Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Last video clip of each flight won't open
1468 2 2014-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jenbleyes
New

United States

I have had my vision 2+ for about 3 weeks now and each time I've flown it, that last video clip shows up on my
pc as a file that can't open.  I've lost out on a couple of amazing shots because I thought I had them, came home and
when I download all the files, the last one looks like it's there but won't open.  It makes no sense.  All the other clips
transfer and open fine.  Any suggestions on what could be causing this?  Worst case scenario I'm going to have to shoot
a junk clip at the end of each flight to make sure I'm not throwing anything good away but I shouldn't have to do that.

Thanks in advance for any help!

2014-9-27
Use props
johnwarr
Captain
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

If you turn off the phantom before stopping the video it does not have time to finalise the file.
Always stop recording and give it 30 seconds or so before turning off the phantom.
You can recover the last file by putting the memory card back in the phantom and turning it on, leave it a min to finalise the file then turn it off.
2014-9-27
Use props
Tony
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2856060 ft
  • >>>
United States

Agreed, it sounds as though you are not ending record before powering down the phantom. The camera must finalize the file before powering down.

This files are not lost! Even if the above method (turning on the phantom, waiting 30 seconds, and turning it off) doesn't fix the bad files, there is a way to salvage them. Let us know if you need these files and want the fix. There is a thread on this forum with a couple of different methods to rebuild them.

Also let us know if you figure out your problem. Best of luck!
2014-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules