Inspire firmware 1.7.0.90 FAILED
2703 21 2016-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tracelink
lvl.1

South Africa

I received an email on 18/03/2016 and proceeded to upgrade my     Inspire to use firmware 1.7.0.90.

The upgrade for the craft went with no problem and I got a "Result:     Success." in the text file on the SD card.

I then connected my device to the controller, switched it on and     open the Go app. The status told me to upgrade the controller. I     proceeded to use the app to download and install the firmware. At     the end the controller LED on the left turned a light green and     disconnected from the device (cellular phone).

Now the LED remains in a light green state and I can do nothing with     it. If I turn the controller on the GoApp tels me to upgrade and install, I have tried to install the firmware again using the cell phone bu the     controller simply disconnects from the device and nothing happens.
I have also tried     using an USB device to upgrade but nothing happens, it's almost as if the USB port is not working or if the controller is stuck.

What must I do now, I am stuck. Can anybody give me some advice please?

2016-3-18
Use props
spartanrecon1
New
United States

Tracelink....  I am in the same position.  I will give DJI a call on Monday when they are open.  I was hoping someone else had posted a fix...

Johnny
2016-3-18
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Try a different device like an I-pad,  The Go App is a snap to upload and use a Wi-Fi internet connection for the upload to the RC transmitter.  Make sur Aircraft is off during RC transmitter upload.

Worth a shot-

good Luck - donnie
2016-3-19
Use props
FictitiousPerso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303356 ft
Austria

I take it this is updated ok, a bit confusing about the + sign???
Version.jpg
2016-3-19
Use props
Movin on
lvl.4
Flight distance : 173455 ft

United States

FictitiousPerso Posted at 2016-3-19 06:27

Camera version should be 1.7.00.90.
2016-3-19
Use props
aleko.peipsi
New

Sweden

FictitiousPerso Posted at 2016-3-19 15:27

I have exactly the same problem! Can not update the latest firmware!

Txt file says:
========== 2014.01.01 00:00:06 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: WM610_FW_V01.07.00.90.bin
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the device.

I suppose, DJI must release the WF fix as soon as possible!

However I had no problem with OSMO FW update.
2016-3-19
Use props
FictitiousPerso
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Tried for hours to get it to update camera to 1.7.00.90 but no joy
2016-3-19
Use props
tracelink
lvl.1

South Africa

FictitiousPerso Posted at 2016-3-19 21:27

Hi FictitiousPerso.

I don't think it updated, the Aircraft and Camera should say 1.7.00.90
2016-3-19
Use props
FictitiousPerso
lvl.4
Austria

tracelink@vodam Posted at 2016-3-19 17:02
Hi FictitiousPerso.

I know! I'll try again tomorrow
2016-3-19
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

tracelink@vodam Posted at 2016-3-19 12:02
Hi FictitiousPerso.

Only the camera will have the Update (1.7....)  the + sign from what I understand means the update is complete it just needs to confirm with dji servers, this sometimes takes a couple days According to the DJI folks.  The Aircraft Firmware remains at 1.6.00.  

I am in the same boat-  Donnie
2016-3-19
Use props
spartanrecon1
New
United States

I tried the update with a friends iphone.  I think it may have worked.  I will try to connect tomorrow (left my bird at home).
2016-3-19
Use props
JCD
lvl.1

United States

spartanrecon1 Posted at 2016-3-19 18:49
I tried the update with a friends iphone.  I think it may have worked.  I will try to connect tomorr ...

I am having the same problems and the text message on the SD card says failed.  
2016-3-20
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

In  the future try and use a WI-FI  fixed internet connection.  I use my homes WI-FI internet connection because I always find the cellular network to be unreliable especially for a large amount of data.  Could you perhaps try it on a Fixed WI-FI connection.  

I am sorry for your troubles- Donnie
2016-3-20
Use props
tracelink
lvl.1

South Africa

THIS IS THE EMAIL I SENT TO THE DJI SUPPORT DESK AFTER THEY TOLD ME THAT THE CONTROLLER IS FAULTY.

I have managed to work out the problem using the the following solution:

Make sure that everything is switched off except the phone but make sure that the Go App is not running on the background

Make sure the the Go App is the default app that will always start when the controller is switched on

Press C1, C2, record and the wheel on the right side of the controller and then turn ON the controller and hold the buttons in until the app starts up.

Open the aircraft Status and click on the upgrade link.

The controller will disconnect from the device, thats what I thought, but if you just leave the controller on, it starts to update very very slowly.

The upgrade then runs for about 40 min and at the end the green light comes on.

I have done this with both the controllers and they are now working.
I have noticed the following:
If I plug my device into the controller and switch it on nothing happens. I have to switch the controller on first and then plug the device in. You can ask your developers to check the initial state for the USB port of the controller when you switch it on, I think they have slipped up on setting the initial state to active.
2016-3-22
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

tracelink@vodam Posted at 2016-3-22 05:14
THIS IS THE EMAIL I SENT TO THE DJI SUPPORT DESK AFTER THEY TOLD ME THAT THE CONTROLLER IS FAULTY.

Did you hold all four buttons down and then your GO app started ?  Did you still have the 4 buttons pushed down when you went to the Re-link page ?  A little more detail please, and I dont understand what you mean by " The Go app is default when you turn on the RC "   do you mean just have it ready  to go ?

Is it like this scenario " Press all four buttons down  and turn on the RC while holding the four buttons down, now open the go app ( while still holding down the 4 buttons) Now let go of the four buttons and Press the Re-link button?  Is this correct ?
***What do you mean by upgrade Link?   Do you mean RC re -link ?

I know the order is critical, please help a brother out here, thanks- donnie
2016-3-22
Use props
rbabcock19
lvl.2
Flight distance : 233993 ft
United States

I had a similar problem after updating the aircraft.  I had a notification that said I needed to update the firmware on the controller.  I tried unsuccessfully on my tablet to download the firmware (dji go app told me firmware was downloaded but then another option to upgrade firmware did not work)  I tried my phone and it immediately downloaded and upgraded the controller within a few minutes at most.  In my case it was using another device to get the firmware upgraded on the controller
2016-3-22
Use props
supplie
New

Malaysia

I update both bird & RC, the result is success, but after i update my samsung GT-N5100 from DJI GO v2.4.1 to v2.7.0 from google play, both RC & HD signal is full but got no live view on the screen, latter i downgrade it to v2.4.1 and it works, anyone using android got the same problem? Please advice
2016-3-22
Use props
Burlingtonfilms
lvl.4
Flight distance : 108550 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Lots of people having problems with this update.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.p ... ;type=3&theater
2016-3-22
Use props
tracelink
lvl.1

South Africa

Donnie Posted at 2016-3-22 21:41
Did you hold all four buttons down and then your GO app started ?  Did you still have the 4 buttons ...

Hi Donnie

I used my Android tablet. When using Android you must enable the developer mode to get the USB to work with the controller.
I have the following apps that is used by the controller:
Go App from DJI
Litchi - Best app ever
Vertical Studio - Best follow POI function ever

Android will ask you, when you switch the controller on, what app to use. You get two options, Just once and Always. I selected the Always option for the Go App to make sure that it is always used when the controller is switched on.

Follow these steps, please read them carefully.

Step 1:
Make sure that everything is switched off except the phone and make sure that the Go App is not running in the background

Step 2:
Make sure the the Go App is the default app that will always start when the controller is switched on. (Read at the explanation above)

Step 3:
Press C1, C2, record and the wheel on the right side of the controller and then turn ON the controller and hold the buttons in until the Go App starts up. You can now let go of the buttons.
!! THIS STEP IS VERY IMPORTANT !!

Step 4:
Open the Aircraft Status in the Go App. You will see that the app will tell you that you need to upgrade the firmware. Open the upgrade area and click on the upgrade link.

Step 5:
The controller will disconnect from the device but will connect again if you just leave the controller on and the Go App open in the same screen in Step 4, the upgrade will start to update very very slowly.

Step 6:
The upgrade then runs for about 40 min and at the end the green light comes on.

It is very important that you follow these steps  and not close the Go App or switch your controller off until you get to the end of step 6.

!! You must have patience and just wait !!

I hope that this will help. I had to do this with two controllers that had the same problem and it worked for both of them. It took me about a day to get the steps 100% after DJI said that the controller is faulty and I need to return it for repair. :@  How stupid do they think we are, what is the chance of two controllers going faulty on the same day in a span of one hour and this after I did an update that they said I needed to do......
Raymond
2016-3-22
Use props
don.donsherry
New

United States

No luck updating to v1.7.0.90. The file is properly placed in the root directory of the SD card. But when the aircraft is powered up, no signals indicating an update is in progress. There is no error message on the SD card. And I am updating to this version in the proper sequence. Is this just a bad firmware update, or is there something else I need to do? Was successful in updating the controller.
2016-3-22
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

tracelink@vodam Posted at 2016-3-22 13:14
Hi Donnie

I used my Android tablet. When using Android you must enable the developer mode to get t ...

Thank  you very much Raymond,  I started helping another Forum member and copied and pasted your post to his page.
This has been the update from Hell !

Thank you-  Donnie
2016-3-22
Use props
marcsobel
lvl.1

United States

If your control is bricked then put this https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/RC/C1_FW_V01.05.0080.bin on a USB stick and plug it into the controller.
2016-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules