Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Thought came to mind with FAA Registered Drones
623 1 2016-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thumb
Second Officer
United States

I don't know why this popped into my mind but I was wondering that if your Drone is registered with the FAA, would you have any recourse with someone that willfully tried
to cause you to crash your drone? Something like shooting at it, trying to jam the signal, shining a laser at you, coming up to you and assaulting you or trying to grab the RC from you or anything else that would cause damage. I would think(and I say think) that since it is a registered aircraft that you also have some recourse if you were not doing anything illegal.
I guess maybe what I'm getting at would be if it would be a plus if the drone was registered.

Now I don't want to get into any disscussion about if you should register your drone or not, that's not the point, do what you want.

2016-3-17
Use props
ArtistFirst
Second Officer
Flight distance : 986716 ft
United States

From a legal stand point, you would have the imputus to show that happens. It's a good thought and if if happened, hopefully the logs should show it. Take note DJI, this needs to be recorded. If someone shoots down the bird and it can't be proven that happened, pilot is responsible for negligent manslaughter. It's almost how you are responsible for personal liability if someone is driving your car and they kill someone with it. Unless drunk, the liability is on the registered owner. Very good point.
2016-3-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules