kindness is in my email, / andriramanda15@gmail.com. Thank you for giving me a little about this review.
2019-6-6
Use props
djiuser_wZP0ZvTfnPCN
lvl.1

United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-3-5 04:28
So, in summary, is this widespread problem a result of a forced update?  I have both a P2V and a P2V+ with no problems, but I fly both my ACs all the time and haven't used a DJI flight app since 2015.  Could that be why I am not having problems?

How can you fly & use camera functions without a app???    Thanks
2019-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules