1. Map drawing with digital pen
2. The extra home point setting

Why ?
2016-3-20
Use props
Rnfaust
lvl.4
Flight distance : 734938 ft

I don't know if anyone noticed, but in the GO app on IOS, the Home Point icon disappeared from the left side of the main screen. Now there is just the Take off/Landing icon and the RTH icon.

So what you say? Well if you are like me, and few are I'm sure, you might need to reset your Home Point after take off. I do because I often take off from under a covered deck. Sounds crazy, but I have a good reason. I don't want  RTH to land my P3 on the roof.

The missing Home Point icon is the Go app button that resets your Home Point.
I just investigated and they have moved it to the settings menu (upper right). Then select the MC settings menu (top tab) and there it now resides. I'm ok with that. Only 2 menus in.

I guess they moved to avoid confusion between it and the RTH button above it. I can easily imagine some poor panicked guy trying to RTH in an emergency and accidentally resetting his home point to the P3's current location because the buttons looked similar and were located together. No problem now.

Related - that's probably why they are rethinking the CSC procedure to stop the motors.
2016-3-20
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110577 ft
United States

Cesarromein, I wrote a post asking the same question (where is the blue marker) , but have not received any responses.
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D369%26typeid%3D369
2016-3-20
Use props
QuadBart
lvl.4
Flight distance : 256506 ft
  • >>>
United States

I thought something was missing!    Hmmm I liked having the that feature handy on the first screen...
2016-3-20
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I hadn't noticed the change in locations, until you mentioned it. Thanks for the keen observation.
Not sure why they left the eraser behind, after removing the ability to draw on the map? ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-3-20
Use props
Nicola90s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3060869 ft
Russia

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-3-21 09:37
I hadn't noticed the change in locations, until you mentioned it. Thanks for the keen observation.
N ...

Yes, they left the erase button but they deleted those for draw, very strange.
2016-3-20
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Somebody was obviously sleeping at the drawing board? Daydreaming, about night things. Hahaha
Sure they will pick it up next time around. There always seems to be new things on the near horizon.

What other interesting improvements could there possibly be, to dream up, for the eager anticipatory throngs of drone pilots, and wan-a-bees?

RedHotPoker
2016-3-20
Use props
cesarromein
lvl.4
Flight distance : 842890 ft
Netherlands

Thanks Rnfaust for your tip.  I will go searching in the menu settings.
2016-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules