Video Turns out in Slow Motion on Youtube
1244 7 2016-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
I1ADDICT
lvl.2

United States

When I shoot in 4k at 30fps, it's still showing up as slow motion.  So for example, I shoot a 5 minute video and it comes out as 20+ minutes and is in slow motion.  So I need to upload it to youtube, then change the speed there and resave it.  
I tried this with 1080p 120 fps, which I get would make it slow mo...but why the 4k setting does it do that?  Any idea's?  So frustrating to go through all this and then get back, get it posted and a "WTH?!" moment.  So I am racking my brain here...googled it and no one seems to have a  good answer.  Youtube help blames my camera but it's done it on 2  different X3's now.  

Anyways, sorry if it's been covered before.  

2016-3-18
Use props
Harb
lvl.3

Australia

got a link to the youtube video ?
2016-3-18
Use props
I1ADDICT
lvl.2

United States

Harb Posted at 2016-3-18 16:28
got a link to the youtube video ?

Yes sir, here ya go.  Keep in mind, this video had the settings of "4k - 24fps", so no matter what, it's odd it only comes out to 1080p as the highest resolution.

Here's the 4k Video when it slows it down on upload:

Here it is after I apply the 4x time lapse and re-render it:

Any idea's would be helpful and greatly appreciated.  Youtubes help system really sucks.  I keep getting formed responses and canned messages.

Thanks in advance Harb!   Have a g'day Mate!

Steve
2016-3-19
Use props
Harb
lvl.3

Australia

Thats really weird......I am not in my edit suite at the moment....just got home from a birthday party, so I will get a better look at it tomorrow and get back on what I can find......cheers
2016-3-19
Use props
I1ADDICT
lvl.2

United States

As always, any and all help is appreciated.  Thanks in advance and no rush at all........sleep well bud.
2016-3-19
Use props
Harb
lvl.3

Australia

no worries cheers
2016-3-19
Use props
Harb
lvl.3

Australia

Ok I had a bit of a look and its a weird one.
I first want to say I don't use YouTube anymore, haven't done for years.....just way to many limitations for my use, so I use Vimeo, its way better.
On Download the videos reports this....

First Video

First Video

Second Video

Second Video
2016-3-19
Use props
Harb
lvl.3

Australia

Harb Posted at 2016-3-20 10:10
Ok I had a bit of a look and its a weird one.
I first want to say I don't use YouTube anymore, haven ...

First thing to look at is if your footage is recorded as Progressive or interlaced.......check that, then check your output settings on your editor.
I wonder if your Project settings are telling the render engine to render at 30frames per second and as a result giving you slowMo video on the output.....also there has been a resolution change....first one is 720.
Can you double check your project settings....it may be just something you have overlooked.....happens all the time.
This is what YouTube is asking you to do....... It definately wants you to Deinterlace before uploading.

Screen Shot 2016-03-20 at 9.56.12 AM.png
2016-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules