Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Firmware Volume Very Low
3266 26 2016-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
patrickem
lvl.2

United States

I have updated to the latest firmware and have found that even with using the Rode VideoMicro the volume is way too low. The previous default of 30 was more than sufficient in fact needed to be turned down at times. Now the default of 30 gives almost no volume and turning up to 100 gives less than half the volume of any other camera I have. This seems like no testing went into this firmware at all. All this time waiting for fixes only to make things worse. I still want my money back.

Other issues: Video won't playback on phone, plays one minute then crashes DJI Go app.
                    Auto settings on video are way underexposing everything by 2 to 3 stops.
2016-3-20
Use props
djraffa
lvl.1

Mexico

With the upgrade , the recording volume is very low, I have to increase to 100 and so the volume is very low with the Rode VideoMicro
2016-3-20
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Our engineers will help to look into it.
What's the circumstances like? Was it very noisy in the surrounding?
Could you please upload the original video including the audo to us for analysis?
2016-3-21
Use props
Jagman16
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-3-21 10:12
What's the circumstances like? Was it very noisy in the sur ...

I have the exact same problem when I was testing and using mine.
Had to crank mine all the way up to make it useful....
2016-3-21
Use props
djraffa
lvl.1

Mexico

Solution: DOWNGRADE THE FIRMWARE
the new features will have to wait...
2016-3-21
Use props
patrickem
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-3-21 03:12

No noise just me and my camera. Import footage into Adobe Premiere Pro, audio peaks at -27dB when it should be closer to -3dB. Boosting in post production adds way too much static and background noise.
2016-3-21
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

djraffa@hotmail Posted at 2016-3-22 01:19
Solution: DOWNGRADE THE FIRMWARE
the new features will have to wait...

Your-our clients, feedback are precious to figure out the problems.
Could you please upload your video or audio to us for specific analysis.
Thanks for your cooperation!
2016-3-21
Use props
f_fasano
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9843 ft

My problem are  similar. I use the camera
2016-3-22
Use props
f_fasano
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9843 ft
United States

I use the camera from my inspire. I installed the new update and now the audio sounds slo motion while the video in normal. Gerrrrrrr
2016-3-22
Use props
smdzki
New

Canada

The sound level on my Camera is now horrible with the new update. Please fix this issue DJI!
2016-3-22
Use props
berndv
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2953 ft
Netherlands

Same here. I am using the Osmo with an external Sony mic. Whit the level set a 100 an me speaking in a normal voice at 50cm the sound is not even 'visible'  in Finalcut. It is repesented as a flat line. Only after adding an additional gain effect the sound becomes visibel in the timeline
2016-3-23
Use props
stevencossio
lvl.1

United States

Hey team, Same thing. I just noticed it myself, took some test footage of my kids and the MIC volume is amazing low. I remember doing a test prior to update and the sound was crisp and clean with Rode Mic. Now it sounds as if Im not even using the Rode mic and using the built in mic on the osmo. This has got to be a firmware bug. Hopefully there will be a fix soon, my sons birthday is near and I want to make sure I can capture those priceless moments with no issues. Even bought an extra 3 batteries to last.
2016-3-23
Use props
Masemoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5137425 ft
  • >>>
United States

Count me in on the group needing a fix.
Before the firmware audio level at 30 was good and crisp with Rode Videomicro. Post firmware playback I thought I had forgotten to plug it in.  Glad to know I am not alone.

Is it possible they reduced the power to mic jack to improve the battery life of the camera?
2016-3-23
Use props
Masemoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5137425 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-3-21 03:12

Are you needing a .mov file or...? How does one get it to you?
2016-3-23
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Masemoto@gmail. Posted at 2016-3-24 08:45
Are you needing a .mov file or...? How does one get it to you?

Yes, please!
You can upload the .mov or .mp4 to Dropbox and tell me the link.
2016-3-23
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Please be noticed that the new Firmware Version: v1.6.2.10 has been released in which has fixed the low audio recording issue.
Welcome to visit our official website for downloading, look forward to your further feedback.
2016-3-24
Use props
adaszku
lvl.1

Poland

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-3-24 12:01
Please be noticed that the new Firmware Version: v1.6.2.10 has been released in which has fixed the  ...

Great! Works OK with my Rode Stereo VideoMic Pro!

THX
2016-3-24
Use props
nico_mav
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1858852 ft
Greece

adaszku Posted at 2016-3-24 15:24
Great! Works OK with my Rode Stereo VideoMic Pro!

THX

It works great with Rode Video Micro too!
After 1.6 video levels are works good.
With an external mic the sound is good like DSLR
2016-3-24
Use props
appellb
New

United States

Hello
I am a brand new Osmo owner and I upgraded to the latest firmware.  I took my Osmo out for a test run this weekend with my Kids Easter Egg hunt and I had the included FlexMic attached to it.  When I play the video on my Mac there is a constant crackling sound in the audio.  It kind of sounds like the old days when I had a Walkman and the connection from the headset and the device was either loose or bad.

I don't know if this si a common occurrence that everyone else is experiencing or if this is something wrong with the Mic I received or the actual Osmo.

Any help would be appreciated.
2016-3-28
Use props
ari_za
lvl.2
Flight distance : 77300 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

appellb Posted at 2016-3-28 21:16
Hello
I am a brand new Osmo owner and I upgraded to the latest firmware.  I took my Osmo out for a t ...

Same here.
2016-3-28
Use props
nico_mav
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1858852 ft
Greece

appellb Posted at 2016-3-28 17:16
Hello
I am a brand new Osmo owner and I upgraded to the latest firmware.  I took my Osmo out for a t ...

I think that the latest firmware witch is 1.6  fix the sound problems... if not, that is a totally new story.
However I have test mine several times  with an external mic, and it sound really good.
2016-3-28
Use props
appellb
New

United States

nico_mav@hotmai Posted at 2016-3-28 14:12
I think that the latest firmware witch is 1.6  fix the sound problems... if not, that is a totally ...

U have the latest firmware and unfortunately it has not fixed it for me.  I am getting the crackling sound with the latest Firmware installed.
2016-3-28
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

appellb Posted at 2016-3-29 04:11
U have the latest firmware and unfortunately it has not fixed it for me.  I am getting the crackli ...

https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/200/883412
I just hope you'll get some enlightenment in above website about the clicking sound.
In the Osmo, the quality of the audio may vary from different external Mic. Compared to the FlexMic, following recommended Mic may have better performance:
Sennheiser MKE400
Sony ECM DS70P
Rode VideoMic Pro
Rode VideoMicro
Mymyk Smartmyk
DED DV-889
2016-3-28
Use props
appellb
New

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-3-29 10:59
https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/200/883412
I just hope you'll get some enlightenment in abov ...

Although I appreciate the link you have provided, that link is a discussion about how clicking in Audio has been introduced when the user is editing their video.  I have not edited the video/audio. This is straight from the SD card.

With that said, I guess I am wondering if there are any users out there that have upgrade, are using the FlexiMic that DJI is providing (one would assume it should work), and if they are recording and not getting any clicking sounds in their audio.  If so, then I would suspect that this has to either do with me having a bad MIC or a Bad Osmo Unit itself.

I am thinking of sending the unit back to the store that I purchased it from and requesting a new one to see how that works. Maybe it does just take me getting a different higher quality mic, but before I try that and I still have the ability to return the device, I would like to do that.

So, if anyone has the Osmo running the latest firmware and using the FlexiMic without any issues, please let me know.

Thanks,
2016-3-29
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

appellb Posted at 2016-3-29 21:47
Although I appreciate the link you have provided, that link is a discussion about how clicking in  ...

https://answers.yahoo.com/questi ... 080811194545AAmIBsL
https://feedback.techsmith.com/t ... und_in_camtasia_mac
Again, above two links are just for your reference.
You'll find it's quite a normal issue to have the static noise and click sound while recording, it might not a specific problem of Osmo.
Thanks for your understanding!
2016-3-29
Use props
appellb
New

United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-3-29 23:33
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080811194545AAmIBsL
https://feedback.techsmith.com/ ...

Look, I am not trying to be a jerk here, but I don't think it is quite common.  Just because there are posts about it for something else doesn't make it common for all audio.

Plus, a response of...."well it happens on other devices so its ok if it happens on ours is pretty poor".

I have ordered a new Osmo and different Mic and I will see if it is resolved.  If not, then this is useless to me and I will return for a refund until you all can figure out some better quality audio.
2016-3-31
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

appellb Posted at 2016-4-1 09:20
Look, I am not trying to be a jerk here, but I don't think it is quite common.  Just because there ...

Thanks for your reply!
I'd like to wait for your further feedback!
About the quality of audio, we'll keep doing better in the future.
If there's anything I can do for you, please let me know.
2016-3-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules