Osmo pan not working in flashlight position
2188 11 2016-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
justin28037.yah
New

I have noticed after upgrading to the new 1.5.2.0 firmware, the Osmo does not allow panning the camera in flashlight position. Once the camera is elevated to about 30 degrees or so from flashlight position, it regains pan ability. Tapping on the screen allows panning but not on joystick. Anyone else experienceing this?
2016-3-19
Use props
TravisSRT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68555177 ft
  • >>>

Same here brother.  Not sure what got screwed up
2016-3-19
Use props
simler
lvl.2
Canada

There is another thread on this topic I started called Can't pan in flashlight mode. DJI said they removed that ability on the last upgrade. Don't ask me why but check the other thread.
2016-3-19
Use props
justin28037.yah
New

simler Posted at 2016-3-20 00:00
There is another thread on this topic I started called Can't pan in flashlight mode. DJI said they r ...

Can you share the link to that forum please? Thanks!
2016-3-19
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The PAN motor on the osmo would not really pan when in flashlight mode anyway ( it would have a roll effect ). The slight panning effect you get by touching he screen is just the roll motor moving as much as it can left and right.

If you want Pan hold the osmo upright..
2016-3-19
Use props
simler
lvl.2
Canada

justin28037.yah Posted at 2016-3-19 11:27
Can you share the link to that forum please? Thanks!

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D312%26typeid%3D312
2016-3-19
Use props
justin28037.yah
New

sploodge Posted at 2016-3-20 01:38
The PAN motor on the osmo would not really pan when in flashlight mode anyway ( it would have a roll ...

That's true but the old firmware allowed panning while in this position. Was very helpful for low angle shooting. They have minimized the pan distance now too where before it seemed to have had a better range in flashlight position. Not a big deal though. Ill just hold it upright
2016-3-20
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello, guys!
Due to the mechanical limitation, this feature has been reduced in the latest firmware version.
2016-3-21
Use props
shu425
New

United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-3-21 06:43
Hello, guys!
Due to the mechanical limitation, this feature has been reduced in the latest firmware ...

Hello - is it possible to "undo" a firmware update?  Or any way to revert back to the former version where I could still pan in flashlight mode?
2016-5-4
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

China

shu425 Posted at 2016-5-5 10:21
Hello - is it possible to "undo" a firmware update?  Or any way to revert back to the former versi ...

Hello!
The firmware can only be downgraded one version by one version.
Since the older version to v1.6.2.10 is v1.5.2.0 which is not available at present, I'm afraid you can't revert back to the former version if you've already upgraded the firmware to v1.6.2.10.

May I know why you wanna use the former firmware? To get a better user experience, the latest firmware would be recommended.
If you have any problem, please feel free to contact us.
2016-5-4
Use props
shu425
New

United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-5 02:26
Hello!
The firmware can only be downgraded one version by one version.
Since the older version to  ...

Hello.  Thanks for the information.  I'd like to use the former firmware because I primarily use the Osmo in the flashlight position.  The new firmware took away my ability to tweak the pan while shooting in flashlight, so I'd like to go back.  I was able to create a wider ranger of shots in flashlight position with the old firmware but I'm restricted now.
2016-5-5
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

shu425 Posted at 2016-5-5 21:36
Hello.  Thanks for the information.  I'd like to use the former firmware because I primarily use t ...

Thanks for your reply!
As I explained before, the pan range under flashlight mode is limited because of the mechanical end point and most of the users may not benefit from that feature, for that reason, in the latest firmware, it was changed.
With the new firmware, you would get more better features, please make the most of it.
Sorry for any inconvenience caused!
2016-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules