more update problems on updates, of the updates.
1481 20 2016-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alien tech
lvl.3
Flight distance : 84902 ft
Bulgaria

I am very p***ed at this 3 advanced. Got this last year, done about 5000 upgrades no problem, but hay all those upgades!  
So I put it away for the winter; 4 months in cold storage, run the bat's down to near empty or about 20% put it in it's case and off to sleep.

So, nice day in March, lets get the old girl out for a little fly.  Hoooo NO, NO,  More upgrades!  I installed what I thought was the latest V 1.60040  seemed to install OK.
Then I looked, and what do I find;  YET another version V1.70060, GREAT!  So now I format the little sd card in the computer, copy over the bin file of the 1.70060 and put that into the machine. buzzzz, buzzz for about 4 senconds and it sits there light green, well that was short I thought! But OK, set it up, checked the file .txt said succress but about 30 after said aborted as the file was the same or older than the one that was installed. Ummm. connected the RC up, and my tablet, and then the fun started, first; the RC said everything needed updating, but, but I had just updated it.

Then, I used the tablet connected to the RC online, and downloaded the latest for the the GO app, and the RC. Tried again, it seemed to reset all the GO app software. Thought I would try it out in the garden, ahahh. yea, first there was no GPS, then there was, took off, but the crontrols seemed very sensitive to what they were, and NO camera. thought hang on I am bring this back home, got to about 2 inches off the floor and it flipped due to too sensitive controls, broke 2 props, nothign else. Checked the software, and then its saying aircraft needed updates, and so did the camera. I am thinking But I have done that, said everything was OK 5 mins ago. SO I am completely lost as to what going on. It's as thought the whole machine has gone psycho on me. camera does not work still, althought the gimble is all working fine. But then it's showing real time pictures, but I cannot record.
I am ending up as batty as this stupid machine.

Meddle of October, it was running great, now it seems its a complete mess, I now have a psycho drone on my hands!!  

ANy help would be good. I am, at the minute,  part way to giving it a one way flight to the botton the clifes.

2016-3-20
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110577 ft
United States

Alien, Hmmm when I updated my P3A I put the bin file on the SD card installed a battery slipped in the SD card and started the update. Beep twice then started flashing a red light ( no sound) I was thinking there should be red greed lights and beep beep. Anyhow after 20 minutes I turned off the battery, pulled the SD card, formatted the card, downloaded the v1.7.0060 bin file again, installed it back on the SD card slid it back into the P3A turned the battery on, and Ya WHooo! , it all started loading normal. So, I would try to format the SD card and download zip file again from DJI and try it again. I made sure all my batteries are charged 100% capacity. I hope you get it straighten out.
2016-3-20
Use props
Alien tech
lvl.3
Bulgaria

TomWolves Posted at 2016-3-20 17:28
Alien, Hmmm when I updated my P3A I put the bin file on the SD card installed a battery slipped in t ...

Hi thanks, yep drone BAT was completely full, so what this is all about I have no idea, Downloaded the files twice now, unpacked, to bin file, run card format on my PC. so it was completely clean. copied across the new BIN file. and Oppppps same thing. But now I don't even get a TXT file saying its worked, or not worked.

I also logged on the NET, to update the Go app, and the RC, said it needed updates. It said I need a new vision, which it said it was downloading, which it did, it installed the downloads. Now again, its saying the drone, needs updates, camera needs updates and so does the RC. it's playing me around this tihng.
So as is I am all out of ideas..
had my first little crash with it, done 2 props nothing else, WHooo. controles now seem hyper sensitive, why, done' ask me!!  As said it's like its gone psycho on me!
2016-3-20
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534587 ft
United Kingdom

Yes update should take about 20 mins max. Sounds like your update jumped a few stages hey. I'd just keep trying to install the firmware until you get a proper installation of it.

Also on your batteries. You should store them between 60-75% not as low as 20% as that could damage the, beyond repair just as bad as leaving the, at 100% for long periods.

Sorry to hear you crashed! I feel the new fw has made the p3 more sensitive to handle as well. It's something to do with the compass update perhaps or maybe gains were adjusted. Mine flies great though and the fw update went smooth.

Hope you can sort it out and not smash it up on a cliff! ;)
2016-3-20
Use props
johnsr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1579022 ft
France

Just a suggestion: you should not forget to do an IMU and compass calibration once you have sorted out the updates. This should bring your craft back to normal flight. Then recheck your expo settings, after all those updates they hare certainly returned to the default values (0.40); you will probably want softer settings (say 0.20) for easier control.
Best of luck & have fun!
2016-3-20
Use props
Alien tech
lvl.3
Bulgaria

johnsr Posted at 2016-3-20 18:08
Just a suggestion: you should not forget to do an IMU and compass calibration once you have sorted o ...

Is the format for the SD card Normal FAT 32, or is it some special files system. Cos I formatted it on PC to fat 32. ALso, attempted to format card using the DJI app, but that did not work, and the little slider under the word MENU on the screen has a life all of its own, going back and forth like aping pong ball. WHATS that all about.
2016-3-20
Use props
johnsr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1579022 ft
France

Yes its FAT 32. The slider's weird jitter sounds like a similar problem I had a few days ago. It disappeared after I replaced the firmware bin file and tried another update. Incidentally, when you update the craft your RC controller is Off (as it should be)? Then you should check that the update was OK by reading the txt file on the PC. Once that's done you can go for the RC controller.
Best of luck!
2016-3-20
Use props
Alien tech
lvl.3
Bulgaria

johnsr Posted at 2016-3-20 20:47
Yes its FAT 32. The slider's weird jitter sounds like a similar problem I had a few days ago. It dis ...

well that's right then; formatted put the new update BIN file on about 8 times now, it seems the whole machine is completely screwed up, WHY, I have no idea.  Just won't seem to except it. and the RC keeps saying camara , drone, and RC needs updating.   BUT JUST WON'T UPDATE!
2016-3-20
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110577 ft
United States

Alien tech Posted at 2016-3-21 02:51
well that's right then; formatted put the new update BIN file on about 8 times now, it seems the wh ...

try this link ;  http://www.phantomhelp.com/Phantom-3-Professional/    http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... m-3-firmware.50065/
2016-3-20
Use props
Alien tech
lvl.3
Bulgaria

TomWolves Posted at 2016-3-20 21:32
try this link ;  http://www.phantomhelp.com/Phantom-3-Professional/    http://www.phantompilots.com ...

does anyone know if the online support can help, say like Norton anitvirus system does, they can connected to your system and control and see whats going on to find and rectify the problem, remotely!
2016-3-20
Use props
Nicola90s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3060869 ft
Russia

Alien tech Posted at 2016-3-21 14:42
does anyone know if the online support can help, say like Norton anitvirus system does, they can c ...

Hi!

I'm sorry for your drone, this have convicted me to keep the 1.6 firmware version.

Maybe if you still have problems with camera you could try to make a downgrade.

And as other users said, remember to do an IMU, compass and gimbal calibration after every update.
2016-3-20
Use props
Nicola90s
lvl.4
Russia

Alien tech Posted at 2016-3-21 14:42
does anyone know if the online support can help, say like Norton anitvirus system does, they can c ...

And about your question, I think that you can discard the flight records on your aircraft (.DAT files) and ask to the DJI support to analyze them.
2016-3-20
Use props
Alien tech
lvl.3
Bulgaria

Nicola90s Posted at 2016-3-21 09:41
Hi!

I'm sorry for your drone, this have convicted me to keep the 1.6 firmware version.

HI; well it turns out, I am the fool/ idiots crown of the day.  I downloaded the wrong software, and also did not upgrade my dji Go app either to the latest. so between the both, it completely screwed the machine up, Oppps.  Anyway, managed to get a hold of some nice people, on the online help, who spend about an hour  or more, helping me find the right stuff , get rid of the old and install the new. in the end ( almost ) everything was sorted, Phew, the only problem I have now is setting up the DJI go software,  with personal preferences, which I am slowly working through. But I did notice, for some odd reason, when I done a test film, on first flight, the film played back very jumpy, like sticky, it played about 3 seconds, and stopped, then played, and stopped. Not sure if this would be the memory set wrong, so have to play around with it.
SO now looking for a good online youtube type vid to help show all the bits of the new GO app. If anyone knows of one. that would be a good help, please.  
2016-3-22
Use props
Nicola90s
lvl.4
Russia

Alien tech Posted at 2016-3-22 21:41
HI; well it turns out, I am the fool/ idiots crown of the day.  I downloaded the wrong software, an ...

Where do you watch the video? Direct from microSD? Have you tried to save video on the computer hard disk and watch it?
2016-3-22
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Head in hand.
2016-3-22
Use props
Alien tech
lvl.3
Bulgaria

Nicola90s Posted at 2016-3-22 16:36
Where do you watch the video? Direct from microSD? Have you tried to save video on the computer ha ...

HAHHA again, it seems it was a crap player on my PC if I use MS player, it seems quite smooth now. But had some fun with the custom settings, for the controls, as I don't like the idea, you push to left, and it goes right and via versa, gets my goat, so tried the custom settings, but then other stuff would not work like the 2 levers to bottom middle center to start engines. and other stuff was back to front, so put it back to mode 3 which I think is normal, for the moment. GrAA  need to try and find a way to reverse the controls to make it go right when I push right instead of left.
2016-3-22
Use props
Alien tech
lvl.3
Bulgaria

HAHAHHAH,  You and me both!
2016-3-22
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Alien tech Posted at 2016-3-22 15:23
HAHHA again, it seems it was a crap player on my PC if I use MS player, it seems quite smooth now. ...

Fly 180 degrees around. Problem solved except front and back movement ;) ha ha
2016-3-22
Use props
Alien tech
lvl.3
Bulgaria

Bhujang Posted at 2016-3-22 17:28
Fly 180 degrees around. Problem solved except front and back movement ;) ha ha

yea but aren't you going front and back when you go round and round, sort of!!!
2016-3-22
Use props
mcphipps900
lvl.3

United States

I'm getting dizzie....lol
2016-3-22
Use props
boatdrinks1979
lvl.1

United States

Alien tech Posted at 2016-3-20 11:36
Hi thanks, yep drone BAT was completely full, so what this is all about I have no idea, Downloaded  ...

I had the same problem. What I figured out is if you download the file for a second or third time in your computer it puts a 2 and 3 at end of file. Make sure you delete the downloads from the computer and do a fresh download. Unzip and then put on the drone.
2016-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules