Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire1 remote bricked after software update - SOLVED
12Next >
23406 60 2016-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
marcsobel
New

United States

In an attempt to update the Inspire 1 and two remote controllers, One of my remotes is now bricked.

The attempt was to install Remote control version 1.5.80, Camera 1.7.00.90 with master download version 1.6.00.40, using Droid DJI GO 2.7.0

When starting the Droid app, the update required displayed and when to do the upgrade, downloaded the file and then installed the software, at the end a message said the update failed. From this point on the controller will not do anything.

Tried the following:
Using IPad instead of Android (both have current IO and app software)
Tried factory recommended controller reboot using 4 button push with turning the controller on and off.
Tried default version gs_ofdm.bin on USB, EFAT and FAT formats
Tried current version WM610_FW_V01.07.00.90.bin on USB, EFAT and FAT formats
Tried to connect with camera gimbal via cable, old method.
Tried manual link with Inspire1
Tried reinstalling Android and IPAD app and reconnect.

The results are all the same, the controller displays a bluish led, not green or red.
The App says the controller is disconnected, will not show versions on the "about" screen, shows N/A

The Application do not show a prompt to update.

My other controller works just fine, used the same process to update, originally the bricked controller was set as the master. My slave have been moved to be the Master now and it flys the Inspire 1 just fine.

Any more ideas would be welcome,
Thanks
2016-3-19
Use props
terrylewis
Captain
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can try to reset the Remote Controller. This should allow you to download the firmware again via the GO App :

Symptoms: The remote controller turns off automatically, then the first led light on it turns cyan. And when you connect your remote controller with your mobile device again, the app says no signal, and there’s no notification that says the remote controller needs to be updated.
Solution: It’s possibly because the 1765 module on the remote controller fails updating. So please press these four buttons on the remote controller at the same time, namely, C1, C2, Recording and the Scroll that adjusts ISO, meanwhile, spare another finger to turn the remote controller on (don’t let the other four fingers go), then turn on the app and you’ll be able to download the firmware again and please follow the steps on the app and the remote controller will hence be updated. Here's a video by Sploodge of the four(4) finger salute:
2016-3-19
Use props
marcsobel
New

United States

Tried all that already, no luck.
2016-3-19
Use props
mossbot
New

Having the same issue as above. The solution posted didn't work for me either.
2016-3-19
Use props
Harb
lvl.4

Australia

Maybe stupid , but are you sure the remote is not in Slave mode ?
Edit.....just re read the OP sorry
2016-3-19
Use props
Donnie
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

You tried the hard reset of the Transmitter ?  Also I believe before you press the last  "Scroll ISO Button "   ( While holding the other 3 down ) you wait for a tone and then press it.  Or hold all four down and wait for tone ,  Then cycle power off  and back to on .   I have never Done this myself  , but I dont understand why it Re-sets for some and not others.    Maybe some one who has done it can  chime in with  what worked for them.  
good Luck - donnie   

hard reset.PNG
2016-3-20
Use props
marcsobel
New

United States

I carefully followed DJI instructions to press the 4 buttons and have also tried variation of those instructions stated by others. There is no tone heard when stating the controller or turning it off.
Has anyone found a way to connect to a computer via the mini USB to flash or reset the controller?

My observation is that controller is no longer communicating with the App or the USB connector.
2016-3-20
Use props
Donnie
Captain
United States

marcsobel Posted at 2016-3-20 10:29
I carefully followed DJI instructions to press the 4 buttons and have also tried variation of those  ...

Sorry marcsobel, at least you can still fly.  I Have heard others have had fast turnaround times with DJI repair service.   Maybe on Monday morning some of the DJI folks can chime in and give ideas.

Good Luck- donnie
2016-3-20
Use props
Donnie
Captain
United States

marcsobel Posted at 2016-3-20 10:29
I carefully followed DJI instructions to press the 4 buttons and have also tried variation of those  ...

Why not try a thumb drive and load it with the  firmware 1.3 and see if it works. Then update from here.  Maybe after you try to update, take a look at the hidden files and see if there is any information you can glean from it.  All the Updates Before 1.3 were done with thumb drives or SD adapters,  Cant hurt at this point.  If it does work, it should give you prompts on the GO app ,  the next update via the Go App and Wi - FI .  

let me know - donnie
2016-3-20
Use props
terrylewis
Captain
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

marcsobel Posted at 2016-3-20 23:29

marc,
  the gs_ofmd.bin was created at v1.2.0.17 and if you used it, then as Donnie states, you may need to try the v1.3.0.00 Firmware. Currently the GO App downloads the v1.5.8 RC firmware from THIS LINK....., so it's NOT in the aircraft firmware anymore. For the Android, the GO App stages it in the DJI/dji.pilot/Package folder. You may want to look there and see if your GO App still has the package staged for download...
2016-3-20
Use props
marcsobel
New

United States

SOLVED
After 3 calls to customer service, 2 more on line chat service call, DJI gets a failing grade to help fix this.

A Big THANK YOU to Terry Lewis for his advise in the forum to try the older 1.05.0080.bin software version install via USB. That did the trick.
2016-3-20
Use props
Donnie
Captain
United States

marcsobel Posted at 2016-3-20 16:14
SOLVED
After 3 calls to customer service, 2 more on line chat service call, DJI gets a failing grade ...

Glad you got it solved, tenacity overcomes adversity every-time,  well done Terry Lewis also.

I raise a Pint in your General direction, I live in Michigan so I will assume South.

Cheers- donnie
2016-3-20
Use props
mossbot
New

A big thank you from me as well! The solution Donnie and terrylewis posted solved the issue for me. I was really worried I would have to dive into the void that is official support.
2016-3-20
Use props
Emagine
lvl.1
Flight distance : 273638 ft
United Kingdom

Hi guys. I was having a similar problem and used this thread to fix it.
I downloaded the 1.5.8 firmware mentioned above in TerryLewis' post and copied it to a USB thumb drive.
Put this in the back of my non responding RC
Then with the power off I did the 4 button restart procedure mentioned above and powered on holding the buttons until I heard the beeps. This forced the RC to reset and install the firmware from the USB drive.
Once it had all stopped beeping I was left with a controller that now had the red LED status meaning no longer paired to the Inspire. Cycled the power on the RC and then did a manual bind of the RC to the inspire using the C1+C2+Rec button hold while tapping the ISO dial button in. This put the RC into pair mode and I pressed the red button on the inspire to make it bind to the RC again.
Then I was back to normal again.

Many thanks all above.... really helped me out from a failed firmware update!
2016-4-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

mossbot Posted at 2016-3-21 08:04
A big thank you from me as well! The solution Donnie and terrylewis posted solved the issue for me.  ...

Glad you got the RC working again.
Interesting, I just reset a RC and then it asked for a firmware update through the app. After updating it did NOT have to be relinked to the aircraft. I was surprised.And a factory reset now takes the RC down to 1.3, so the USB 1.3 firmware via USB port on RC is no longer required since a reset takes it to 1.3.
2016-4-5
Use props
Igor Bujanovic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 17333 ft
  • >>>
Germany

terrylewis Posted at 2016-3-20 21:32
marc,
  the gs_ofmd.bin was created at v1.2.0.17 and if you used it, then as Donnie states, you ma ...

Your advice helped me too today, after failed firmware update (version v1.8.1.00). Aircraft update was successful, but RC update failed leaving the nice expensive brick on my desk.

Nothing helped, but your advice. Then some wired messages, several restarts and finally, managed to connect the RC to my updated Inspire 1. Took many hours and lost nerves. DJI really sucks at Android software development...
2016-4-10
Use props
info.aerial-ins
lvl.1
Flight distance : 597487 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-5 17:41
Glad you got the RC working again.
Interesting, I just reset a RC and then it asked for a firmware  ...

How do you rest the remote?
2016-4-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

info.aerial-ins Posted at 2016-4-11 05:27
How do you rest the remote?

Hold down the C1,C2,video, camera setting dial, and while all 4 are pressed power up the RC and as soon as it powers up wait a few seconds then let go of all buttons and it's done. Then you can update through the app.
2016-4-10
Use props
Donnie
Captain
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-10 21:55
Hold down the C1,C2,video, camera setting dial, and while all 4 are pressed power up the RC and as ...

Ken when you reset this way, will you have to re-link to the Aircraft as well.  

you know Me ....Mr details

Crazy week boss-- donnie
2016-4-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-12 01:05
Ken when you reset this way, will you have to re-link to the Aircraft as well.  

you know Me .... ...

Thanks man,
And yes all the firmware updates at once has made it a crazy weekend.

And I just found the solution to RC Signal Lost on the P4. Last week I found and posted that downgrading the RC to 1.5.8 then updating the aircraft first then the RC again will solve it.

I just tested a few P4's and got it say RC Signal Lost when I powered the RC off when unplugging the USB and plugging into the aircraft.
SO ANSWER IS TO LEAVE THE RC ON THE ENTIRE DOWNLOAD / UPLOAD PROCESS, then you'll be able to update just fine.
2016-4-11
Use props
Donnie
Captain
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-11 12:26
Thanks man,
And yes all the firmware updates at once has made it a crazy weekend.

Good Job,

Just help me clarify one thing when clearing the transmitter with the 4 finger salute and powering on.  AFTER  doing so will you have to re-link theRC to the aircraft ?  I know this will roll back to 1.3 but not sure if re -link is necessary.

also dropped you a line to your other account .  

donnie
2016-4-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-12 02:46
Good Job,

Just help me clarify one thing when clearing the transmitter with the 4 finger salute a ...

I have not tried with the firmware on the USB. I just tried and it does nothing without a USB stick connected with firmware.
It did make the light turn pink but when you power off and back on it goes red again. Then power up the aircraft and it connects.
Last week I took a RC on 1.6 and I could have sworn the button combo and powering on took the RC to 1.5.8 and no re-linking was needed. But I just tried the combo on 1.6 and 1.5.8 and it does nothing.

So, it only works with the RC BIN file on the SD card. And I think the one you provided was for an Inspire, if used on a P3 it may brick the RC.
2016-4-11
Use props
rodo2071
New

Canada

Can I use a memory card in a card reader and connect it to the aircraft camera via the micro usb port to update the AC firmware?
2016-5-29
Use props
shags7
New
Flight distance : 13100 ft

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-12 04:26
I have not tried with the firmware on the USB. I just tried and it does nothing without a USB stic ...

I have a very similar issue as many on this post have noted.  I updated my Inspire 1 to the latest software (v1.9.1.30), and while the update was successful on the aircraft, I was left with a brick as you say as a remote - the remote shows a solid red led, the aircraft has a steady blinking yellow led and the DJI GO app does not recognize the connection to the remote (stays on the initial setup screen asking you to connect).  After 3 calls with DJI Support with no solution except to send in the remote for repair, I searched the net for solutions and finally came across these posts.  I then downloaded the RC Firmware v1.5.8 provided by terrylewis onto a USB drive, inserted the drive into the USB port of the RC, then did the 4-button push and power-up, but nothing happened.  I am still stuck with my remote with a steady red led and the DJI GO app not recognizing that my remote is connected.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
2016-7-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

shags7 Posted at 2016-7-29 06:51
I have a very similar issue as many on this post have noted.  I updated my Inspire 1 to the latest ...

Let's try this.
With the RC OFF, press C1,C2,video,photo, and camera settings dial. With all those firmly pressed, power up the radio. Then download 1.3 from link below onto a USB drive. follow the directions for updating RC. After that, connect the RC to the app via USB cable and the app should tell you a RC firmware update is required (make sure to have internet access). Go to the homepage and download the RC update and when it installs 1.6 then you should be ok. You can go to the About page to see if it took 1.6. If so, then power up the Inspire and see if your all good, green light on RC. If not, then relink and you should be connected.
http://www.dji.com/product/inspire-1/info#downloads
2016-7-28
Use props
shags7
New

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-29 09:37
Let's try this.
With the RC OFF, press C1,C2,video,photo, and camera settings dial. With all those ...

Unfortunately, no difference.  When I did that, it just started-up as before.  Same red light and no different beeps or sounds.  I tried it both with jump drive (with v1.3 loaded) and without jump drive inserted in USB port - same result; a steady red led and did not take update.  As some additional background info, I purchased my Inspire 1 very early on (I pre-ordered it from one of the authorized dealers and received it within 3 months of the public release date); thereafter, I recall only doing the first update, which was about 3-4 months (if I recall correctly) after the initial release.  Moreover, I have never used it with the DJI GO app; only with the prior DJI Pilot App.  The aircraft updated easily to the current 1.9 version, but as previously noted, the remote has been a different story.   
2016-8-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

shags7 Posted at 2016-8-4 11:03
Unfortunately, no difference.  When I did that, it just started-up as before.  Same red light and  ...

I'm sorry about that, Maybe you should send it in to be looked at.You also said the app doesn't see the RC, no matter what firmware the RC is on the app should see it.
You've already tried different cables or a different device right?
2016-8-4
Use props
shags7
New

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-4 22:11
I'm sorry about that, Maybe you should send it in to be looked at.You also said the app doesn't see ...

Yes, different cables and different devices.  I think the reason it does not see the DJI GO app is because the firmware on the remote is one of the initial firmwares that runs on the old DJI Pilot app.  In any case, I will be sending the remote in as that appears to be my only option at this point.
2016-8-4
Use props
shags7
New

I'm sorry about that, Maybe you should send it in to be looked at.You also said the app doesn't see ...

Thank you again for all your help.
2016-8-4
Use props
shags7
New

Thank you again for all your help.
2016-8-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

shags7 Posted at 2016-8-5 07:40
Yes, different cables and different devices.  I think the reason it does not see the DJI GO app is ...

OK, since loading the 1.3 BIN file onto a USB drive and installing into the RC then powering up and it didn't work then send it in.
One more thing to try so I can see what firmware it's on and if it will see the app. from the app go to the home page and you'll see the top right icon (graduation hat). Press that for 5-10 seconds and that takes you into a firmware page. make sure the aircraft is OFF. See if tat brings up anything. If now and since you see disconnected and tried different cables, it could be your UPB port on the RC has gone bad. If you have the RC on and plug in an Android or IOS device (on latest updates) you should see the charging icon on screen.
2016-8-4
Use props
Puttmaster
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18931532 ft
  • >>>

If you have a bricked controller and people are telling you it is the USB port, it is not. It is actually the HD video downlink board that needs replaced. This is literally a 2 minute fix. It is a bummer DJI will not supply these on their website, but they are out there online elsewhere.
2016-8-18
Use props
Scott Allman
New

United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-3-21 06:22
Glad you got it solved, tenacity overcomes adversity every-time,  well done Terry Lewis also.

I just joined... I am in Michigan too. Near Lansing. I am trying to reset my RC. I foolishly upgraded today and now there is no communication between Inspire and RC.
2016-8-20
Use props
Donnie
Captain
United States

Scott Allman Posted at 2016-8-20 15:15
I just joined... I am in Michigan too. Near Lansing. I am trying to reset my RC. I foolishly upgra ...

You must upgrade both the RC transmitter  and the Inspire 1 aircraft,   be sure to always update the aircraft First.  If you  get into trouble Scott let me know and I will help you out.
Scott, did I meet you once at Haslett High School flying my Phantom Pro ?

donnie
2016-8-21
Use props
gfoderaro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2485869 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Hi all, I just joined...
Today I upgraded th aircraft but when I tried to to the same to the RC controller it was disconnected during the process. I just received a message from Android (Samsung Tab A) that the tablet could not connect to the external device.
The RC now has a light white/green led light.
I tried all the reset procedures with no luck.
Please help!
2016-10-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

gfoderaro@gmail Posted at 2016-10-6 01:37
Hi all, I just joined...
Today I upgraded th aircraft but when I tried to to the same to the RC cont ...

Just to make sure, use the following button combination to reset the RC:

* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote.

I would recommend relinking the RC manually by using the following:

* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button on the controller, then the controller will beep like D-DD.
*Let go all fingers, press the wheel on the right side of the controller and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon.

In between the reset and relinking, you can attempt to connect just the RC to the Go app (aircraft off) to see whether the firmware claims to have updated successfully or if you need to reattempt the update. If the issue persists, can you confirm whether your tablet provides any sort of indication that the device is receiving power from the RC?
2016-10-5
Use props
leslierambaran
New
Trinidad and Tobago

Thanks for the info helped me restore my bricked controller but now when both inspire and rc connected im getting signal lost notification how to proceed?
2016-10-9
Use props
Donnie
Captain
United States

leslierambaran Posted at 2016-10-9 22:30
Thanks for the info helped me restore my bricked controller but now when both inspire and rc connect ...

What FirmWare  do you have on the system , They must be a match , for example the AirCraft latest FW is 1.9  and the match for the RC Transmitter is 1.6 or 1.7  .  If you have matching FW and still have signal lost then go to Remote control settings and Link the aircraft  to the RC.

Be sure you can find the Red link button on the Aircraft before beginning the procedure, it is inside the white  fuselage on the Right hand front behind the silver Nose screw, use a flashlight if necessary.  do Not LINK unless you have a match in the FW between the AC and RC or linking will not work.  If not sure of a Match then list it here and I will help you, be sure to reply to my post so I know you need help .The procedure for linking begins on the Remote control  Page of the Go app towards the bottom of the page , make sure the AC and RC are both ON.  You have 60 seconds when the procedure begins to find the red button on the AC, firmly press and hold it in  for about 7 seconds when instructed  to do so .

donnie

donnie
2016-10-10
Use props
metalbits
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1414593 ft
United Kingdom

marcsobel Posted at 2016-3-20 13:14
SOLVED
After 3 calls to customer service, 2 more on line chat service call, DJI gets a failing grade to help fix this.

Would be good if you could link me up with the controller firmware .... sat here pulling indevidual hairs out of my head.... tried reseting controller , various config of buttons ,still no joy i get two blleps and red led then a purplish led and unable to do anything   please help
2017-4-1
Use props
metalbits
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1414593 ft
United Kingdom

terrylewis Posted at 2016-3-20 11:32
marc,
  the gs_ofmd.bin was created at v1.2.0.17 and if you used it, then as Donnie states, you may need to try the v1.3.0.00 Firmware. Currently the GO App downloads the v1.5.8 RC firmware from THIS LINK....., so it's NOT in the aircraft firmware anymore. For the Android, the GO App stages it in the DJI/dji.pilot/Package folder. You may want to look there and see if your GO App still has the package staged for download...

Hi terry
i have a spare controller locked in slave mode . i lent it to a friend and now i cant return it to normal so i can slave it up with my controls again , i have tried the 3/4 button reset but to no avail .... please help , upon reset trying the led blinkd twice red then too that slave clour led ,, running out  of patience . many thanks
2017-4-1
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules