Need some advice after updating inspire 1
700 3 2016-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mathiasb
New

Norway

I updated my inspire 1, battery and remote control from some old updates to the newest one. It killed one battery (TB48). The other standard battery is now telling me it has a cell damage. The cell damaged battery was not even installed in the drone under the upgrade. I just purchased a new TB48 and i am now afraid the drone will brake this new one as well.
Does anybody have any good ideas?

2016-3-17
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

The new firmware includes some new error codes and changes the way the batteries report back to the App. Can you put your TB48 on charge and completely charge it up? Also, completely charge the TB47...

Once the batteries are charged up, put them into your Inspire 1 and fly them completely down to about 10% or lower if you can. Then charge them back up and recheck the batteries history in the App. They should report back good status.

Sometimes you need to reboot the device and restart the App, also, others have uninstalled the
App and installed it fresh to fix this issue.

Rich
2016-3-17
Use props
mathiasb
New

Norway

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-3-17 21:39
The new firmware includes some new error codes and changes the way the batteries report back to the  ...

Ok. Is it safe to fly even if the app is saying that the battery has cell damage? I will try it anyway tomorrow. Thanks Rich
2016-3-17
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

mathiasb@live.n Posted at 2016-3-17 14:03
Ok. Is it safe to fly even if the app is saying that the battery has cell damage? I will try it an ...

I would just keep this in a low hover with the landing gear down in case you need to land quickly. Put your battery info on the screen while you are flying and you can monitor the battery cell voltage while you are flying. Make sure you stop the low battery RTH when it pops up. This will discharge the pack down for you enough to get the battery cycled from 7-10%

This is not just theory,  I have done this procedure without any issues.

You can always land if you run into a problem with the battery or if you are not sure what is going on.

Rich
2016-3-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules