Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Crash Repair info P3Pro
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
waxking1
lvl.1

United States

Phantom 3 was about 2 weeks old when crash happened.  Was flying in front of my house(rural area) about 20 feet off the ground when I heard a screeching sound and the P3 went upside down and straight to the turf.  No damage to camera since it landed on the props but had deformation to part of the casing on one of the arms.   Anyway the P3 is with DJI now for repair, not repaired yet but the latest update says free of charge.  Will DJI give info about what caused this crash or just repair it and send it back?  I would really like to know what went wrong.
2016-3-17
Use props
nigelw
First Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

You need to ask them if you want to know, but even then, they're not likely to tell you about a glitch it their software or poor manufacturing quality control, which is what it will be for them to honour the warranty.
2016-3-17
Use props
grisal79
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1983120 ft
Italy

The important thing is that they are conscientious and repair under warranty! Also it happened to me a crash and the flight parameters, I was able to verify that the problem was related to a wrong assessment by the compass. DJI has sent a new p3, and I have no questions to them!
2016-3-17
Use props
waxking1
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for your input.  I think one of the motors may have locked up but that's just a guess.  I also wonder with all the case crack issues if stress may have been a factor.
2016-3-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules