Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Question Concerning Setting/Setup For DJI App
2293 19 2015-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
svencool
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6690 ft
United States

I was trying to think of a title that everyone could use and ask questions about the different things within the app. That way they can all be grouped together and easy to find for future ref anyway here's my questions.

I live in the US and under the general settings for the Anti-Flicker should it be set to 60Hz instead of 50 is I think the default?

Next question as far as the Cache Map In The Background do it leave that on all the time or when connected to wifi go to an area and look at a map of where I want to fly so that map will be present when I'm flying? Not really sure how to use it Thanks for any help

Mike

2015-1-10
Use props
Blade_Strike
First Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mike

The anti-flicker should be 60Hz or just auto. Just for indoor use around florescent lights.

Correct just leave map caching on. Visit the planned area before disconnecting wifi.
2015-1-10
Use props
svencool
Second Officer
United States

Thanks Blade,
Another Question reguarding IMU, Under Sensors my Gryo has all 0.00 all the way across which I believe that's good. Below is a Calibrate, there are 3 buttons
1. Check IMU
2. Basic
3. Advanced

When would I want to Check IMU? or do Basic or Advanced? Thanks for any insight to this. Just trying to learn every aspect before I take it out and just fly it....

Mike
2015-1-10
Use props
Blade_Strike
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

If you started to see drifting as an example. I would then suggest to do an advance calibration.
2015-1-10
Use props
mt520
New

United Kingdom

Blade_Strike Posted at 2015-1-11 00:53
If you started to see drifting as an example. I would then suggest to do an advance calibration.

hi i have just got a phantom fc 40 but when i try to charge the battery it just flashes green !!! can anybody help
2015-1-10
Use props
Blade_Strike
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

If you post in the phantom section you will get more help.
2015-1-10
Use props
jackiedh
First Officer
Flight distance : 83589314 ft
  • >>>
United States

svencool Posted at 2015-1-11 00:41
Thanks Blade,
Another Question reguarding IMU, Under Sensors my Gryo has all 0.00 all the way across ...

Should there not be any values in there?
2015-1-10
Use props
Blade_Strike
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Under gyro 0's is normal
2015-1-10
Use props
svencool
Second Officer
United States

Well took Inspire outside as it got to 20 degrees and did preflight and cal the compass. Everything went great it flew rock solid no drifting went really well. Question is it suppose to show me how many satalites I'm connected to? if not I see the signal strength bars but for some reason I thought I seen a video some where, where it had a number above them... Thanks ahead of time..

Mike
2015-1-10
Use props
ashley.j.manton
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Hi blade could I ask you my anti flicker is on. Should it be on for outdoor use or not. Excuse the dumbass question
2015-1-10
Use props
Blade_Strike
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

@svencool
for some reason they took the sat count out.. I'm very bummed over this as well.

2015-1-10
Use props
Blade_Strike
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ashley

Just leave it to auto
2015-1-10
Use props
ashley.j.manton
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Thanks for that blade. Just another quick one. Would you know why my landing gear would go down half way through a flight with battery about 60%. I have toggle the landing gear button down then click it back it an the gear will raise again. Weird but been happening a couple of times. And this dam gimbal twitching mid flight. I spoke to DJI and they are sending a replacement unit out asap.  Very helpful anyway
2015-1-10
Use props
Blade_Strike
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

What's your altitude and what type of surface are you flying over?
2015-1-10
Use props
svencool
Second Officer
United States

Blade_Strike Posted at 2015-1-11 07:40
@svencool
for some reason they took the sat count out.. I'm very bummed over this as well.

Yea that would have been very nice to see. Maybe that's something they can add back in on a firmware update. So if everything is normal you will just see the white or gray bars and when they turn red you have poor reception would this be accurate? BTW Thanks Blade!!!!!

Mike
2015-1-10
Use props
travissrt
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18326348 ft
  • >>>
United States

Blade_Strike Posted at 2015-1-11 07:40
@svencool

Mine still shows number of Satellites but I was told i'm on latest version of app/firmware (Android app)?  
2015-1-10
Use props
svencool
Second Officer
United States

travissrt@gmail Posted at 2015-1-11 12:24
Mine still shows number of Satellites but I was told i'm on latest version of app/firmware (Androi ...

I think it was a great idea to have that in there. My opinion more info is good! When you have $3k flying around in the air!!!
2015-1-10
Use props
svencool
Second Officer
United States

Well here is a link to my first outside Flight. I will be going somewhere tomorrow to shoot some video with Inspire. I just wanted to test it out and see how it handled. I tell you what this baby is solid as a ROCK!!!! I'm going to have some fun with it Thanks DJI for Taking the extra time to make a quality product!!!!!
http://youtu.be/Vp65DaVRMsQ
2015-1-10
Use props
mlglisson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

svencool Posted at 2015-1-11 13:21
Well here is a link to my first outside Flight. I will be going somewhere tomorrow to shoot some vid ...

Just watched your video Hope you get to stretch your wings soon.
2015-1-11
Use props
svencool
Second Officer
United States

mlglisson@hotma Posted at 2015-1-12 01:16
Just watched your video Hope you get to stretch your wings soon.

I am hoping to today as it's warmed up to 31 with a high of 33 today.
2015-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules