10736 97 2016-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ari_za
lvl.2
Flight distance : 77300 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

I do not have the Joystick Control Direction in my app please help! I am on latest app version and OSMO version as you can see in the screenshot

Thanks

2016-3-18
Use props
rodAndTheCat
Second Officer

New Zealand

dennismurry08@c Posted at 2016-3-19 08:17
The zoom feature is pretty choppy...tried the finger method and the digital....the latter I don't ge ...

Hi Dennis,
I think the Chinese have a language problem here. It does work but it is not a zoom- it is a variable focal length. That is to say you cannot smooth live zoom in the true sense of the word, but rather select a different digital focal length for your shots.  Nice feature though if used sparingly.
Rod and the cat
2016-3-18
Use props
rodAndTheCat
Second Officer

New Zealand

DJI Tim, some unexpected bonuses in here well done! Update uploaded via SD card and all seems to be great. (On android the software does not advise of the update but I prefer SD card update anyway.)

Tim , the cat and I are very happy!! {:2_31:}

Rod and the cat
2016-3-18
Use props
lucianomazzei
New

I'm just finished my Osmo update,  works perfectly,  I love it, just got the Osmo 3 days ago, thanks DJI.......
2016-3-18
Use props
Kalifornia
Ban Posts

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-3-18
Use props
FreddyS
lvl.1

Mexico

Just did the update via SD card and all went smooth, recording day tomorrow, yeah!
2016-3-18
Use props
ajmeier
lvl.1

No firmware installed, tested and pleased with the improvements. Thank you DJI for listening to your customers!
2016-3-18
Use props
Solitaire
lvl.4
Australia

Rick-Mattie Posted at 2016-3-19 02:55
New update has lowered the audio way Down. I use a Rode mic and now need to set it to +20 just to ge ...

I love the update - some really good improvements.

After the update I had to take the mic level from 30 to around 75 in order to get a reasonable output level.

The gain settings are from the Camera settings menu. Check out this thread..
Forum thread here
2016-3-19
Use props
TravisSRT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68555177 ft
  • >>>

simler Posted at 2016-3-18 06:50
I can't pan in flashlight mode after update

Nor can I!
2016-3-19
Use props
david
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Hi
I updated the Osmo software last night and all seemed to go well...althought the process finished with the solid green light but with a series of 3 bleeps that cycled until I turned off the Osmo...upon restart and connection to the GO app the video link is now frozen or very slow (20/30 secs out of step).
I am using an Iphone 6 with the latest OS...not sure what has gone wrong but the video link worked perfectly before the update!!

2016-3-19
Use props
renmedalhk
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Updated using the SD card method and everything went well. got a solid green camera status light after some minutes. Restarted the Osmo and connected to it. All the promised features appear to be present. However, the firmware version is listed as "unknown". apart from that the new firmware seems to be working fine. Should I re-install the firmware? How would I be able to do that? My Osmo seems to be already on the latest firmware.
2016-3-19
Use props
kyndestad
New
Switzerland

I tried the install via SD card - it seems like it worked but I now see the oldest version in my DJI Go app.  My install.txt file looks like this - I tried to reinstall and it just aborts saying the latest version is already installed.

Result: Success.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:08 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: OSMO_FW_V01.04.01.80.bin
Upgrading ...

Packet: OSMO_FW_V01.05.02.00.bin
Upgrading ...

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:09 remo-con disconnect======
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the device.

Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the device.

I have the latest DJI Go software installed - any ideas?
2016-3-19
Use props
999jean
New

Netherlands

Hi,
I've updated the Osmo firmware with the micro SD method and also the i-phone app.
All seems to work fine but when I checked the firmware versions I found out it was still 1.0.1.19+.
I do have the new features of the update, though.
Did I do something wrong?

In the OSMO_FW_RESULT_AB.txt file it shows the upgrade succeeded.

========== 2016.03.19 13:24:03 =====================
Upgrading ...
IMG_1323.PNG
2016-3-19
Use props
kyndestad
New

999jean Posted at 2016-3-20 01:22
Hi,
I've updated the Osmo firmware with the micro SD method and also the i-phone app.
All seems to w ...

I posted the same issue right above - hope someone has an answer ;)
2016-3-19
Use props
alibali1701
lvl.1

United Kingdom

OSMO WI-FI not connecting after upgrading to 1.5.2.0 firmware - now sometime it will connect and ask for the password 12341234 then connect then drop and sometime it won't work at all asking me for the password over and over again when using the last firmware it connected fine!!
Tried this on my iPhone 6 and mini iPad - reset the OSMO reset the iPhone - installed the previous firmware and still nothing!
Also when if I do get it connected if i go outside with the phone and the OSMO it looses the signal? Even though they are 2 feet from each other
Not al all happy with this new firmware as it has now bricked my OSMO
2016-3-19
Use props
River One
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7691722 ft
  • >>>
United States

new firmware installed fine . BUT NOW I HAVE NO AUDIO CONTROLS UNDER "CAMERA" SETTINGS?? NOTHING --- I HAVE TRIED WITH AND WITHOUT EXTERNAL MIC .. NOTHING ON THE DJI GO APP! Any suggestions for a newbie to Osmo would be appreciated. Thanking you in advance.
2016-3-19
Use props
dennismurry08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

rodAndTheCat Posted at 2016-3-18 16:06
Hi Dennis,
I think the Chinese have a language problem here. It does work but it is not a zoom- it ...

Agreed..I like the update...no complaints...only wish the zoom feature was a true zoom...maybe next update.
2016-3-19
Use props
River One
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7691722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ouch . I cannot seem to find any "audio" settings under camera since the new update?? Not even with external mic in ?? Any suggestions guys would be appreciated. Thanking you in advance.
2016-3-19
Use props
ping1240
New

United States

I tried to update my Osmo and nothing happened.  Now when I power the osmo on there are no lights or control but the fan runs.  what do I do ????  I have to pull the battery to turn it off
2016-3-19
Use props
rodAndTheCat
Second Officer

New Zealand

Hi Folks,
well a little trial today showed the sound sync holding at 6 minutes which is dramatically better than before. The fan does shut off but using the flexi mic there is still too much HF hiss to make it of any use professionally.  I will try one of my pro Lavaliers and report back. I hope it is the mic and not the sound recording system.
Must go now the cat is demanding dinner!

Rod and the cat.
2016-3-19
Use props
fpfx
New

United States

Hello,

I have been trying to update to the 1.50 firmware but keep failing with the notes saying the bin file is corrupted. I have tried downloading multiple times from the dji site and using different sd cards. Is there any way to get support?

2016-3-20
Use props
fredlaw
lvl.2
Flight distance : 486155 ft
Australia

I did the update and it all seems to work except on the abut section in the Go App it says firmware version1.0.1.19+ the software is 2.71 on IOS  so the question is am I reporting the right firmware , have I got the latest or is this normal?
Appreciate any help
thanks
Fred
2016-3-20
Use props
gaphotoart
New

United States

Hi Tim,
I have tried to update to this firmware all day and the Osmo will not take it! I have followed all the steps you and the website have provided.
1. I formatted the micro sd card in the Osmo.
2. uploaded new firmware from web site.
3. added the .bin file to the micro sd card.
4. turned on the Osmo with sd card inserted.
5. I get a green power light and a yellow blinking light on the other side with 2 beeps after to yellow blinks.
6. After 30 minutes nothing had changed.
7. I checked the text notes and it did not update.
2016-3-20
Use props
gaphotoart
New

United States

bobasbury Posted at 2016-3-18 09:59
I have tried to update several times.  I tried downloading to SD and installing that way.  Once it f ...

I am having the same issue with updating. The Osmo and DJI are new to me so could you explain the update process to me again. I am not sure what you are talking about. I have the same firmware showing on mine. 1.01.19+ Do I have to update to an older firmware first and then update to the newest one?

Thank you
Gary
2016-3-20
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hterag Posted at 2016-3-18 21:55
How long does the battery last with the X5 camera attached? I imagine they're delaying it because th ...

When the adaptor comes out, you'll find out.
Please pay attention to DJI official website for the official release.
2016-3-20
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

danny.bolivar Posted at 2016-3-18 22:41
I did the firmware upgrade, but I have problems with the video, freezes, with the previous firmware  ...

Hello!
When you encounter this kind of issue, for the normal video, please check the quality of the original files in the SD card, if the original files is OK, then the problem may be out of you mobile device, it depends on the situation. If there's something wrong with the videos in the SD card, please upload the video so that we can help to analyze it.
If you have the similar problem in Timelapse, please note that it has been designed in the latest version v1.5.2.0 that the live view only display the picture captured at the moment so that the user can review the quality of the video in time.
2016-3-20
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

alibali1701 Posted at 2016-3-18 23:09
Won't connect to wifi now after update! arghhhhh

Please make sure you've update the firmware successfully. After several trial without help, please use these combo operation: Trigger + Record + Power SwitchUpdate the DJI GO App to the latest version, please.

When you refresh the network list, can you always find the SSID of the Osmo WiFi? Before the upgrade, can you connect to the Osmo WiFi successfully? Or maybe you can connect to it correctly after the upgrading sometimes?
Any more feedback or description about your problem will be appreciated!

2016-3-20
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

mazurlazer Posted at 2016-3-18 23:20
Unfortunately, the update has the same 40% failure problem that the previous updates have had. I c ...

Right now, we still need to use the SD card in the camera to upgrade the latest firmware version v1.5.2.0
During the upgrading, please always mount the X3 camera since the whole set including the camera, gimbal and the handle will be upgraded at the same time.
We'd like to hear of more further feedback about the latest version from you.

As for the X5 camera, I'm sorry to keep you waiting. Please keep paying attention to our official release of the adaptor.

Thanks for your understanding!
2016-3-20
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

robind_r Posted at 2016-3-19 05:38
Very pleased with latest upgrade of firmware.
I like the ability to turn off the fan  automaticall ...

Thanks for your comment!

We'll keep improving the quality in the future!
2016-3-20
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Rick-Mattie Posted at 2016-3-19 02:55
New update has lowered the audio way Down. I use a Rode mic and now need to set it to +20 just to ge ...

In the latest DJI GO App, please tap the Camera icon, scroll down and find the Audio control, you can adjust the audio volume in it.
2016-3-20
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

patepoo Posted at 2016-3-19 02:28
I have been attempting to run the firmware update, but it is not working.  By which I mean, it won't ...

At present, the latest firmware upgrade can't process via the DJI GO App, well, it's expected to be ready in the near future.

Please download the assistant firmware at http://www.dji.com/product/osmo/info#downloads and extract the *.bin file into the root directory of your SD card and follow the other procedures in the Firmware Upgrade Guide.
2016-3-20
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

bobasbury Posted at 2016-3-19 00:59
I have tried to update several times.  I tried downloading to SD and installing that way.  Once it f ...

Any feedback will be appreciated!
2016-3-20
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

bobasbury Posted at 2016-3-19 00:59

You'd better remove all the *.bin files and format your SD card again for normal using.
2016-3-20
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

markbatey Posted at 2016-3-19 00:40
Audio sync issue still appears to be a problem for me after firmware upgrade. After 10sec audio is o ...

We've received some pretty good feedback about the synchronization issue.
If the situation is really bad in your side, please upload the original files to us for judgement.
Thanks!
2016-3-20
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

wilberggarmendi Posted at 2016-3-19 03:10
.        Video downlink optimized for enhanced live streaming. How you use this with the app cause I dont s ...

Sorry for the confusion!
This feature here means the live feed in the DJI GO App has been optimized, but not live-stream broadcasting.
2016-3-20
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

999jean Posted at 2016-3-20 01:22
Hi,
All seems to w ...

The solution is: after the upgrade, open the DJI GO App, connect to the Internet first and then connect to your Osmo, please.
2016-3-20
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

david@davidburg Posted at 2016-3-19 23:29
Hi
I updated the Osmo software last night and all seemed to go well...althought the process finished ...

Please clear your mobile device and the SD card, reboot the Osmo and re-open the App.
Any further information will be appreciated!
2016-3-20
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

ari_za Posted at 2016-3-19 06:35
I do not have the Joystick Control Direction in my app please help! I am on latest app version and O ...

Have you tried to reboot the App?
Have you fixed the problem?
Wait for your answer.
2016-3-21
Use props
rjduino28
lvl.2
Philippines

I've done this update. Flawless. such a great improvements and fixes. all 19 major updates tested and worked as it should. Now Im looking forward for additional features like the 360 spherical panorama , Dynamic movement timelapse and programmable gimbal movement. those are the good potentials this osmo can have and great features that can make it so unique. Thank you DJI..!
2016-3-21
Use props
bobasbury
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1140502 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-3-21 14:40
Any feedback will be appreciated!

It's nice to get such exciting updates.  Cool just got cooler!  Usually, firmware updates only contain the ever-exciting "bug fixes", usually for bugs I didn't know I had.  But the new Osmo firmware update is like giving existing owners some new toys!

Firmware updates and hardware releases (including the Phantom) make one thing clear:  DJI is listening to the input from their customers.
2016-3-21
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules