Map cache - use
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Richard in Bois
lvl.3
Flight distance : 34721 ft
  • >>>
United States

it doesn't appear that the DJI Go application can use Google Off Line Maps but it would be wonderful it it could.  There does not seem to be a way to control the map caching of the DJI Go application but you can control which Google maps you store offline on your device.

Would DJI address this question and consider the possibility of using Google Off Line Maps if at all possible?

Thank you...
2016-3-17
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Just open the app, go to the map window and look around the area you are interested in at the detail level you want.
That's it ... you just cached a map.
2016-3-17
Use props
Richard in Bois
lvl.3
Flight distance : 34721 ft
  • >>>
United States

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-3-17 21:21
Just open the app, go to the map window and look around the area you are interested in at the detail ...

That works to a point but do several areas and some get deleted.  You don't seem to have any control over which areas are stored and which are not.  
2016-3-17
Use props
sinbad_uk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117343 ft
United Kingdom

We need a 'Cache this location' button! please implement something.

Cheers,

Tony
2016-3-17
Use props
Kit Walker
lvl.3

Australia

I have the same problem since day 1
2016-3-17
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Kit Walker Posted at 2016-3-18 11:45
I have the same problem since day 1

If you are using Apple, do you have Cache Maps in Background enabled in the app?
2016-3-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Even with it is turned on, in the Go app. Yeah, it's still intermittent, and never a for-sure option.
I have cached my scheduled flight area maps numerous times, and they don't always appear, when at the actual flight areas.
Not sure what causes the discrepancy of reliability. Wish this glitche could be addressed and eventually fixed.

RedHotPoker
2016-3-17
Use props
Kit Walker
lvl.3

Australia

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-3-18 11:53
If you are using Apple, do you have Cache Maps in Background enabled in the app?

Thank you for the reply Lab.

Yes, I have that option enabled. I have removed GO, and reinstalled, updated multiple times since June 2015 and nothing has ever changed.

There's another thread about it here.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-28164-1-1.html

2016-3-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules