Card formatting issues
1900 5 2016-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
magicpony
New

Australia

Hi all. I'm new to the Osmo AND pretty green shooting video in general.  The first time I turned on the Osmo and connected it to my iPhone the screen said invalid SD card. I took it out and put it back in a few times and eventually it worked. Today I bought a 32GB Lexar 1000X card and inserted it and got the same message. I formatted it on my iMac (MS DOS-FAT) (Master Boot Record). The Osmo either said invalid card or reformatting is suggested. I have tried every combination I can think of to format the card but keep getting these error messages. I saw online that you can format the card in the camera through the settings icon - General. My Osmo and DJI Go app does not have that option. There is nothing about formatting in the settings of the DJI Go app. Can someone please help!
2016-3-18
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi,
Please look at below recommended SD card:
1)        Lexar 633X Class10 16GB MicroSDHC UHS-I SD card;
2)        Panasonic 16GB MicroSDHC UHS-3 SD card;
3)        Sandisk Extreme 16GB MicroSDHC UHS-3 SD card;

For the card with less than 32GB, please format it into FAT32 cluster size of 32KB.
For the card with volume of larger than 32GB, please format it into ExFAT.

In the DJI GO App, please go to Gear icom->Setting: Camera->(the second to the last) Format SD Card.
2016-3-18
Use props
magicpony
New

Australia

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-3-19 15:44
Hi,
Please look at below recommended SD card:
1)        Lexar 633X Class10 16GB MicroSDHC UHS-I SD card;

Thanks for that. I didn't even get to the camera settings. I was fixated on formatting the card. The video I saw online must have been an old version of the app. Cards that exceed those specifications are OK to use though aren't they? You say which format for above and below 32GB but what is recommended for 32GB?
2016-3-19
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

magicpony@mac.c Posted at 2016-3-20 10:57
Thanks for that. I didn't even get to the camera settings. I was fixated on formatting the card. T ...

Use Fat32 for 32g
2016-3-19
Use props
magicpony
New

Australia

Thanks Nigel
2016-3-20
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

magicpony@mac.c Posted at 2016-3-20 10:57
Thanks for that. I didn't even get to the camera settings. I was fixated on formatting the card. T ...

Hi,
To get a good performance, we would only recommend the SD card of Class 10 or above. That is, we would recommend Class 10,UHS-1 and UHS-3
The recommended maximum volume of the SD card is 64GB.
For a 32GB card, please format it into FAT32.

BTW, please upgrade the firmwares of both the DJI GO App and the Osmo to the latest versions.
2016-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules