Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
1st Gen iPad Mini with Phantom 4?
7110 6 2016-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sdchew
lvl.4

Singapore

The new Phantom 4 looks great and I was thinking of using an old iPad mini I have lying around for the remote display.

Does anyone know if it would work well? Or do I need something with more hefty processing power to work?

Thanks
2016-3-18
Use props
dkruseski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 791184 ft
United States

According to the Apple website, it should work.

http://www.apple.com/shop/produc ... 568e0dbdd4a063299e2
2016-3-18
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

dkruseski Posted at 2016-3-19 15:44
According to the Apple website, it should work.

http://www.apple.com/shop/product/HJWF2LL/A/dji-pha ...

Yes, but Apple are wrong, the original iPad Mini is not powerful enough to run the Go App, you need a Mini 2 at minimum.
2016-3-18
Use props
sdchew
lvl.4

Singapore

Geebax Posted at 2016-3-19 14:32
Yes, but Apple are wrong, the original iPad Mini is not powerful enough to run the Go App, you nee ...

I got an Osmo. Let me try the DJI Go App on it for a while.
2016-3-19
Use props
rwickra
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29908 ft
United States

I can confirm that it works, but is buggy. I have an iPad Mini (1st gen) running IOS 9.1.2 and tried several times. The DJI Go app loads fine and everything looks peachy until you try streaming live video with movement. The video starts to flicker and becomes pixelated. I think the Mini 1 is just not beefy enough to handle the stream. That's my 0.02 worth.
2016-3-20
Use props
4StateFlyer
lvl.1

United States

rwickra Posted at 2016-3-20 23:30
I can confirm that it works, but is buggy. I have an iPad Mini (1st gen) running IOS 9.1.2 and tried ...

VERY buggy.  I had a Ipad Mini the lag just made flying no fun, just is not powerful enough to do it properly.  So can it fly with app yes... but expect lag.

I personally sold my ipad mini gen 1, and went with a Ipad Air 2.  I love the big screen and no lag.
2016-3-20
Use props
kwong.james
New

Hong Kong

The combination of the iPad mini 1 and the Phantom 4 DJI GO app works ok initially, the problem is the live streaming and video recording in 4k. As the other user's pointed out, it's buggy, and glitchy. Big green bands fall across the screen, and there is intermittent recording. I think there is just not enough processing power. Works fine with the iPhone 6 though, so it was definitely the ipad 1 that was letting it down.
2016-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules